MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Just my graphic illustration, i'm still prefered 2 tone colors combination (example : blue + purple or dark blue + light blue) on wau logo for rebranding and it would be nice on our new A380.

MH_new.jpg

Crayolas like this? :D

MH_logocarayon.jpg

the blue n purple one look really nice (for me)

Just my graphic illustration, i'm still prefered 2 tone colors combination (example : blue + purple or dark blue + light blue) on wau logo for rebranding and it would be nice on our new A380. MH_new.jpg Crayolas like this? :D MH_logocarayon.jpg

Try making one with blue and green, like AK back in the day!

Which is the actual seat map? The one here seems to be different as compared to the one on the booking website. I'm gonna fly on July 2, from London.

I think the one on the booking site looks different than the normal seating layout. At least for their A330, the booking site showed oversimplified version of seating layout.

The new livery looks like spiderman turns into the dark side.

The (tail) contrast between the new and "old" mas A380 can be seen here:

http://www.skyscrape...&postcount=2339

Yup, all blue looks a bit weird and to plain. Hopefully MH will consider to make it in 2 tone colors on our new A380. I just imagine on graphic illustration if they using blue + purple like this LINK

The new livery looks like spiderman turns into the dark side.

The (tail) contrast between the new and "old" mas A380 can be seen here:

http://www.skyscrape...&postcount=2339

Old is much nicer.

A classic.

New just dull.

I'm confused, is the all-blue livery a one-off thing?

Agree. Can someone shed some light here?

MAS has said that for now, it will be on the new A380 aircraft. No plans to repaint the rest of the fleet.

I think that once the B737 planes are transferred to the new premium short haul airline, and the older planes retired, a decision will be made as to what livery their newer A333s and B772s will wear. They may follow what Thai is doing - repaint the aircraft only when a new paint job is due.

It would be interesting to see what livery they apply to the A333s that will be delivered this year.

Yup, all blue looks a bit weird and to plain. Hopefully MH will consider to make it in 2 tone colors on our new A380. I just imagine on graphic illustration if they using blue + purple like this LINK

wow..nice blue n purple combination

I really like the new livery, it's starting to grow on me, I really prefer it to the older newer swish one. But 1 thing I am very confused about is that on the render the wau is much larger than what is painted on the actual aircraft, you can see the wau actually extending down below the 2nd flap/rudder on the tail on the render.

I wonder if anyone from MH reads this forum ? Why did they decide to all suddenly change to a new livery for the A380's ?

I wonder if anyone from MH reads this forum ? Why did they decide to all suddenly change to a new livery for the A380's ?

The change to blue is to reflect a new Premium outlook.

As for MH people reading this forum - you'd be surprised... ^_^

The change to blue is to reflect a new Premium outlook.

Yup, that is probably what the official stance is. And red - being the dominant colour of AK - signifies LCC.

What a simplistic way of thinking, probably endorsed by the BoD members who came from the Red side!

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Having three differing liveries applied to the flying fleet, none of which corresponds to the corporate logo (to be) hardly suggests simplicity - however, sophistication is merely a state of mind :)

Having three differing liveries applied to the flying fleet, none of which corresponds to the corporate logo (to be) hardly suggests simplicity - however, sophistication is merely a state of mind :)

I suspect that one of the A380s will feature the OneWorld livery - so there will be even more varieties... :)