MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Btw, if you look carefully - despite all the talk about MH restricting young children from the upper deck - the only bassinet positions are on the upper deck, and that too at each pair of biz seats! Must be an "opps!" moment.

There are bassinets in Business on all fleets - but I don't see bassinets on upper deck Y.

The seat colours are awful

I agree. The fabric colours (or is it leather?) doesn't not even match with the overall terminal ambience. Now, it looks more like lollipop!

3) Disabled toilet on the upper deck ??

Surely disabled pax also fly business. Besides, if where they operate to uses the 3 aerobridges, it's not an issue at all.

There are bassinets in Business on all fleets - but I don't see bassinets on upper deck Y.

You're missing the point - can you tell me where are the bassinets in Y on main deck? None. However, every pair of business class seats has a bassinet position.

Surely disabled pax also fly business. Besides, if where they operate to uses the 3 aerobridges, it's not an issue at all.

There's also one downstairs if one bothers to also look carefully.

I guess you didn't read the news properly. No kid ban is only for upper deck Y, not the whole upper cabin.

I did, but you're missing the point and the irony of the whole thing.

Comparison number of toilets between A380 MH and A380 SQ

1st Class/Suites toilets : MH 3 SQ 2

Business Class : MH 4 SQ 4

Economy lower deck : MH 8 SQ 7

Economy upper deck : MH 3 SQ 2

From MH's website, it seems no mistake as to the "new" blue Wau's high position on the tail, with no additional paintwork :nea:

Interestingly, 1st Class gets 3 toilets to 8 seats while 66 Business class folk will have to share 4 toilets ?

Some disappointment from my side:

1) No suites

2) Seat features behind competition despite late start

3) Disabled toilet on the upper deck ??

4) Lack luster new livery

5) No "A380 only" menu

Nevertheless, will be traveling in C this June LHR-KUL as a graduation treat and will preserve some hope till then.

F actually gets 2 toilets. The one by the cockpit is usually for the crew. 59H gets a disabled friendly toilet as a neighbour, with collapseable/ foldable doors. As for menus, those in C, I understand, will get to enjoy the book-the-chef facility.

And as for you preserving some hope...sorry to add to your list of disappointments, but the 380 will only start to fly out of LHR on 2July. Maybe you can hang around until July before flyting to KUL?

I agree. The fabric colours (or is it leather?) doesn't not even match with the overall terminal ambience. Now, it looks more like lollipop!

If MH is rebranding their long haul ops with new colours (the dark blue)...in my opinion the waiting lounge dedicated for A380 ops should be also designed with a similar ambience...meaning the seats should be dark blue or a mixture of dark blue + red (the same colors we have now in the A330)

If MH is rebranding their long haul ops with new colours (the dark blue)...in my opinion the waiting lounge dedicated for A380 ops should be also designed with a similar ambience...meaning the seats should be dark blue or a mixture of dark blue + red (the same colors we have now in the A330)

However, that waiting lounge is not dedicated to MH A380 ops, and MAS is not MAHB.

You're missing the point - can you tell me where are the bassinets in Y on main deck? None. However, every pair of business class seats has a bassinet position.

In between Row 45 & Row 46 on the bulkhead, between Row 60 & 61 and between Row 74 & 75. And for Business Class - only the bulkhead in front Row 6 & Row 9 has a bassinet.

In between Row 45 & Row 46 on the bulkhead, between Row 60 & 61 and between Row 74 & 75. And for Business Class - only the bulkhead in front Row 6 & Row 9 has a bassinet.

That's what you say. But that's not what MH is telling the world via its A380 seatmap.

I bet you someone is having a laugh at MH's expense....imagine...33 wailing babies in "exclusive" confines of business class on the upper deck whilst it's all quiet & serene in main deck Y.

Typical MH...never pay attention to details.

unfortunately the decision on the finish product on the upper holding gate was made by MAB way back in mid 2007. I dont think there was any coordination between them, judging on the ugly colour of the sofas. :bad:

i dont think that MH ever declare that the whole their upper deck for a380 as a child free zone.., they just say no child below 12 will be on Y upper deck... and apart from the first class MH never said that they will ban child in their business class. So there are tons of version for this story which lead to many peeps outhere saying there are loopholes and etc. Its us in the first place making lots of speculation and such :D

The seat colours are awful

Langgar! I've never seen such horrible blue color on sofa. Got it at massively discounted rate? Likely the opposite

At least IKEA's blue is of a darker shade.

