MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

I suspect that one of the A380s will feature the OneWorld livery - so there will be even more varieties... :)

Went to MATTA Fair last week and able to chit chat with MH's staff at MH's booth. According to him, maybe new MH logo (all blue) just applied for our new A380 and others remain old logo red/blue but it depends on top management final decision. One thing, I heard MH's premium regional is magenta color?

Went to MATTA Fair last week and able to chit chat with MH's staff at MH's booth. According to him, maybe new MH logo (all blue) just applied for our new A380 and others remain old logo red/blue but it depends on top management final decision. One thing, I heard MH's premium regional is magenta color?

magenta?remind me of CSA kebaya!haha :lol:

Things aren't always what the appear to be - why not reserve judgement until the proper specs come out.

Not for MH...they are consistently underperformers. More than just an Airline Code, MH also stands for Musnah Harapan.

Just look at the business class...in this day & age, if you still need to climb over somebody just to get to the aisle from your window seat, that is soooo yesterday.

MH also stands for Musnah Harapan.

MH MH MH MH.... chant it repetitively, you will start to believe it stands for Malaysian Hospitality.

Edited by V Wong

What??!!@#$%. First class is like a big "kotak kasut". The frame looks cheap. Musnah musnah harapan ku.

I think if our die hard members here were to be given the opportunity to propose a first class product for MH A380, i am confident they could have done wonders.

Sloppy job! Total zero clue of the surroundings.

http://2.bp.blogspot...new+F+class.jpg

No wow factor...just some run-of-the-mill red coloured seats in a cubicle...(so that's where the red colour on the outside dissappeared to.)

Quite disappointing for me as well. I think the overall look of the cabin will be so much more enhanced if the bright red colour of the inner wall of the suite is replaced with some darker shades classier colour. When I first saw it, I thought it looks like Kingfisher's First Class cabin.

According to him, maybe new MH logo (all blue) just applied for our new A380 and others remain old logo red/blue but it depends on top management final decision.

When you have the new logo being put permanently on your website, it is absurd to even question that the top management's decision is not final yet. But there's a lot of flip flopping in Malaysia so, whatever...

Just look at the business class...in this day & age, if you still need to climb over somebody just to get to the aisle from your window seat, that is soooo yesterday.

Agreed. Everyone at SQ Talk is bitching about MH's new J on the A380 being configured 2-2-2 (which is so lame by today's standard) whilst if MH wants to be among the front runner of the pack MH should have given it a 1-2-1 treatment instead like SQ and TG. It raises concerning question on who did the research and advises MH of the new products. This person is either so old (hence technophobia, I-know-it-all mentality) or so disconnected to the outside world that he/she is unaware of the competitors' more advanced offerings.

This is what happened if a new product introduction is done on syok sendiri basis. We have mentioned here countless of time that MH should involve its 3 million Enrich members with important issues of this nature but MH as always never listen.

I did recall sometime back that MH were boasting about their new first class on the A388 and how it was a "suite, beyond first". As usual, MH, always the lesser of SQ. In fact, the new MH F looks like the long-haul SQ J.

I did recall sometime back that MH were boasting about their new first class on the A388 and how it was a "suite, beyond first". As usual, MH, always the lesser of SQ.

That is what the management do all the time. Just less than 2 years ago, they said they were going to buy an airline. What's new ?

In fact, the new MH F looks like the long-haul SQ J.

Ermm... seriously ? The new F actually looks a lot like KE F on their 388 :rolleyes:

It raises concerning question on who did the research and advises MH of the new products. This person is either so old (hence technophobia, I-know-it-all mentality) or so disconnected to the outside world that he/she is unaware of the competitors' more advanced offerings.

Perhaps a fat guy wearing cap and his associates?

Don't have any supporting evidence except they vowed to review the seats when they came in. Maybe also removed the premium economy seats along the way.

Maybe this is a new class of it's own - Economy First.

i know I will probably not be able to sample any F class... but oh, what a lame excuse of an F class in these modern times, if the pictures are for real. Again, the decision makers must have their compelling reasons, of which we are not privy to. No?

Disappointing. The new F and J on the A380 will be outdated right from the start. The management thinks this is "best in class"??? This shows they have no idea!

Anyway, I may be sampling F on the A380 in October, so I may be able to provide some pics and a little trip report.

Edited by Josh T

I suspect a lot of the decisions will have been made by the old management, since there is a lead time to manufacture everything. So we will have to see if the new management makes any changes post delivery.

I'm sorry but all the hype sounds like a lot of hot air to me

I hope the new management realise what s#1t they are getting themselves into

why dont we ask a question whether MH has an afford to design their first class like you guys imagination?

My sentiments too

I would like to believe 'best case scenario' where a committee analysed market feedback and projections, then decided that this is the most opulent option that the targetted market segment is willing to pay for. I suppose same goes for J and Y too

(I'm saying this is what I would like to believe, not necessarily what I believe happened :D)

If the big wigs had somehow misled us with stars and moon grade promises, then it is their job anyway to hype up anything and everything a few notches up from reality

Sobering two sen worth : )

Edited by BC Tam

MH+new+F+class.jpg

I noticed these seats have the "Red Blue" tone. Perhaps an older picture ? Blanket seems wayyyyy too plain as well, even less pattern than the purple ones in economy now.

The new F and C products would generally give you an idea the knowledge that senior/top management have on competitors.

Try show them a picture of a competitor's seat. I bet they wont be able to tell you the airline.

Looks as though there may have been a last minute change in the plans/configuration - as why bother blocking out so many windows in F when the seats installed don't actually need to have any blocked - see KE's First (no blocked windows) as someone above has pointed out has a similar seat - although KE F does have electrically adjusted privacy walls whilst MH's F don't seem to have this function from the pictures above..

Comparing with TG's F seat - they both look the same but TG has placed the F cabin upstairs - again - so no blocked windows necessary. I would NOT be paying for any F seat on MH's A380s so i can't look out of a window - sheesh..

Usual utter rubbish so typical of MAS these days... 'Mana Ada Sistem' most definitely 'Musnah Harapan' as you may say.

The only bonus for MH joining Oneworld is that Malaysians can now migrate their business over to other Oneworld carriers - and i'll certainly be one of them! Then again - why bank any mileage more mileage with MH - will just bank into CX or even QF.

Edited by Dr Frasier

Does seat 32K have a window?

Very unlikely.

Try 33A (first wdw seat on port side - there's no 32AC) but you wont have as much legroom as 32K.