MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Has anyone else noticed the different IFE remote controls in Y - one is black and the other is white ??

They got both AC power plug and USB socket.

Please do the homework before you make the criticism.

Well said Sweekee. So many people so quick to moan about everything. Yes MAS aren't the first to have A380, the livery's not complete and the colour scheme isn't to everyone's taste, but it looks awesome and I'm sure will be a hit regardless. I for one can't wait to board in November!

Any further word on Premium Economy? Everything suggests it was scrapped so why does the seating plan when booking still show it?!

Also there seems to be no restriction on booking kids in upper deck economy... Was that idea scrapped too?

Thanks

I believe the seating plan for online reservations has since been corrected to reflect reality.

I believe the seating plan for online reservations has since been corrected to reflect reality.

Well I checked this morning and Premium was still there, with no restriction on kids! I'm not having a dig at MAS but it's just that I have no idea exactly what I have booked in November - Premium? With/without kids?

Update from http://airlineroute.net/2012/06/05/mh-syd-nov12/ on Sydney timings...

Malaysia Airlines Postpones A380 Service to Sydney till late-Nov 2012

Update at 0430GMT 05JUN12

As per 05JUN12 GDS timetable and inventory display, Malaysia Airlines has postponed planned Airbus A380 service on Kuala Lumpur – Sydney route. The airline is now planning to start A380 service on MH123/122 flight starting 25NOV12 (eff 26NOV12 from SYD), instead of 25SEP12.

From 25SEP12 to 24OV12, MH123/122 continues to be operated by Boeing 747-400. Schedule:

MH141 KUL0900 – 1955SYD 772 D

MH123 KUL2240 – 0935+1SYD 380 D

MH122 SYD1540 – 2050KUL 380 D

MH140 SYD2155 – 0320+1KUL 772 D

Today after landed from KBR, I managed to captured 9M-MNA ready for joyride @ satelit terminal. Plan to wait this bird take off but until 10.30AM still at apron. Due to rushing time back to office, I unable to watch this bird take off for joyride.

IMG_6250_.jpg

IMG_6263_.jpg

Update from http://airlineroute....5/mh-syd-nov12/ on Sydney timings...

Malaysia Airlines Postpones A380 Service to Sydney till late-Nov 2012

Update at 0430GMT 05JUN12

As per 05JUN12 GDS timetable and inventory display, Malaysia Airlines has postponed planned Airbus A380 service on Kuala Lumpur – Sydney route. The airline is now planning to start A380 service on MH123/122 flight starting 25NOV12 (eff 26NOV12 from SYD), instead of 25SEP12.

From 25SEP12 to 24OV12, MH123/122 continues to be operated by Boeing 747-400. Schedule:

MH141 KUL0900 – 1955SYD 772 D

MH123 KUL2240 – 0935+1SYD 380 D

MH122 SYD1540 – 2050KUL 380 D

MH140 SYD2155 – 0320+1KUL 772 D

Nooooo! I am so disappointed. I really wanted to be on their new A380 all the way from SYD to LHR in October. Does anyone know why the A380 flights to SYD have been delayed? Are the 2nd and 3rd A380 deliveries being delayed? They must still be getting the 2nd A380 in July/August, if they're still planning on making the daily KUL-LHR flights by Aug 25.

sweekee and jimboJ - i appreciate your opinions and your comments. we all are entitled to our own opinions without making it personal. as far as I know, this is a free public forum.

you guys may not know me but I have been interested in the aviation sector since the early 1980s. i have and always will be a supporter of MAS. but that does not mean I will accept mediocrity in an airline that has lost its customers to other rivals. i will continue to make constructive criticisms and positive remarks as i see fit.

thank you sweekee and jimboJ again for your contribution.

Interesting - the dugong is being prepared for a joyride and the cargo hold door is opened ?! :D

Did someone have checked-in baggage ? :)

I guess that, being a proving flight, all SOPs must be followed for an aircraft departure. Cargo loading and unloading is normal for any flight. So the ground crew will need to familiarise themselves with this aspect of handling a flght.

The cabin is not quite ready for unveiling as yet. 9M-MNA will be going back to Toulouse on 6 June for the finishing touches.

Departing to Toulouse around midnight as MH5438

When will she come back?

She is scheduled to depart from TLS at June 27, arriving at KUL at the same time as the 30 May arrival. Though as always it may change due to unforeseen circumstance (which I hope doesn't happen!)

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Departing to Toulouse around midnight as MH5438

She's going back to tell her sisters how amazing their new home is :)

Hopefully we get to see the MH A380's in full livery soon, i think we have all been very very patient to see them in their full colours!

Nooooo! I am so disappointed. I really wanted to be on their new A380 all the way from SYD to LHR in October. Does anyone know why the A380 flights to SYD have been delayed? Are the 2nd and 3rd A380 deliveries being delayed? They must still be getting the 2nd A380 in July/August, if they're still planning on making the daily KUL-LHR flights by Aug 25.

Josh T,

2nd A380 is scheduled for daily LHR, whereas, 3rd A380 is slotted for SYD but the delivery is delayed by 2 months due to hangar slot constraint to rectify the wing crack