MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

The cabin is not quite ready for unveiling as yet. 9M-MNA will be going back to Toulouse on 6 June for the finishing touches.

So I guess the cabin crew will need to wait until the interior is done before they can "practice"?

So I guess the cabin crew will need to wait until the interior is done before they can "practice"?

I think cabin crew got more than just the seats to worry about! I would imagine that the galley, IFE, PA system and lavavatory equipment etc. also needs to be looked into!

Congratulations to MH & Airbus ! I hope the A380 will turn MH around, making it a better and stronger airline! Can't wait to see MH back to its former glory!

Secretly I hope MEL gets an A380 service too :)

The new economy class looks really good. Although different IFE than A330, the fabric and colours look similar. Red seats in Y and F make the cabin looks warmer and cosy.

I hope tail cam is Full HD resolution...

I love the tail cam!

Ahhh...I wanted to see close-ups of the First class cabin seats!!!!!!!

On a slightly better note, the much criticized GCC cabin on the A330 seats will be refurbished, full flat seats will be installed I believe. Together with an increased MTOW version and fitting crew bunks, ops into Europe and maybe NZ are being considered.

Its good for them refurbish A330.. but how about their B777 no plan?? Is it possible for their A330 to fly until Europe?

Btw, can we expect for MAS to surprise us with the A350 or B787 order for this coming Paris Air Show?? :D

Its good for them refurbish A330.. but how about their B777 no plan?? Is it possible for their A330 to fly until Europe?

Btw, can we expect for MAS to surprise us with the A350 or B787 order for this coming Paris Air Show?? :D

B773 pls~

The A33Es need to have fully flat beds in business class, especially when they're using these planes for overnight flights between KUL and Australia. The B772s can be refurbished to have flat bed business class seats and have the new economy seats installed. This would be a good investment if they're going to keep using these planes for another 5-6 years, especially when these planes are being used for flights to Europe and USA

Oh no! MAS have just changed the SYD-KUL MH122/123 flights in October back to the B744!! Don't tell me there are going to be further delays in the delivery of the A380s! The A380 is listed for the MH122/123 flights in 2013. I'm going to be travelling in October and I want to be on the new A380s!!!!!

Oh no! MAS have just changed the SYD-KUL MH122/123 flights in October back to the B744!! Don't tell me there are going to be further delays in the delivery of the A380s! The A380 is listed for the MH122/123 flights in 2013. I'm going to be travelling in October and I want to be on the new A380s!!!!!

I guess so - the wing crack issue's really putting a damper on the scheduling. Basically it's the same reason why the MNA flew home in a half finished livery.

I'm surprised Y class has footrest. MH took away footrest from 777 and I don't think new A330 have it either.

I'm surprised Y class has footrest. MH took away footrest from 777 and I don't think new A330 have it either.

I'm not a fan of those footrests. It reduces the legroom for your shins. Not only that, those footrests become loose after a while and they don't stay up, which make it even more likely for your shins to hit them.