MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

THEREFORE MH will be the only carrier with more than one livery ! Well done! reflects the difficulty in deciding a simple thing. What's next, why not multi crew uniforms by sector and aircraft type?

Thai Airways have multicoloured uniforms but still operating steadily.

What Ruiz meant was multiple different type of uniforms for different type of aircraft - kebaya uniform for international routes operate by A380, baju kurung Johor uniform for domestic routes within Peninsular Malaysia operate by the new B738, baju kurung Kedah uniform for domestic routes to Borneo operate by the old B734, cheongsam uniform for ASEAN routes operate by the new A333, sari uniform for curry routes operate by B772 et. al. and the likes - not multicoloured uniforms like TG, as a reflection of how inconsistent and not strategic planning MH's corporate branding is at the moment.

Don't leave out the 1 Malaysia logo

Then you also should have the OW logo

Might as well include the partner airlines too, namely Air Asia and Air Asia X

(won't leave much space for text in said letter though) :D

What Ruiz meant was multiple different type of uniforms for different type of aircraft - kebaya uniform for international routes operate by A380, baju kurung Johor uniform for domestic routes within Peninsular Malaysia operate by the new B738, baju kurung Kedah uniform for domestic routes to Borneo operate by the old B734, cheongsam uniform for ASEAN routes operate by the new A333, sari uniform for curry routes operate by B772 et. al. and the likes - not multicoloured uniforms like TG, as a reflection of how inconsistent and not strategic planning MH's corporate branding is at the moment.

i do remember what BA did to their curry routes, their FSS wearing sari. :)

Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

What you mean two corporate logos? From what I'm seeing there's only one logo - the new one.

You still can find MH old logo here http://www.malaysiaa...exi-return.html

and few other places, especially downloadable pdf's. Eventually they will replace old logo with the new one. But that doesn't help much if their aircraft are still painted in the old livery.

Edited by Johan Z

You still can find MH old logo here http://www.malaysiaa...exi-return.html

and few other places, especially downloadable pdf's. Eventually they will replace old logo with the new one. But that doesn't help much if their aircraft are still painted in the old livery.

Well the team's in the midst of changing it - it's not as easy as it may sound.

Well the team's in the midst of changing it - it's not as easy as it may sound.

MH should just stick with the current logo, I think the current one is beautiful, evergreen and doesn't look outdated to me. The new logo and colour is ugly and pale. Yeah, not as easy as it may sound, I also want to add that it may cost money and time to change to new logo!

understood but these are all trivial matters...the more important matter is how the company is being managed..im sure the reason for these inconsistencies are not attributed solely to their corporate comm people.....

I do not think anything with regards to branding of a 'premium' airline is trivial. MH is after all not a kedai runcit business. How to create a solid brand if something as trivial and pityful as a corporate logo or a typeface is drawing confusion since there are multiple logos and typefaces running at the same time?

Alas, we have been told by a MH staff here that they need a permission from the Prime Minister to even change the 'malaysiaairlines' type face at the aircraft's body across the fleet (from the old older one to the old swosh livery).

As of how well the company is being managed, I guess we should just wait for the 1Q2012 results to be announced in later this month the soonest. MH is after all will not be making any profits until next year as they budgeted themselves.

I do not think anything with regards to branding of a 'premium' airline is trivial. MH is after all not a kedai runcit business. How to create a solid brand if something as trivial and pityful as a corporate logo or a typeface is drawing confusion since there are multiple logos and typefaces running at the same time?

I couldn't agree more with your statement! Have you seen this website http://www.timetableimages.com/? Try search Malaysia-Singapore Airlines and both of its offsprings (MAS and SIA) in this website. And notice that over the years, the differences in timetable covers of each airline can be seen in areas of branding consistency!

MH should just stick with the current logo, I think the current one is beautiful, evergreen and doesn't look outdated to me. The new logo and colour is ugly and pale. Yeah, not as easy as it may sound, I also want to add that it may cost money and time to change to new logo!

Red and blue was introduced by Mr 019 and the grand oldman, may be the new management and PM RM wanted to break from the past.

Red and blue was introduced by Mr 019 and the grand oldman, may be the new management and PM RM wanted to break from the past.

CORRECTION red & blue was introduced in 1987 , just b4 the massive series of orders for F50s,734s/735s,733Fs,330s and 744s ....during Tan Sri Aziz not Mr 019.

I hope it looks nice when the real thing is revealed.

I really really hope they have planned for an upgrade/refurbishment of the B777-200 (including re-painting in the new livery) within the next 12-18 months. The business class product on this plane is now sub-par.

I sent a query to MAS re logo alignment and here's their response:

Dear Eugene,

The tailfin logo on the A380 aircraft is painted according to engineering technical drawing with actual aircraft specifications, whereas, rendering is based on artist impression drawing. Hence, minor discrepancy on dimensions / angle is common.

Hope that clarifies and we look forward to your boarding on one of our A380s in time to come.

With regards

for Malaysia Airlines

Margaret Baptist

Email: customer@malaysiaairlines.com

Guest Michael

I hope this bird is going to look really magnificent in the sky when it starts flying.

hi i am a newbie, just registered as a member.

i was quite upset that they were eventually scrapped off the KUL - AMS (by using A380), i always fly to AMS

It would be great if they could deploy the jumbo on this route, direct competition with SIA! Yet still, SIA is offering daily services while MH is offering 4 times weekly!

to be honest, i really dont get it, i am frequent flyer of MAS, i did fly early this year with MAS during chinese new year, that time they offered 3 times weekly KUL to LAX (via TAIPEI), Mon, Wed, Sat.

I was in Business Class B777-200 (yes, although the business class pitch is much longer than B747-400), but i always prefer B747-400 for a longer haul. Aslo for 777-200 window seat for business class does not come with side compartment, unlike 747-400

So for the remaining birds (A380) , they wont consider placing those birds on KUL - AMS or KUL - LAX?

: (

Edited by MASsupporter