MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Wow, guess it's not too popular from outside appearance, but hopefully inside will be good.

I'm not flying it till August 14th - so if anyone is doing it earlier, please take lots of pics :)

A bit weird, why on A380 tail a wau logo painted as different angle (I mean wau logo direction) compared on new wau logo at MH's website? Looks like wau logo as 1st picture still using old logo direction (red blue color), suppose painting new wau logo direction as 2nd picture (graphic illustrator edited ).

MH_A380.jpg

If you look from the other side, I will look like the logo.

I think what he means is that the wau is straight on the tail while on the logo it is slightly angled, as well as the initial orientation. Also the wau seems a little high on the tail compared to the renders

A bit weird, why on A380 tail a wau logo painted as different angle (I mean wau logo direction) compared on new wau logo at MH's website? Looks like wau logo as 1st picture still using old logo direction (red blue color), suppose painting new wau logo direction as 2nd picture (graphic illustrator edited ).

It's probably the same reason why the Malaysian flag is backwards on the right side of all Malaysian reg planes.

Aiyo, who cares lah which way the wau is painted. The product inside has to have the WOW factor, especially since we are the eighth airline to fly the A380. It's not a novelty anymore.. It's a routine sight everywhere.

Also, in terms of flip flipping and inconsistencies .. In the corporate world, they do 'brainstorming' to come out with new ideas and decide what is the best way forward. In MAS, they test everything out in real life and THEN brainstorm!!

That is what I call WOW!

At least we don't have a burung or kambing on our tail!!

Aiyo, who cares lah which way the wau is painted. The product inside has to have the WOW factor, especially since we are the eighth airline to fly the A380. It's not a novelty anymore.. It's a routine sight everywhere.

Also, in terms of flip flipping and inconsistencies .. In the corporate world, they do 'brainstorming' to come out with new ideas and decide what is the best way forward. In MAS, they test everything out in real life and THEN brainstorm!!

That is what I call WOW!

At least we don't have a burung or kambing on our tail!!

Somehow the "burung" n "kambing" have done much better thn MH

In MAS, they test everything out in real life and THEN brainstorm!!

That is what I call WOW!

That way they cannot be accused of not valueing customer feedback :p

If you look from the other side, I will look like the logo.

Err, no .... logo will still look wrong from other side

Only way as of now is either the plane fly upside down (not sensible nor safe) or people crane their neck (not too comfortable)

It is of course possible to repaint logo on the tail (can they be bothered to ?) or just ignore the details and hope people out in the street don't notice nor give the slightest bother even if noticed :D

(don't know you personally but I find it hard to imagine anyone looking like a kite) :p

sorry, could not resist :pardon:

Edited by BC Tam

Agreed.. when something is no good, no matter how you wrap it up, it is still no good. But to come out with a new design that was supposed to have wow factor but turned out to be a flop (in my opinion), that's a real joke. And waste of money and manpower. Arrgh!

...the plane fly upside down (not sensible nor safe) ...

I find it amusing that you still need to clarify in parenthesis the effects or sensibility of flying inverted.

(don't know you personally but I find it hard to imagine anyone looking like a kite)

If you could equate the tail-ends of the wau to represent the limbs, and the middle bit to be...er, another part of the anatomy, presto - you have a headless male person.

Edited by Mushrif A

If you could equate the tail-ends of the wau to represent the limbs, and the middle bit to be...er, another part of the anatomy, presto - you have a headless male person.

If true to scale, mighty impressive appendage :p

Nice pics. I still think the wau sits too high on the tail, which makes it look a bit weird.

So sad to see such paint job on an equipment that we have been waiting to adore. When they add that 'puma' line later, i shall become more sad. :sorry:

Hi all. I'm flying LHR-KUL on the A380 in November and when I booked luckily seem to have been allocated seats in the new quiet/child free upper deck economy zone!

I've looked on the website again today doing a dummy booking and upstairs Y and downstairs at the front of Y are now showing as 'premium' seats, which are charged an extra fee!

What's the story here? Was I just lucky as I booked early before the child free zone was announced?!

Thanks!