MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

It looks like MH could only afford 2 colours at the paint shop.

Don't forget the little dabs of red on those fairings on the wings :D

(well, credit is due where credit is due, no ? :D)

I sort of like it.. But suddenly I'm missing the red. Wonder if this was the design that was rumored here earlier that supposedly looked like the Heliconia?

The livery is nice, especially at the engine crowling. However, the blue WAU with white tail is too plain. It reminds me of Finnair.

Perhaps a white WAU in blue tail will look nicer ? :pardon:

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

The livery is nice, especially at the engine crowling. However, the blue WAU with white tail is too plain. It reminds me of Finnair.

Perhaps a white WAU in blue tail will look nicer ? :pardon:

Yes, they could have lifted the livery by giving it a 3D effect. That way, the lacklustre livery might have had a better chance of shining.

I am not terribly impressed, but lets see what kind of staying power this livery has. SQ's logo has been unchanged (other than the move from orange to gold colour) since 1972.

More here: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/myA380

I sort of like it.. But suddenly I'm missing the red. Wonder if this was the design that was rumored here earlier that supposedly looked like the Heliconia?

Not too impressed. I miss the red too. The swirl in the body will not age well and will look dated in a few years.

The navy blue only wau tail is fatalistic and gloomy... in line with MH's future outlook.

Conscious effort to get rid of red, the 'official' colour of AK? If so, i just wanna...kick somebody!!

Edited by V Wong

New pics of the new biz class have appeared on the MAS website. take a look. 2/2/2 - but look spacious and possibly 180 flatbeds.

Colour tones are nicer too.

Stewardesses in marketing campaign are in present uniform - so no new uniform for now??

i actually like this new livery. nice. The current MAS livery looks too 80s(like the 80s united airline color)

The body all White plain...Miss the Red/Blue MAS logo :( this new livery seems not very attractive

Is this business class or economy? The seat looks wide for economy, but too small for business.

PhotoTeam_02.JPG

Definitely Y. Upper deck, bulkhead. Row 32HK probably.

The skinny model makes the seat looks wider by a few acres.

I really think that this was a major step up from the swish livery! But I do feel that the wau on the A380 tail is a tad too small and not in the right place, but we must wait to see the swish added on the real aircraft to actually judge it! Who knows the A380 might look stunning ! The A380 is also missing a small purple circle soon to be added ;)

Definitely Y. Upper deck, bulkhead. Row 32HK probably.

The skinny model makes the seat looks wider by a few acres.

:pardon:

They purposely didn't show any leaked images of the First Class eh..

Probably lower deck wasnt ready? Maybe F commercial shoot is taken within a mock-up setting as opposed to on the plane?

Anyway, as expected, I'm underwhelmed by the biz seats that MH WILL launch, given the images of the new biz seats that QR WILL launch, or CX's new ones. MH still doesnt have the wow factor and by the time the MH product is officially available in the market - it becomes a me-too product with a short "new-ness" shell-life. It looks so staid and lacks innovation or exudes luxury.

But I do feel that the wau on the A380 tail is a tad too small .....

Perhaps also slanted in the wrong direction ? :rolleyes:

Stewardesses in marketing campaign are in present uniform - so no new uniform for now??

According to a friend of mine who's currently working at MAS, only the guys will get the uniform. The supposedly new turquoise color kebaya for the ladies has been scrapped.

Marketing Magazine reveals that:

"Malaysia Airlines has finally awarded its creative account to Ogilvy after a 10-month long pitch process. "

Ogilvy is famous for being 'thinking out of the box"......

Edited by JuliusWong