MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Aircraft rotation will be so tight that if one aircraft koyak, one of the flight will have to either be cancelled or revert back to old fleet.

Not much difference from most of the A380 operators. I guess only those traveling in F have the most to lose.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for some game changing cabin offerings from MH tho. My hopes are for them to crush :pardon:

Well, with the downgrading of the AMS service to the B777-200, I guess we won't be seeing the A380 fly there anymore. That means (hopefully) we'll be seeing the A380 come to SYD!!

Anyway, I calculated that you only need 3 A380s to do a daily KUL-SYD-KUL and KUL-LHR-KUL run. I suppose another 3 A380s will allow MAS to do a 2nd daily KUL-LHR-KUL run together with a daily KUL-MEL-KUL run or a 2nd daily KUL-SYD-KUL run. I suspect it will probably go a daily KUL-MEL-KUL.

Edited by Josh T

Wonder why we haven't seen it fully painted?

This is the 2nd A380 for MAS. The 1st one is in the process of being fully painted and having the interiors installed.

Yeah I know but that was quite some time ago. Surely it doesn't take that long to be painted? I think they are cleverly keeping the rumored new livery under wraps.

It normally takes approximately six months for the final finishing to be done at Airbus Hamburg. So do not expect the first MH A380 to emerge until around May-June 2012.

It normally takes approximately six months for the final finishing to be done at Airbus Hamburg. So do not expect the first MH A380 to emerge until around May-June 2012.

I believe May's the delivery date, June will be final training period, route proving etc, and then 1 July inaugural flight.

I really really hope the A380s come to Sydney by October. Hoping to catch the big bird all the way from SYD to LHR then.

I would really love to see MH A380's in MEL but we are only standing at x2 Daily A333, with no First Class. I wonder if we might see the introduction of the 744's into MEL when AMS gets downgraded to stimulate demand and to prepare for the introduction of Airbus A380 flights. But that's IF MEL gets chosen to be an A380 destination.

I would really love to see MH A380's in MEL but we are only standing at x2 Daily A333, with no First Class. I wonder if we might see the introduction of the 744's into MEL when AMS gets downgraded to stimulate demand and to prepare for the introduction of Airbus A380 flights. But that's IF MEL gets chosen to be an A380 destination.

I think the chances are quite reasonable that MH will send an A380 to MEL and end up having an A380 and A330 service there. It also wouldn't surprise me if SYD ends up with an A380 and an A330 service. It would be very nice and a great selling point if MH can offer brand new aircraft on the Kangaroo route.

Anyway, has there been any further news about what the First and Business class product on the A380 is going to be? I'm assuming the Economy class product will be the same as the ones currently being used on the new A330-300s.

Anyway, has there been any further news about what the First and Business class product on the A380 is going to be? I'm assuming the Economy class product will be the same as the ones currently being used on the new A330-300s.

IMG_9646_.jpg

IMG_9645_.jpg

Saw an article "ready to fly" in magazine GP Jan 2012 issue regarding MH A380, according to them 1st MH A380 is scheduled for delivery this July and the aircraft's 1st destination would be London (LHR). MH002 will fly non-stop KUL-LHR on Mon, Thu and Sat. Return flights on MH003 will be on Tue, Fri and Sun. MH's BC wil have fewer seats than any other A380, which means more leg room and comfort to travelers. Here's what MH A380 passengers can to look forward to onboard :-

- First Class will have a total of 8 seats at the front of the main deck, in a 1-2-1 seat configuration.

- Business Class on the upper deck will have 9 rows of seats in a 2-2-2 seat configuration.

- Economy Class will have 3-4-3 layout towards the rear of the main deck, with a smaller 2-4-2 cabin upstairs (behind BC)

IMG_9646_.jpg

IMG_9645_.jpg

Saw an article "ready to fly" in magazine GP Jan 2012 issue regarding MH A380, according to them 1st MH A380 is scheduled for delivery this July and the aircraft's 1st destination would be London (LHR). MH002 will fly non-stop KUL-LHR on Mon, Thu and Sat. Return flights on MH003 will be on Tue, Fri and Sun. MH's BC wil have fewer seats than any other A380, which means more leg room and comfort to travelers. Here's what MH A380 passengers can to look forward to onboard :-

- First Class will have a total of 8 seats at the front of the main deck, in a 1-2-1 seat configuration.

- Business Class on the upper deck will have 9 rows of seats in a 2-2-2 seat configuration.

- Economy Class will have 3-4-3 layout towards the rear of the main deck, with a smaller 2-4-2 cabin upstairs (behind BC)

Business Class is most likely similar to the one on QF 388. While the seat design may be entirely different, the seat pitch may be about the same which allows the seat to go fully flat in fully reclined position.

Business Class is most likely similar to the one on QF 388. While the seat design may be entirely different, the seat pitch may be about the same which allows the seat to go fully flat in fully reclined position.

I really want to know if they're going to do something special in First. I've decided I'm going to treat myself to experiencing First class on the new MH A380 this year! B)

I really want to know if they're going to do something special in First. I've decided I'm going to treat myself to experiencing First class on the new MH A380 this year! B)

As an avid MH fan, you deserve it. Trip report, please!

IMG_9646_.jpg

IMG_9645_.jpg

That's really silly - boasting that MH will have the least number of biz seats of any A380 operator, and hence, insinuating that MH's will have more room than the others'.

IMG_9646_.jpg

IMG_9645_.jpg

No Y+ on A380 after all??:blink:

That's really silly - boasting that MH will have the least number of biz seats of any A380 operator, and hence, insinuating that MH's will have more room than the others'.

I know! I read that too and thought to myself... who are they trying to kid??? :blink:

There was an article in Australian Business Traveller in early November that said that there was still going to be a premium economy section on the A380. We'll just have to see when more details emerge. I'm more interested in the details for the business and first class cabins!

2-4-2 upstairs cabin could be premium eco??

No. 2-4-2 for economy upstairs on the A380 is normal seating.

Perhaps the extra space could point to the possibility that MH is installing more unique in-flight ammenities.(e.g. EK style bar, First & business class lounge, etc.)

2-4-2 upstairs cabin could be premium eco??

Premium economy usually means a little more legroom.

Premium economy usually means a little more legroom.

That's what I'm thinking, 2-4-2 per row, but more pitch than Economy. More legroom, better seats and food and side compartment should be enough. I don't mind paying a bit more than Economy to be upstairs.

If they install it in the main cabin, premium economy still will be 2-4-2.

If I recall correctly, 507 seat number will include premium economy. Without it means higher number of seats will be installed in MH A380.

Edited by Johan Z