MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

I read somewhere that MH will receive 2 more this year making it 3 A380's, and the rest to come in 2013. If I find the article I would link it here! But I'm not too sure if this information is right.

Josh T for your sake I do hope that there isn't any delays !

I guess so - the wing crack issue's really putting a damper on the scheduling. Basically it's the same reason why the MNA flew home in a half finished livery.

That is so annoying! I was so excited when I found out that the A380 was coming to SYD from late September, which was just in time for my planned flights in October.

I read somewhere that MH will receive 2 more this year making it 3 A380's, and the rest to come in 2013. If I find the article I would link it here! But I'm not too sure if this information is right.

Josh T for your sake I do hope that there isn't any delays !

So, instead of receiving 5 of the A380s this year, it will only be 3? I'm planning to fly to London in October and I really really wanted to experience the new A380 all the way from SYD to LHR (and back, of course).

The A380 schedule

MH 02 KUL LHR 2340 0550+1

MH 03 LHR KUL 1200 0725+1

Qantas ground both A380 at LHR, SYD and MEL from morning til late afternoon/night.

QF1 SYD/LHR 16:10 06:35

QF2 LHR-SYD 21:30 05:10

QF9 MEL/LHR 15:30 05:40*

QF10 MEL-LHR 22:30 05:45

On SIN/SYD, SQ don’t turn around A380 immediately.

SQ231 SIN/SYD 00:35 10:20 A380

SQ241 SIN/SYD 07:05 16:35 A333

SQ211SIN/SYD 09:25 18:55 773

SQ221 SIN/SYD 20:10 05:55 A380

SQ212 SYD/SIN 08:05 14:25 773

SQ232 SYD/SIN 11:15 17:40 A380

SQ222 SYD/SIN 15:15 21:40 A380

SQ242 SYD/SIN 17:50 00:10 A333

MH seems keen to avoid parking charges than cater for pax preference.

MH seems keen to avoid parking charges than cater for pax preference.

I don't quite get it, I thought these are the schedules for MH2/3 as they currently stand? Does the A380 need longer turnaround than the B744? The ground time is actually a little longer than SQ322/317.

Is it me or does it seem that there are no window seats in First ? The only windows I see are above the foot rest and not beside the passenger

Is it me or does it seem that there are no window seats in First ? The only windows I see are above the foot rest and not beside the passenger

There are window seats in F, but the window is not immediately next to the pax's natural head position when sitting upright. It's just two windows per "window-suite" - though it could have easily been three windows.

SQ also has two windows for all F suites except for two particular ones.

Any further word on Premium Economy? Everything suggests it was scrapped so why does the seating plan when booking still show it?!

Also there seems to be no restriction on booking kids in upper deck economy... Was that idea scrapped too?

Thanks

Saw this picture circulating around Facebook. Credits to whoever took this. I believe this to be the upper deck economy which is being categorized for the child free zone.

600029_10151167443649815_1090110212_n.jpg

Saw this picture circulating around Facebook. Credits to whoever took this. I believe this to be the upper deck economy which is being categorized for the child free zone.

600029_10151167443649815_1090110212_n.jpg

thanks for the pic..very nice looking..the fold down tray can be folded into two..but still no sign of cup holder.

that seems really crap compared to EK. there seems to be a plug point for laptops but no USB socket. plus the seats don't look that comfortable - seems very Air Asia-like. very disappointing.

If MH wants to win back more customers, maybe they should go back to 34 inch pitch for their Y class.

As we have said many times, there is no such thing as a five star value carrier.

If MH wants to win back pax from CX, TG, SQ and EK (perhaps even GA soon), then MH should come up with a product better than them... or at least on par, and definitely not inferior (and a few years late).

SQ already have a new cabin product.

very disappointing, especially if since we can pay GBP 200 less on EK than MH.

Edited by Izanee

Business Class Cabin

556692_10151167480579815_1526509536_n.jpg

First Class Seats..

538083_10151167504214815_1897012411_n.jpg

Looks disappointing to be honest. Am currently waiting for more photos to be shared on Facebook hehe.. :pardon:

Not exactly what I have in mind for the first class.

My back is itchy by just looking at that first class seat... Does gunny sack rings a bell?

On MH website, it says "Upholstered with fabric and leather trimming on headrest and armrest" for Business class. But, the headrest doesn't seem to have any leather at all.

that seems really crap compared to EK. there seems to be a plug point for laptops but no USB socket. plus the seats don't look that comfortable - seems very Air Asia-like. very disappointing.

If MH wants to win back more customers, maybe they should go back to 34 inch pitch for their Y class.

As we have said many times, there is no such thing as a five star value carrier.

If MH wants to win back pax from CX, TG, SQ and EK (perhaps even GA soon), then MH should come up with a product better than them... or at least on par, and definitely not inferior (and a few years late).

very disappointing, especially if since we can pay GBP 200 less on EK than MH.

excuse me but have you really tried on their new Y class seats before making judgement?

If you look carefully beside the IFE control you'll see a small USB slot there.

I tried MH new A330 and I really liked it. Touch screen IFE was really good.

MH new economy is great, premium classes are the ones they have to work hard on.

thanks for the pic..very nice looking..the fold down tray can be folded into two..but still no sign of cup holder.

New A330s also have double folding tray.

Actually, it is the same Weber Slimline seat that EK and SQ installed on their 388 and 77W. So it should be fine i believe :)

Anyway, it's been a few years since Weber came up with this type of Slimline seat. Perhaps MH should have ordered the new Weber Slimline seat, the type that CX just introduced as their new Economy Class back in April with integrated PTV.

Yupp. And they are coming up with new products next year :pardon:

I don't quite get it, I thought these are the schedules for MH2/3 as they currently stand? Does the A380 need longer turnaround than the B744? The ground time is actually a little longer than SQ322/317.

I think the A380's turnaround time is the same as the B744's.

I don't quite get it either - MH's A380s just slot into the same flight schedules as the B744's.

roychin87 - no I haven't tried their new Y seats. However, I have been on their 34 inch pitch Y class 744s quite a few times over the last 15 years. That was MH's selling point for many years (SQ only had 32 inch if i remember correctly).

suhaimi - thanks for your reply but that does mean they do not have an AC socket. EK has both AC point and USB socket on their A380. why not go all the way, if you are really aiming to be premium.

jahur - thank you for the photos, not impressive at all. the first class seats look like SQ J class seats! aiyooo

yusoff - gunny sack indeed. looks like some variation of the kelapa sawit snack box

isaac - thanks for the info. my point exactly, they should have installed the updated interior then - they are always 2 steps behind their main competitors

Edited by Jonathan Kong

suhaimi - thanks for your reply but that does mean they do not have an AC socket. EK has both AC point and USB socket on their A380. why not go all the way, if you are really aiming to be premium.

They got both AC power plug and USB socket.

Please do the homework before you make the criticism.