MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

correct me if im wrong... but i think it is a doable to combine KUL-AMS with KUL-MEL(another potential route) on alternate basis... and maybe thy can slot in Hong Kong or Shanghai/Beijing in between to optimize the A380 usage. Not sure about KUL-LAX... tho im also hoping they fly the superjumbo to that route.

Can't wait to try it!

Anyway, if anyone has 15000 enrich miles to spare kindly let me know. If possible I want to purchase it.

Need your help to redeem a golden lounge voucher for me.

Thanks!

Edited by godzidane1

As of last week, the A380 will do daily MEL starting November (morning departure ex KUL). The A330 will then replace the 777 on the SYD route.

to achieve higher aircraft utilization rate, i suppose the 2 A380 aircrafts assigned for MH 02 and MH 03 KUL-LHR-KUL and be also assigned to MH 72 and MH 73 KUL-HKG-KUL ?

As of last week, the A380 will do daily MEL starting November (morning departure ex KUL). The A330 will then replace the 777 on the SYD route.

Where did you hear/read this? That's great news! This will mean that all services to Australia will be using new aircraft. SYD and MEL will be getting the A380 and A33E and BNE, ADL and PER will have the A33E. Most complaints about MH on Skytrax is about old aircraft.

Where did you hear/read this? That's great news! This will mean that all services to Australia will be using new aircraft. SYD and MEL will be getting the A380 and A33E and BNE, ADL and PER will have the A33E. Most complaints about MH on Skytrax is about old aircraft.

Insider info. However with how things keep changing better not bet your house on it.

to achieve higher aircraft utilization rate, i suppose the 2 A380 aircrafts assigned for MH 02 and MH 03 KUL-LHR-KUL and be also assigned to MH 72 and MH 73 KUL-HKG-KUL ?

Now that should be something to look out for?

So thats mean they will not do double daily to SYD with A380? If so, its a good move i think.., not sure how they can fill it up if they do 2x daily with A380.

This will bring tears to my eyes if it is true! :lol:

I emailed MH myself inquiring about the A380 flights, and got a response

The 'jellyfish' colour on A380 tail is different from other MAS fleet :pardon:

LOL! Good one.

I have a look again on MH A380 seat map layout: http://www.malaysiaa...nce/A380_lo.pdf

First reaction again was a Yawn!!.......their configuration is really standard.....no "oomph" factor at all...this is my honest opinion.

Can anyone tell me what is their selling point for A380?

No babies in first class and no babies/children in the upper deck of economy class. That's the selling point of their A380. :ninja:

I agree that there's no wow factor on the MH A380. SQ has the suites, EK have the showers, KE have the duty free shop, QF have the bar/lounge. Mind you, the A380s of CZ, AF and LH are pretty standard.

The A380 schedule

MH 02 KUL LHR 2340 0550+1

MH 03 LHR KUL 1200 0725+1

MH 72 KUL HKG 0915 1305

MH 73 HKG KUL 1445 1825

The A380 roster can fits in the flights for KUL-LHR-KUL and KUL-HKG-KUL.

Hong Kong can be another possible MH A380 destination after London, Sydney and Melbourne

The A380 schedule

MH 02 KUL LHR 2340 0550+1

MH 03 LHR KUL 1200 0725+1

MH 72 KUL HKG 0915 1305

MH 73 HKG KUL 1445 1825

The A380 roster can fits in the flights for KUL-LHR-KUL and KUL-HKG-KUL.

Hong Kong can be another possible MH A380 destination after London, Sydney and Melbourne

The question is whether MH can get enough passengers to fill an A380 to HKG.

Now with the share swap over, I hope they will seriously consider putting premium economy back to their future A380s.

I think it's too late to put premium economy into the A380 now...

I think it's too late to put premium economy into the A380 now...

But why when I do a dummy booking in November is the upper deck economy and front of lower economy shown as Premium? I was allocated upper deck economy seats by chance when I booked months ago so not sure what to expect?!

The first two A380s are rolling out pretty soon, but they can add premium economy to the rest. But of course, it's matter of spending more money.

If I recall correctly, the first four A380s are already in Hamburg for interior fitting. The first one is already complete and have already made test flights with the interior. The second one should be complete anytime now.

Did anyone see the 'There's nothing like Australia' advertisement in Star newspaper today? Is that the economy cabin of the A380, A330 or a refurbishment of the 772? The seats are the new weber type and PTV on each seat looks dark grey and rectangular

Did anyone see the 'There's nothing like Australia' advertisement in Star newspaper today? Is that the economy cabin of the A380, A330 or a refurbishment of the 772? The seats are the new weber type and PTV on each seat looks dark grey and rectangular

Something like this? That'd be new A330s.

2056767.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malaysia-Airlines/Airbus-A330-323X/2056767/L/