MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Hmm, I do not recall any airlines that took delivery of their aircraft with unfinished livery.

Looks like the A380 will arrive in KUL in incomplete livery. How dissappointing

A good thing from a spotter's point of view, as this "livery" will not last long and the picture will be rare. Once the final livery is applied and aircraft doing line flying, there will be thousands of photos around.

'Malaysian 5439' is expected into KUL this afternoon.

Malaysia Airlines' First A380 To Land In KLIA On Wednesday Afternoon

TOULOUSE, May 29 (Bernama) -- The world's largest and most eco-efficient aircraft, the Airbus A380, is now in the hands of Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and will touch down on Malaysian soil tomorrow at around 3.00pm.

Edited by MIR

MAS5439 currently over Lebanon cruising FL350

Untitled-7.jpg

Runway 32L is now shorten due to KLIA2 construction. LDA 2800m. There has been tailwinds lately on runway 32, up to 10 knots. Runway 32R landing is a possibility.

Good luck to all the spotters. I'll be out of town for the next few days.... :(

Edited by Radzi

The A380 schedule

MH 02 KUL LHR 2340 0550+1

MH 03 LHR KUL 1200 0725+1

MH 72 KUL HKG 0915 1305

MH 73 HKG KUL 1445 1825

The A380 roster can fits in the flights for KUL-LHR-KUL and KUL-HKG-KUL.

Hong Kong can be another possible MH A380 destination after London, Sydney and Melbourne

Guys currently only LHR is confirm using the A380?

The A380 departed TLS at aound 9pm local time. Other than the pilots and engineers, AJ and Danny will be onboard. Arrival should be around 1530 to 1600 pm in KUL.

One word of advice for those waiting for the "official" unveiling of the interiors, DON'T get your hopes up too high or you might be really dissapointed. You have been warned!

Great advice. I think this is one aircraft where expectations should be low.

Edited by Waiping

To further lower expectations, the first class offering is not even on par with the first class on EK's 777.

On a slightly better note, the much criticized GCC cabin on the A330 seats will be refurbished, full flat seats will be installed I believe. Together with an increased MTOW version and fitting crew bunks, ops into Europe and maybe NZ are being considered.

To further lower expectations, the first class offering is not even on par with the first class on EK's 777.

On a slightly better note, the much criticized GCC cabin on the A330 seats will be refurbished, full flat seats will be installed I believe. Together with an increased MTOW version and fitting crew bunks, ops into Europe and maybe NZ are being considered.

I thought MH new first class has wider seats than SQ's Beyond First and the biggest LCD of all? hmm not much expectation on the offerings and thats where you will meet surprises! Let's see how the final things look like :drinks:

Can A330-300 fly to Europe? Only A330-200 can do longer routes.

it seems like the sun has finally got back to work, on spotter's side....