MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

having learned from the present swoosh livery, MH decided not to complete the livery until it arrives KLIA... so we will only be watching the final thing on coming months...

Have always thought the A380 as an ugly bird (whale jet). Yet these 2 pics are starting to sway my opinion: 1st displays a very determined nose, while the 2nd has an exceptionally elegant (mathematical) sweep and those engines !! . Definitely looking forward to riding her in August ... ugly livery or not !

images-i1903bnwl67.jpg

images-i1900bdwonu.jpg

Edited by Timothy

guys.. I've been thinking.. it seems that MH is changing their corporate branding? Because the new livery for A380 as we see in this thread, is all blue.. no red at all.. and I've been receiving their newsletters in my email inbox and the logos also do not have any red colours anymore.. IMHO, I think the reason is probably because color RED seems to be the current situation they are in (loss making instead of profit making).. and maybe they are superstitious or just want people not to associate MH with RED (the color of negative income?) and thus the new logo of blue only?

.. it seems that MH is changing their corporate branding? Because the new livery for A380 as we see in this thread, is all blue.. no red at all..

Captain Radzi did put it rather eloquently I think :D

Most want to siphon-off profit, but some want to kill off the company. In one instance the red blood have been sucked off, leaving a deathly pale blue.....

I strongly agreed with you. Even for 777 also is now blue .. red = lost ... Hope MAS coming as future best airlines ..

guys.. I've been thinking.. it seems that MH is changing their corporate branding? Because the new livery for A380 as we see in this thread, is all blue.. no red at all.. and I've been receiving their newsletters in my email inbox and the logos also do not have any red colours anymore.. IMHO, I think the reason is probably because color RED seems to be the current situation they are in (loss making instead of profit making).. and maybe they are superstitious or just want people not to associate MH with RED (the color of negative income?) and thus the new logo of blue only?

RUBBISH ! MH logo was red from day 1 till 1987 n was profitable every year then except in 1982 ( about that time). it all balls down to the need for forward thinking leaders with no interest in making money today n don't care what its consequences in the future.

(going OT here)

Wonder if Landor uses a different name in chinese (mandarin) speaking territories :)

You wanna engage a design team that proclaims itself as lacking in effort ?! :D

(going OT here)

Wonder if Landor uses a different name in chinese (mandarin) speaking territories :)

You wanna engage a design team that proclaims itself as lacking in effort ?! :D

Landor= lan duo= lazy in Mandarin.

So this special livery only applies to A380. What happened to rebranding?

Apparently true at this point of time, the A380 is considered a different league of aircraft for MH. Current newly- delivered A330s and B737 will retain the swoosh livery. Older aircraft with cheatlines will be retired gradually, except B777. This leaves us which livery will be done on B777s.

Apparently true at this point of time, the A380 is considered a different league of aircraft for MH. Current newly- delivered A330s and B737 will retain the swoosh livery. Older aircraft with cheatlines will be retired gradually, except B777. This leaves us which livery will be done on B777s.

THEREFORE MH will be the only carrier with more than one livery ! Well done! reflects the difficulty in deciding a simple thing. What's next, why not multi crew uniforms by sector and aircraft type?

THEREFORE MH will be the only carrier with more than one livery ! Well done! reflects the difficulty in deciding a simple thing. What's next, why not multi crew uniforms by sector and aircraft type?

Thai Airways have multicoloured uniforms but still operating steadily......

Since The B777 will be retained for long-haul routes, the livery should be repainted the same as the A380 and they can completely refurbish the planes with the same seats that's also on the A380. This will provide product consistency on the long-haul routes.

IIRC,United Airlines still keep flying their fleets with old liveries, beside the current CO livery with UA title :)

Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

Imagine one of these days when you open up an official letter from the Malaysia Airlines Group and the header will have all these 4 "logos/symbol/color" or whatever you call it, and on top of that you also have Fireflyz and Maswings. Cool! :D

Imagine one of these days when you open up an official letter from the Malaysia Airlines Group and the header will have all these 4 "logos/symbol/color" or whatever you call it, and on top of that you also have Fireflyz and Maswings. Cool! :D

That is not 1-Malaysia :finger: