MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

MAS rebranding on 5th March? So can we expect the 9M-MNA will roll-out from Hamburg facility on that day?

They should be taking delivery of 5 of them this year and the remaining one next year.

I'm planning to go to London in October but I doubt they would have brought the A380 to Sydney by then. I can still hope though!

I think that by October, 3 or 4 of the A380s would have been delivered. So there is hope.... :)

So far, all airlines that operate the A380 report load factors of over 90%. If MH can follow that trend, their A380 operations should not be making losses.

Edited by flee

I know lots of people who will specifically choose to fly an airline or a certain flight based on the fact that the aircraft being used is an A380. The novelty value is still there. I, for one, would choose to fly the A380 over the B747.

Edited by Josh T

Yes agreed, but I will try and fly the B744 for now if possible before they go extinct :sorry:

I've been on the B744 plenty of times already. I want to have more time on the A380!

Hey guys, I saw a preview of the new livery.

The new livery comprises of upsized, bold malaysiairlines in navy blue near L1 door, with the wau bulan in complete navy blue at tail. The cheatlines are gone, replaced with two strokes of wavy-like ala CX's white paint-brush stroke, but inverted.. MH's two strokes of waves covers the back of plane like a ribbon wrapping around it.....

I honestly hope this design is not the finalised....I maybe wrong.....

Complete navy blue wau bulan? Blue wrapping around the back? Sound very familiar...

1935082.jpg

Hmm...very interested to see pics of the new livery! So, it looks like all blue for long-haul and perhaps all red for the new premium short-haul?

Was it just blue? I hope there are more colours into it.

Which one do you think is better? Old, current or new livery?

So, the current A380 tails would need to be repainted.

Hey guys, I saw a preview of the new livery.

The new livery comprises of upsized, bold malaysiairlines in navy blue near L1 door, with the wau bulan in complete navy blue at tail. The cheatlines are gone, replaced with two strokes of wavy-like ala CX's white paint-brush stroke, but inverted.. MH's two strokes of waves covers the back of plane like a ribbon wrapping around it.....

I honestly hope this design is not the finalised....I maybe wrong.....

This should be better than the current lazy, accountant-dictated, PAL inspired (copied) version.

Guys, look at the advert tab. It showing the new livery! And new color for MH. All in blue. But, it looks like white is still a dominant color.

Edited by Muhamad Rahimi

Haha!! I've been net-hunting for the new livery for the past 2 weeks n finally, MAS itself revealed it in this forum..

I can't see it. Can someone print screen it for us who are based abroad (which IP addresses might not be selected by the advert banner to be displayed)?

The advert >>>>>

42583572.jpg

Thanks for that ! Probably the 1st time I've regretted installing an ad blocker :p

But the new scheme is certainly NOT for me !! Even worse than the "swish" IMHO. This is too sterile, I was really hoping they would go in the steps of their "water color" adverts which was really vibrant and inviting

If you want to see the livery upclose - check the FB page by 12.30.

So is the "swish" now phased out ? Or is this new all blue scheme just for A380 ?