MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

The A380 schedule

MH 02 KUL LHR 2340 0550+1

MH 03 LHR KUL 1200 0725+1

MH 72 KUL HKG 0915 1305

MH 73 HKG KUL 1445 1825

The A380 roster can fits in the flights for KUL-LHR-KUL and KUL-HKG-KUL.

Hong Kong can be another possible MH A380 destination after London, Sydney and Melbourne

I really don't get it

I, myself had been flying with kul - AMS since 2008 with 747 , the flights were taken full except first class.

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't consider using the bird to do kul - AMS

Sad :(

Anyway, if anyone has 15000 enrich miles to spare kindly let me know. If possible I want to purchase it.

Do check out Raymund's post in the Enrich thread. He is selling 16,000 Enrich miles.

As of last week, the A380 will do daily MEL starting November (morning departure ex KUL). The A330 will then replace the 777 on the SYD route.

Really a fantastic news!

The A380 schedule

MH 02 KUL LHR 2340 0550+1

MH 03 LHR KUL 1200 0725+1

MH 72 KUL HKG 0915 1305

MH 73 HKG KUL 1445 1825

The A380 roster can fits in the flights for KUL-LHR-KUL and KUL-HKG-KUL.

Hong Kong can be another possible MH A380 destination after London, Sydney and Melbourne

I tend to agree. With MH being a risk averse airline with regards to route expansion and fleet changes, I hope some analysis of current supply and demand would result in otherwise. CX is now operating 4 daily flights into KUL, come on.

I really don't get it

I, myself had been flying with kul - AMS since 2008 with 747 , the flights were taken full except first class.

That's the reason. MH A380 will have 8 first class. I would imagine there would be no/lack of first class demand in this route.

I really don't get it

That may come some time in the future. With only 6 aircraft, MH needs to prioritise deployment of the aircraft on routes that has the highest yields first. If these do not work, they may pull the aircraft from them and put it on secondary routes. With MAS' low RASK, even full flights may not have high yields.

I am very curious to how the proposed & confirmed routes are performing for MH, these routes must be the highest performing and most profitable for MH ? I also see that these routes compliment each other very well, MEL & SYD feeds into LHR and vice versa and also have significant yields. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing MH introduce F into MEL, apparently QF & SQ has been doing well F wise with their A380 flights exMEL.

KUL - LHR [x1 Daily 744, x1 Daily 772] -> [x1 Daily A388, x1 Daily 772]

KUL - SYD [x1 Daily 744, x1 Daily 772] -> [x1 Daily A388, x1 Daily A333] ?

KUL - MEL [x2 Daily A333] -> [x1 Daily A388, x1 Daily A333] ?

KUL - LHR [x1 Daily 744, x1 Daily 772] -> [x1 Daily A388, x1 Daily 772]

KUL - SYD [x1 Daily 744, x1 Daily 772] -> [x1 Daily A388, x1 Daily A333] ?

KUL - MEL [x2 Daily A333] -> [x1 Daily A388, x1 Daily A333] ?

KUL-LHR is x2 daily B744

Let's see how fantastic this A388 bird is.

Just redeemed a return flight to LONDON with my enrich miles :)

17th Aug MH002 Kul - London

26th Aug MH003 London - Kul

Malaysia Airlines' first A380 (MSN078, 9M-MNA) was ferried from Hamburg to Toulouse, in preparation for delivery on 9 May 2012. Delivery to MH is scheduled for mid-June.

I'll be in KUL on the 29 early morning en-route to BKK for Mwings anniversary. Any ETA of the Dugong @ WMKK would be great!

First MAS A380 moves to flight line in preparation for delivery

536ad7be3f.jpg

10 MAY 2012 PRESS RELEASE

The first A380 for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) returned to Toulouse on 9th May following completion of interior furnishing and cabin system tests in Hamburg. The aircraft is now stationed at the Airbus flight line for final system checks prior to the start of the customer acceptance process and delivery at the end of the month.

The national airline of Malaysia will become the eighth operator of the A380 and will commence commercial service between Kuala Lumpur and London effective 1 July this year. Altogether, the carrier has ordered six A380s and has specified a premium three-class layout for the aircraft, seating a total of 494 passengers. The MAS A380 fleet will be powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engines.

The aircraft is painted with the base design of Malaysia Airlines’ bright new livery. Additional features of the livery developed specially for the MAS A380 will be applied post-delivery.

http://www.airbus.co...n-for-delivery/

Edited by Zamir

Additional features of the livery developed specially for the MAS A380 will be applied post-delivery.

What does it mean?? Will it be paint in KUL??

Edited by nrazmoor

What does it mean?? Will it be paint in KUL??

No, it means that it will be painted in TLS after ownership transfer to MH.

Actually what I've heard is that the plane will be in KUL from May 30 to June 6 for engineering training & the proving flight - then will fly back to TLS for paint & final fitments. I guess the proving flight can't be delayed much longer without delaying the EIS date.

So the MH A380s will have the MH "special" livery in the fleet now, although many thought that this will become MH's new standard livery.

The oneworld title can be easily incorporated into the MH A380's livery.

So the MH A380s will have the MH "special" livery in the fleet now, although many thought that this will become MH's new standard livery.

The oneworld title can be easily incorporated into the MH A380's livery.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are certain rules governing the usage of the ONEWORLD logo. Currently the word Malaysia Airlines already taken up the space for the logo which is in front of the fuselage and must be bigger and on top of the airlines name.

MSN078 will fly back to Malaysia on 29 May and back to Toulouse on 6 June. can anyone confirm?

Edited by michgyver

I want pictures of the first class cabin!

The A380 will be in KUL on 3rd and 4th of June, for ground simulation training, which is testing / training the staff for boarding and disembarking a full load of A380. MH were looking for staff volunteers for the program.

Also....

Malaysia Airlines Rewards Top Spenders with A380 Joyride

They had never participated in any contest and never won anything in their lives. So it was a good omen for Executive Secretary Susana Ong, Company Director Ivy Yap and full time housewife, Kristin Koh when they were announced as winners for a joyride on the first Malaysia Airlines’ A380 aircraft after purchasing tickets for their air travel.

Malaysia Airlines ran a consumer contest from 16 – 20 March 2012 during the MATTA travel fair to create awareness among Malaysians about its latest flagship carrier, the gigantic A380. The mechanics were simple. The top three highest spenders through any of the Malaysia Airlines’ distribution channels (online, Call Centre, and ticket offices), will get the chance of a lifetime to experience Malaysia Airlines’ new A380 on a joyride flight cruising around the skies of Kuala Lumpur on 5 June 2012. Not only that, they also get the opportunity to share the joyous occasion with their partners.

The joyride is one of the many activities to showcase our first A380 which offers a new level of comfort for passengers flying with us.

Malaysia Airlines’ commercial service commences on 1 July 2012 with three weekly flights on the Kuala Lumpur – London return route. The Malaysia Airlines A380’s exterior will showcase a new blue livery that retains the national airline’s rich ‘wau’ heritage. It will have 494 seats in a three-class configuration comprising 8 First Class, 66 Business Class seats and 420 Economy Class seats.

Edited by Radzi