MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

I believe KUL-JHB would be cheaper. KCH is "A380 ready" too isn't it?

I can be contracted to extend your pavement to put more vehicles.

Last time I checked SIA did send their A380 to Senai(JHB). JHB runway is 3800m/11,004ft long. So few other airports in Malaysia can be used as well.

LGK (3,810m/12,500ft)

BKI and KCH (3,780m/12,402ft)

(source:wiki).

But I doubt A380 will need that length. So few other airports should be on the list as well, including TGG.

Hi Jon, I shall drop by tomorrow and help you to mow your lawn.

It is time for BBQ party at John's backyard.

I'll get the beef steak...

Fire up them rollers and cook them here:

1020963.jpg

Jonathan, you put the Copenhagen mermaid to shame with your sexy pose ...

KC Sim

John even looks like "overcook" under the hot blistering sun!!!

By the way, Nice Herpa Model John...he he he

I was surprise that she landed on 32Right.

Great for me since i was at the terminal.

This is with the Sepang racing circuit in the background.

30May12_9M-MNA_9018bmw.jpg

Those 2 Jumbos are showing their respect to the newcomer...he he he

30May12_9M-MPL_9037mw.jpg

oohh...by the way, Emirates was in town too..

30May12_A6-EDC_8934mw.jpg

lets talk about livery...

How exciting that the big bird has finally made it to KUL!

Can someone experts show the interior cabin photo?

Thank you

The cabin is not quite ready for unveiling as yet. 9M-MNA will be going back to Toulouse on 6 June for the finishing touches.

Edited by flee

9M-MNA will be going back to Toulouse on 6 June for the finishing touches.

I still don't get the point why must bring her home unfinished for a "full dress rehearsal" then fly her back to TLS for 'finishing touches'.

I still don't get the point why must bring her home unfinished for a "full dress rehearsal" then fly her back to TLS for 'finishing touches'.

I don't think DCA will allow MH to carry passengers if they didn't do the rehearsal/proving flight.

I believe the wing crack issue had some bearing on the matter - in fact if I recalled correctly the plane was scheduled to arrive much earlier than this.

BTW - it was a pleasure to meet flee, KC Sim, KS Ong, mdsaleh & Jon Kong yesterday. Sorry they didn't land on 32L, otherwise you guys would have gotten a ton of good photos!

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

BTW - it was a pleasure to meet flee, KC Sim, KS Ong, mdsaleh & Jon Kong yesterday. Sorry they didn't land on 32L, otherwise you guys would have gotten a ton of good photos!

A huge pity -- I heard 32R from ATC in my house in Setia Alam and updated it on FB. You guys should've brought a scanner along. :)

A huge pity -- I heard 32R from ATC in my house in Setia Alam and updated it on FB. You guys should've brought a scanner along. :)

We did! In fact the pilot did ask for 32L fly past. ATC didn't want to disrupt operations I guess

Well we have to make the best out of the situation and think on our feet. Many thanks to MAS (especially the Social Media team) for making it possible for us to be there in the first place! :)

I think this plane was outfitted with the seats ordered by the old management. It is going back to Toulouse for a slight configuration change that the new management has made. That, and the new livery.

On a positive note, it is good to note that the new management of MAS is able to move faster and push the boundaries a bit more. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing the MAS Airbus A380 move into commercial service on 1 July. :)

While the flight crew may be able to use simulators for training, cabin and tech crew will need to familiarise themselves on how to handle the aircraft in the flesh. Theory is one thing - practice is another! :)

The pilot request 32L 500 feet fly past then climb 2000feet right turn visual towards KL. but out of a sudden they are established on ILS 32R.

I think the ATC wants to get a picture of the a380 as I overheard them communicating among each other with words like , "finally," , "everyone on tower stand by dengan camera" etc.