MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

It's not like it were an MAS 707 safety card.

If someone was to put onto the market a MAS A310 safety card ........ :)

Are airlines serious about not allowing passenger take away the safety cards?

bid closed, sold at USD 132.50! my maximum bid was only USD75 and when they reach 90++ this morning, I gave up. I just wait till July onwards then.

Please don't let the cabin cleaners know about this, othewise some might commit suicide thinking of the lost opportunity.

BTW, will the demo flight safety card be any different than the regular ones to be used in July onwards? If so, the price might be justified.

If someone was to put onto the market a MAS A310 safety card ........ :)

Or the MAStar BBJ....or even some "rare" common ones such as that used only on 9M-MKR which was unique only for this particular aircraft.

Btw, 9M-NAA safety card was previously also made available on eBay...

Please don't let the cabin cleaners know about this, othewise some might commit suicide thinking of the lost opportunity.

They'll probably slit some wrists...

Are airlines serious about not allowing passenger take away the safety cards?

Not really.

On some airlines, the crew will just look the other way. On some, don't ask dont tell. On others, they will put a large stack of surplus cards where the periodicals are normally placed - take 20 cards if you like at one go.

BTW, will the demo flight safety card be any different than the regular ones to be used in July onwards? If so, the price might be justified.

Donno. When the MH 772 9M-MRA was first introduced, it carried in the seats a special fold-out "B777 Guide" piece summarising the then "very new" cabin features as well as the new PTVs and this was only used for the "maiden" flights from late Apr to early June 1997.

Edited by Mushrif A

Airpearl will be on the inaugural on 1 July (flying whY on the main deck). My fingers are crossed for a full blown smashing trip report.

According to previous post, 9M-MNA will be shipped back to KUL on June 27th from TLS. The finished livery can be seen at least a few days before that day.

Its seems that MAS has decided that the A380 will be for London routes only now. No more KL-Sydney as the plane is too big for the route.

http://biz.thestar.c...13&sec=business

Not happy about this... :aggressive:

So, where else are they going to deploy the A380? Could AMS be back on the cards for the big bird??

Its seems that MAS has decided that the A380 will be for London routes only now. No more KL-Sydney as the plane is too big for the route.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/6/22/business/11529113&sec=business

If they decide the plane too large for the route and keep sending old cabin aircraft then they are gonna miss out kangaroo route big time

bought a ticket with them to do Syd- Kul in November just to fly the 380, even though the red one was cheaper by $300.

ah...now feeling cheated of the opportunity. Been a loyal supporter for many years....

Should have just booked with the red one and saved some money. At least you know what expect with the red one, a small seat for 8 hrs.

Latest insider info:

plane is due to leave TLS at noon on 28th June and arrive KUL 29th early morning, barring any probems.

Sometimes they use 14L for landing in the morning.

I've booked a return trip to KUL mainly due to the A380 on their inauharal flight but have since cancelled and rebooked with SIA. Have being a loyal fan of MAS for so many years but being played by them from time to time, had enough.

Don't get me wrong, I was excited hence purposely book the first trip. Very dissapointed. Kangaroo as MAS said is one of their most profitable routes yet for almost a small difference why would I want to fly their dated B744 or B772ER, also SIA is cheaper by $212. Downside stopover at Changi! But hey, more take-offs and landings for me yay!

It seems MH have great faith in Airbus and their training department by pressing A380 9M-MNA into regular long haul service almost immediately without multiple proving flights like others :hi:

Hi All,

Can't believe they announced they are going to do the SYD route then suddenly change their minds. Anyways they might bring it back later who knows. Can't be just serving 1 route. Also the 744 F is not too bad :)

I hope thier plan to decommision those jumbo is still on....its too old and has to go ...

If this happens than those 380 could be used to Syd.

Well until I physically see a MAS 380 at mascot, I would not believe anything anyone says.

Its the joy and perks of flying anything posiable airline. You never know what you will get !!.

Hi All,

Can't believe they announced they are going to do the SYD route then suddenly change their minds. Anyways they might bring it back later who knows. Can't be just serving 1 route. Also the 744 F is not too bad :)

Well unfortunately we have to wait some more. Not the first with this airlines. IMHO most who wanted to sample the A380 would have done so with other airlines. Plus, there is no "wow" factor thus far for MH A380.

To be fair to MH, they have not promoted nor announced the A380 service to SYD like they did with the LHR service. It was just shown on the booking engine.

Any chance of AMS coming back into the MH A380 route plan?