At least IKEA's blue is of a darker shade.

Perhaps the blue has faded over time and over exposure ? :D

i dont think that MH ever declare that the whole their upper deck for a380 as a child free zone..,

Did anyone ever say that ? Care to furnish a reference ? :)

..... they just say no child below 12 will be on Y upper deck...

similarly, who said that ? :)

Yikes! Those seats/sofas are really awful. It doesn't match anything...not even the carpet!!

Perhaps the blue has faded over time and over exposure ? :D

Probably "over time" due to lack of use...since Day 1.

Note the PR spin as if those "enhancements" were just completed in time for MH's A380s. Can we have real PR stuff on real WOW stuff? To those in the know, it is very ho-hum stuff, not unlike one-liners like "the first operator to launch a new livery on the A380"....I can think of a few firsts as well for PR fodder...

MH is the first A380 operator to:

- have an image of a Wau on the vertical tail;

- to have the Malaysian flag painted on the fuselage;

- to serve teh-tarik onboard;

- have announcements onboard in Bahasa Malaysia; (maybe EK beat MH on this one?)

- have signs and labels throughout the cabin in English and Bahasa Malaysia;

- to have at least a handful of cabin crew able to converse fluently in Bahasa Malaysia;

- be based at KUL;

- to have more than one A380 on the ground at KUL at any one time;

- to operate non-stop between KUL and LHR;

- to operate non-stop between KUL and SYD;

- to operate between KUL and LHR without a stop in DXB;

- to serve satay onboard that was cooked and prepared at KUL; (maybe EK already beat MH to that?)

Anybody else with more creative "firsts" to add to the list?

Edited by Mushrif A

Did anyone ever say that ? Care to furnish a reference ? :)

similarly, who said that ? :)

Im not saying a particular person.. but i made that statement based from the my perception from the post i read here and the other thread in this forum.

On the second one, u can refer the other thread MH create no child zone...

Probably "over time" due to lack of use...since Day 1.

Note the PR spin as if those "enhancements" were just completed in time for MH's A380s. Can we have real PR stuff on real WOW stuff? To those in the know, it is very ho-hum stuff, not unlike one-liners like "the first operator to launch a new livery on the A380"....I can think of a few firsts as well for PR fodder...

MH is the first A380 operator to:

Anybody else with more creative "firsts" to add to the list?

Hahas!! You are very creative....should work for MH....lolx!!

Joke aside, MH appears to be the airline with most inconsistent branding! The wau points from left to right for one moment, then right to left in another. malaysiaairlines can be one-line logo, or stack against one another?? which is which?..

Soon, we will have three different liveries flying around for our national airlines......Talk about being confused much! B777 maybe repainted. Not older , A332 and A333, B734 and B744. I also don't forsee they will repaint B738, either leased or owned, anytime soon.

Oppss .. I did not see the disabled friendly toilet at 59H as pointed out by Mushrif. I was under the impression there was only 1 disabled toilet, which was located on the upper deck

F actually gets 2 toilets. The one by the cockpit is usually for the crew. 59H gets a disabled friendly toilet as a neighbour, with collapseable/ foldable doors. As for menus, those in C, I understand, will get to enjoy the book-the-chef facility.

And as for you preserving some hope...sorry to add to your list of disappointments, but the 380 will only start to fly out of LHR on 2July. Maybe you can hang around until July before flyting to KUL?

Another mistake by me, will be flying in July :p Just hope no equipment change since I've already switched my tickets once due to MH flip flopping on dates the A380 will fly on LHR-KUL.

Hahas!! You are very creative....should work for MH....lolx!!

Joke aside, MH appears to be the airline with most inconsistent branding! The wau points from left to right for one moment, then right to left in another. malaysiaairlines can be one-line logo, or stack against one another?? which is which?..

Soon, we will have three different liveries flying around for our national airlines......Talk about being confused much! B777 maybe repainted. Not older , A332 and A333, B734 and B744. I also don't forsee they will repaint B738, either leased or owned, anytime soon.

I wonder how they will paint their check in desks, especially at Kuching and Kota Kinabalu since they serve both domestic and international.

looks better live.. but still too funereal and depressing without the red.. please whoever who stole the red, give it back!