MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Hi everyone,

It was an honour for me to be invited over by Malaysia Airlines for their #myBigFlight event today. To the wonderful people at Malaysia Airlines, many thanks for having me in this exclusive event and it was indeed a truly remarkable experience, end to end.

Folks, I'm bad at words so I'll just let the photos do the talking. Pardon the sub-standard photos (I'm no travel blogger or member of the media :sorry: ) but I do hope you will enjoy them nonetheless :) .

A little teaser, to start with..

564336_10150982040818489_409057562_n.jpg

More to come. Stay tuned..

I understand -MNA still has the executive economy mini-cabin on the upper deck. A few rows of the standard Y seat but with great legroom of about 36' or 38'. Unfortunately, this mini-cabin will disappear post the TLS rectifications and in its place are two additional rows of J seats.

As promised, here are more photos from today's #myBigFlight joyride event :)

But before I begin, here's a copy of the electronic invitation that I received from MH couple of days ago. I was jumping with joy upon receiving this piece and have been counting my days for the big flight since then. Anyway, it is the agenda details that I would like share most from this piece - I hope it will find you well as you view the following photos:

MalaysiaAirlinesA380Joyridee-Invite.jpg

And so it begins, a journey of epic proportions for both myself and Malaysia Airlines. Yeehaw~

550482_10150982149508489_592783488_10073483_454494233_n.jpg

Parking signage for #myBigFlight participants are strategically placed, and easy to spot from a distance too.

250866_10150982150098489_1258297147_n.jpg

Park and hop!

428533_10150982150693489_592783488_10073489_1902444696_n.jpg

KLIA was surprisingly mundane this morning at 9:00 AM despite the mid-term break for school-goers and Umrah season.

205387_10150982151093489_592783488_10073491_2081846111_n.jpg

Bloggers unite! Sesi kenal-mengenal dan bergambar for the bloggers.

166590_10150982151718489_1574415013_n.jpg

That is one neat looking lanyard there, MH. And the splash of blue on the ticket is certainly a refreshing sight.

560019_10150982151413489_592783488_10073493_2049450346_n.jpg

Off to Satellite Terminal, we go, onboard the KLIA Aerotrain

525125_10150982152143489_675514118_n.jpg

Gate C17.. Gate C17.. Where's gate C17..?

179135_10150982152648489_143090355_n.jpg

Ah, more signage! Thanks, MH. I'm liking this blue already. So pleasing to the eye.

PS. I still miss the red though.. And I'm sure many of us too..

556593_10150982152943489_483560621_n.jpg

That's all for tonight, folks. I will be posting more photos tomorrow, so stay-tuned! :lazy:

She is scheduled to depart from TLS at June 27, arriving at KUL at the same time as the 30 May arrival. Though as always it may change due to unforeseen circumstance (which I hope doesn't happen!)

Suhaimi, thanks for the info. Rumors they will change current seat "super economy" to business class seat after final touching at TLS.

Syed, thanks for sharing with us and nice photos there. Maybe can create one special TR "MH's A380 joyride" under flight logbook thread, easy to post and sharing great moments.

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showforum=13

She is scheduled to depart from TLS at June 27, arriving at KUL at the same time as the 30 May arrival. Though as always it may change due to unforeseen circumstance (which I hope doesn't happen!)

Ok. Thanks.

Also thank you to Syed for TR. You are very lucky!

Yeah, that's confirmed.

Rumors will be paint some red color back on A380, so not looks like previous ribbon livery as advertise :D

Rumors will be paint some red color back on A380, so not looks like previous ribbon livery as advertise :D

That is nice. Blue is fine, but the wau should be back to red and blue.

After looking at the aircraft safety card yesterday, I highly doubt so hehe.. But who knows? :acute:

Yeah, that's confirmed.

So, all upper deck economy class will be replaced by business class?

or just a few row economy class has been changed?

Thank you

Thank you

The seat map for the final config is already out on the website - additional J & around 78 Y seats in 2-4-2 config instead of the main deck's 3-4-3.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/mh-experience/A380_lo.pdf

Thank you

None of the above.

The upper deck of 9M-MNA currently has a mini-cabin of several rows of extra-long pitch of Y seats, located after business class (but before door 2 on the upper deck) but ahead of the upper-deck normal-pitch Y cabin.

This mini-cabin will be removed and in its place will be 2 extra rows of J seats. The upper deck normal-pitch Y cabin between doors 2 and 3 will be virtually untouched.

The seat map for the final config is already out on the website - additional J & around 78 Y seats in 2-4-2 config instead of the main deck's 3-4-3.

http://www.malaysiaa...nce/A380_lo.pdf

70 Y seats on the upper deck is more accurate.

Edited by Mushrif A

None of the above.

The upper deck of 9M-MNA currently has a mini-cabin of several rows of extra-long pitch of Y seats, located after business class (but before door 2 on the upper deck) but ahead of the upper-deck normal-pitch Y cabin.

This mini-cabin will be removed and in its place will be 2 extra rows of J seats. The upper deck normal-pitch Y cabin between doors 2 and 3 will be virtually untouched.

70 Y seats on the upper deck is more accurate.

Thank you for clarifying this. Is upper Y still child free and what does 'premium' mean when reserving seats online? Thank you!

Thank you for clarifying this. Is upper Y still child free and what does 'premium' mean when reserving seats online? Thank you!

Upper deck Y is prob the last place where babies will be assigned to but it is unlikely to be guaranteed to be "baby-free" as there are 3 bassinet locations in that cabin.

Premium just means that MH will charge you extra (e.g. RM150 vs RM50) for selecting an upper deck seat, even if it is not an exit row, unless you pay the higher economy fare buckets.

Hey guys, thanks for the info and pictures. Apart from no special features, MH A380s has a lot of lavatory....and big galley....I think both have co-relation. :)

Josh T,

2nd A380 is scheduled for daily LHR, whereas, 3rd A380 is slotted for SYD but the delivery is delayed by 2 months due to hangar slot constraint to rectify the wing crack

Thanks for clarifying. I'm still disappointed though. It would've been so nice to have the A380 all the way...

Thanks for clarifying. I'm still disappointed though. It would've been so nice to have the A380 all the way...

You can on SQ and QF.

More pictures on Malaysia Airlines's social FB. Our ex PM, Tun Dr M one of 1st class invited passenger :D

http://www.facebook....78134941&type=1

What about MAS adviser? Paklah

Well said Sweekee. So many people so quick to moan about everything. Yes MAS aren't the first to have A380, the livery's not complete and the colour scheme isn't to everyone's taste, but it looks awesome and I'm sure will be a hit regardless. I for one can't wait to board in November!

Hope you will share your experience with us.

You can on SQ and QF.

What about MAS adviser? Paklah

I think he was busy...busy sleeping.

I would be disappointed too if I were you... but at least you still get to experience the A380 on the longer sector of the two.

I also have a few upcoming A380 flights, including CDG-BKK with TG next year. I will keep my fingers X though! :db: