My summary report card for 2012, not quite good I would say:

2012's Conquest

Sector: 4
Miles: 20,136
Airline: Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400, Airbus 330-300, Airbus 380-800
Airport: KUL, LHR, SIN
Event: -
Country: Malaysia, United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Vatican City, Singapore

My route map as at 31 December 2012

GCP31122012_zpsf88545bd.gif

Notable milestone in 2012

On 2 October 2012, I broke the record of my personal longest flight of 8 years, flying on flight SQ 306 from SIN to LHR, which covered the distance of 6,765 miles. My previous longest flight by distance was recorded on 1 March 2004 flying with flight MH 4 from KUL to LHR, which was 6,593 miles.

In relation, it was also my first time onboard SQ's A380, 5 years too late after the airline launched its first commercial flight on the airliner on 25 October 2007. However the experience is not my first time aboard the A380 as I had flown with EK's on 2 sectors in 2010.

Managed to fly on-board MH 734 for the last time (for SBW-KCH-SBW run);before it was upgraded to 738.

For this year (2013),hope to fly again,since SBW-JHB-SBW is confirmed for me & my family,as we're going to my youngest brother convocation.

So now the full details of the result for resolution 2012:

I have listed 11 resolutions to be fulfilled in 2012, as follows:

1. To break my record of flying on 53 sectors (achieved in 2007) and 50,677 miles (achieved in 2008) in a single calendar year. A default resolution.

2. To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible (if any). This is a repeat of 2010's and 2011's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

3. To fly in a premium cabin at least on 1 sector. A default resolution.

4. To keep a healthy activity in ANY of my frequent flyer program accounts - MH's Enrich, KLM's Flying Blue, SQ's KrisFlyer and EK's Skywards. A default resolution.

5. To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. 2 of my FFPs are having expiring miles in 2012 - Enrich with 9,846 miles and KrisFlyer with 11,514 miles.

6. To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight or attending an air show). A default resolution.

7. To perform any of the FlightMemory-list flights. A default resolution.

8. To fly domestically in Malaysia. Also should my relocation plan prevails, a domestic flight in that particular country is essential as well.

9. To fly the best airline which provide value for my money for all flights. Emphasized on 'value' and 'my money'. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.

10. To visit at least 3 new countries. A repeat of 2011's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

11. To fly aboard MH's A380.

There, 11 aviation resolutions for 2012 and almost all of them are core matters for enthusiasts like us, nothing fancy.

1. Not Achieved. I only managed to clock in 4 sectors and 20,136 miles. The showing is rather poor especially on the sector count, my worst since 1993.

SectorCount_zpsa9e32142.png

2. Not Achieved. This resolution is only 75% completed, represented by 3 long haul sectors of about 13 hours each, as follows:

LongHaul2012_zps5a3b5dfd.png

The journeys were documented in the following trip report threads:

KUL-LHR http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17527

LHR-KUL http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18274

3. Not Achieved. I am a rather poor student at the moment and was throughout 2012 hence 0 premium class journey during the year.

4. Accomplished. My FFPs activities during the period are as follows:

FFPBal31122012_zps1f97a626.png

Enrich and KrisFlyer were active in 2012. The redemption made in KrisFlyer also zeroed out almost the entire account, hence it will be temporarily inactive from 2013 onward unless my path crosses again with Star Alliance someday.

Flying Blue and Skywards were fine being dormant during the period as there is no issue with regards to miles expiration in the accounts persisted in 2012.

5. Accomplished. All expiring miles in 2012 (9,846 Enrich miles and 11,514 KrisFlyer miles) have successfully being redeemed. I redeemed 3 tickets during the year and the details are as follows:

Redemption_zps5ac2763c.png

Note:

Earlier on, I redeemed 34,850 KrisFlyer miles for a return ticket BCN-GRU-BCN in Economy Class on flight SQ 67/68 scheduled to be performed in December 2012. However, due to an unforeseen circumstance, the itinerary had to be changed to KUL-SIN-LHR in October 2012. Fundamentally, the latter's redemption only cost 29,750 miles but a total of 34,850 miles was still being deducted from my account because SQ has a policy of not crediting back the difference in miles for a change of itinerary like this. I lost 5,100 Krisflyer miles along the way.

6. Not Achieved. I did not get to attend any special aviation related event during the year.

7. Not Achieved. Although I managed to return to KUL during the year, I unfortunately did not have enough time to perform any flights from my missing Flightmemory list. The list as at 31 December 2012 is as follows:

FlightMemoryList_zps6d8a6e53.png

8. Not Achieved. Unfortunately I did not get to fly on any domestic flights in Malaysia and the UK due to financial constraints and commitments with my studies and life events in the UK and throughout Western Europe.

9. Accomplished. All 4 flights flown during the period have been purchased using the formula of extreme prudent spending and value for money first and foremost. Interestingly, for once, all my 4 flights in 2012 were acquired from miles redemption.

10. Accomplished. The most successful resolution of the year. Despite facing financial difficulties, I managed to add in 5 new countries during the period (through means other than flying):

Belgium

- 2 visits to Brussels in March and April 2012

- 6 visits to Oostende in March, April, May, June, July and September 2012

[in picture: The miniature of Brussels' Grand Place in Mini Europe, Brussels]

DSC00856_zps3d4ff9cd.jpg

Luxembourg

- 2 visits in March and April 2012

[in picture: The Bock at Luxembourg City]

DSC00682_zps48bb3e56.jpg

Switzerland

- 6 visits to Lauterbrunnen in March, April, May, June, July and September 2012

- 4 visits to Interlaken in May, June, July and September 2012

[in picture: Onboard the 100 years old Jungfraubahn to the Top of Europe, Jungfraujoch. Elevation is 3,471 meter]

IMG-20120502-00641_zps7b01e93b.jpg

[in picture: The geo location of the city of Interlaken in between the 2 great lakes - Brienz and Thun]

DSC01609_zpse83dbf34.jpg

Bella Italia

- 4 visits to Venezia, Roma and Pisa each in May, June, July and September 2012

- Italy took me by surprised. Venice emerged as my second favourite destination in Europe.

[in picture: Piazza San Marco with the Basilica (completed in 1617) and the commanding Campanile (completed in 1514, 98.6 meter tall)]

DSC01365_zpsd5907fff.jpg

[in picture: The 2 millennia years old Colosseum (completed in year 80 AD)]

DSC02171_zps6b9de6d9.jpg

[in picture: The Square of Miracles, which consist of the baptistery, duomo, camposanto and its world renowned leaning campanile]

DSC01528_zps6ab7209e.jpg

The Vatican

- 4 visits in May, June, July and September 2012

[in picture: The mecca - Piazza San Pietro]

DSC01811_zpsd687768b.jpg

On top of that, I also returned to 6 previously visited countries, as follows:

France

- 7 visits to Paris in March, April, May, June, July, September and November 2012

- Paris is my ultimate favourite destination in Europe. 8 trips todate and it still reign supreme.

[in picture: Needs no introduction]

IMG-20120429-00503_zps88546d0c.jpg

The Netherlands

- 6 visits to Amsterdam, Volendam and Lisse in March, April, May, June, July and September 2012

[in picture: Glorious blooming at Keukenhof, which was only opened from 22 March until 20 May in 2012]

IMG-20120505-00731_zps57dd7073.jpg

Germany

- 4 visits to Heidelberg and Fussen in May, June, July and September 2012

[in picture: Reminiscing the ruins of Heidelberg Castle]

DSC01095_zps692ca699.jpg

[in picture: Even more grandeur and oozes fairy tale, the Neuschwanstein Castle]

DSC01219_zpsc7ac1fac.jpg

Austria

- 4 visits to Innsbruck in May, June, July and September 2012

[in picture: The 512 years old Golden Roof]

DSC02117_zpsa9ecea7f.jpg

Singapore

- 1 visit in October 2012

[in picture: Jalan Dusun road signage]

DSC02403_zpsa912420a.jpg

And of course my new base since February 2012, London in the United Kingdom.

DSC02896_zpsafcba9de.jpg

11. Not Achieved. Although MH A380 has been plying on the KUL-LHR and vice versa routes since 1 July 2012, I missed the opportunity to fly on one due to conflicting interest with resolution no. 9 above.

Along the way, I also managed to meet 5 MalaysianWings members in person, as follows:

Keno Omar – 2 meetings in Luxembourg where he joined me in my Luxembourg City tour during his lunch hours and one more meeting in London during Easter 2012 where we were joined by his Japanese MBA colleague doing a little sightseeing around London and a lunch at Satay House London. I was supposed to join him to Bristol and Bath but I missed the train that morning at London Paddington station. We were again supposed to meet up in November 2012 in London, but I had to miss it due to a scheduling conflict with another friends' meeting event at Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath. Cumulatively, Keno and I had 5 meetings todate.

HC Chai – I had the opportunity to have dinner with him at an Indian restaurant named Anwar near the Warren Street station in London. Apparently the place where he works and where I used to live are just a stone throw away, a fact that he envied me the most *evil LOL*

Izanee - I met the delightful surgeon for the first time over iftar at Tukdin Restaurant in London Paddington the night before he flew back to KUL for Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2012. A night full of MH bashing nonetheless.

Fashni M – The Bahrain-based gentleman treated me a lunch at C & R Restaurant in London Bayswater. Fashni and I share many mutual friends in Saudi Arabia hence there was so much to talk about during the meeting.

Affendi Osman – Affendi provided me a shelter for 1 night during the time when I was moving out from W1 to NW1. He even cooked a breakfast for me. Malaysian hospitality at its best plus insider’s gossips from Putrajaya.

So there you go, 4 out of 11 resolutions were fulfilled in 2012, representing a successful rate of 36.36%. Failed LOL!

My 2013 aviation resolution: To fly to all destinations served by MH B738.

11. Ongoing. MH A380 is now a reality since yesterday so hopefully I will get a chance to fly on it to get back to KUL soon.

I also managed to meet 2 MalaysianWings members in person, Keno Omar in Luxembourg twice and in London once, and HC Chai in London.

Couldn't be happier!

There you go, 4 resolutions accomplished by mid year. Gearing towards ticking off more by year end.

I thought you've met me in person too in 2012....

:)

According to flightmemory.com, my 2012 aviation achievements are as follows:

3_zpsc0a16362.jpg

1_zps8d72beb6.jpg

2_zpsa031ef1b.jpg

Edited by affendi osman

I thought you've met me in person too in 2012....

:)

I was still editing the post when you quoted it. Of course you are in the list. :)

I was still editing the post when you quoted it. Of course you are in the list. :)

Shelter...

I feel like good Samaritan running a shelter for the poor you know!

LOL

Edited by affendi osman

7 January 2013. Continuing the tradition of this thread for the 6th year!

A bit of a reflection of my aviation resolutions since this thread was created:

2007 | Theme: Greediness/I Want It All/I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing | Result: 5/12 | 41.67%
2008 | Theme: Cost Saving | Result: 10.5/12 | 87.5%
2009 | Theme: Modesty but Still Ambitious and Challenging | Result: 5.5/13 | 42.31%
2010 | Theme: Quality over Quantity | Result: 8/11 | 72.73%
2011 | Theme: Change | Result: 10/16 | 62.5%
2012 | Theme: Basic | Result: 4/11 | 36.36%

2013 will be the year I will get back to work after spending about a year and a half as a student in the UK. I am now in the process of obtaining the necessary legalities to start a new career in London. Hopefully everything will turn out fine otherwise I would have to return to Saudi Arabia. For this year aviation resolution, I would like to keep everything simple.

As a commercial passenger, I have listed 11 resolutions to be fulfilled in 2013, as follows:

1. To break my record of flying on 53 sectors (achieved in 2007) and 50,677 miles (achieved in 2008) in a single calendar year. A default resolution.

2. To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible (if any). This is a repeat of 2010's, 2011's and 2012's aviation resolution which did not come true.

4. To keep a healthy activity in ANY of my frequent flyer program accounts - MH's Enrich, KLM's Flying Blue, SQ's KrisFlyer and EK's Skywards. A default resolution.

5. To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. Expiring miles in 2013 are as follows:

Enrich - 7,444 miles by 31 December 2013

Flying Blue - Part of my miles will start expiring from 31 March 2013

Skywards - 4,933 miles by 31 January 2013

Therefore I am envisaging 1 redemption with Enrich (possibly LHR-KUL) and 1 redemption with Skywards (a return ticket on easyJet to the furthest destination the total miles in account can bring me). As for Flying Blue, I hope to fly on KLM to AMS to extend the life of the miles for another 20 months.

6. To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight or attending an air show). A default resolution.

I have set my eyes to be onboard the inaugural BA A380 flight, which is rumoured to be to MAD.

My FlightMemory list on 1 January 2013 is as follows:

8. To fly the best airline which provide value for my money for all flights. Emphasized on value and my money. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.

9. To visit at least 4 new countries. Up 1 notch from 3 new countries planned in 2012 although I did achieved 5 countries in the end.

MyEurope_zpse5caf351.png

I have no specific countries on the agenda but Ireland and Spain are a sure bet.

10. To fly aboard MH's A380. A repeat of 2012's aviation resolution which did not come true.

11. To surpass 300,000 miles flown milestone. At the moment, I have recorded 274,304 miles. I will need to fly 25,696 miles in 2013 to achieve this.

FM1Jan2013_zpsa28199dc.png

Therefore, 11 aviation resolutions for 2013 altogether.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all MalaysianWings members HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!

To everyone who participate in this thread, I wish you good luck and all the very best. Do not forget to update us on the progress of those resolutions.

2013 will be another interesting year as far as aviation is concern in Malaysia. We will have Malindo and KLIA2, MH will officially be in oneworld. MalaysianWings will be 8 years old and I hope there will be less fighting in the forum too. *ouch!*

So with that, keep calm and carry on flying.

Er hello, read properly LOL!

Izanee - I met the delightful surgeon for the first time over iftar at Tukdin Restaurant in London Paddington the night before he flew back to KUL for Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2012. A night full of MH bashing nonetheless.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all MalaysianWings members HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!

To everyone who participate in this thread, I wish you good luck and all the very best. Do not forget to update us on the progress of those resolutions.

2013 will be another interesting year as far as aviation is concern in Malaysia. We will have Malindo and KLIA2, MH will officially be in oneworld. MalaysianWings will be 8 years old and I hope there will be less fighting in the forum too. *ouch!*

Wishing you all the best in your 2013 resolutions, MAR! :)

Fighting is inevitable as we have many passionate people in here. But I am all for it if it is done in good spirit,

Let's have a great 2013 here in Malaysian Wings!

For me:

Osaka in March

LIMA in March

Singapore for MW Anniversary in June

Hong Kong in July

Hangzhou & Beijing in October

Maybe BKI (if Malindo flies there)....

Same goes to you, flee!

Mohd Azizul Ramli, on 07 Jan 2013 - 13:48, said:

2013 will be the year I will get back to work after spending about a year and a half as a student in the UK. I am now in the process of obtaining the necessary legalities to start a new career in London. Hopefully everything will turn out fine otherwise I would have to return to Saudi Arabia. For this year aviation resolution, I would like to keep everything simple.

As a commercial passenger, I have listed 11 resolutions to be fulfilled in 2013, as follows:

2. To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible (if any). This is a repeat of 2010's, 2011's and 2012's aviation resolution which did not come true.

5. To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. Expiring miles in 2013 are as follows:

Enrich - 7,444 miles by 31 December 2013

Flying Blue - Part of my miles will start expiring from 31 March 2013

Skywards - 4,933 miles by 31 January 2013

Therefore I am envisaging 1 redemption with Enrich (possibly LHR-KUL) and 1 redemption with Skywards (a return ticket on easyJet to the furthest destination the total miles in account can bring me). As for Flying Blue, I hope to fly on KLM to AMS to extend the life of the miles for another 20 months.

I have set my eyes to be onboard the inaugural BA A380 flight, which is rumoured to be to MAD.

My FlightMemory list on 1 January 2013 is as follows:

8. To fly the best airline which provide value for my money for all flights. Emphasized on value and my money. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.

9. To visit at least 4 new countries. Up 1 notch from 3 new countries planned in 2012 although I did achieved 5 countries in the end.

MyEurope_zpse5caf351.png

I have no specific countries on the agenda but Ireland and Spain are a sure bet.

10. To fly aboard MH's A380. A repeat of 2012's aviation resolution which did not come true.

11. To surpass 300,000 miles flown milestone. At the moment, I have recorded 274,304 miles. I will need to fly 25,696 miles in 2013 to achieve this.

FM1Jan2013_zpsa28199dc.png

Therefore, 11 aviation resolutions for 2013 altogether.

I usually update my half year progress on the 30 June each year but since it has been a quiet weekend so far and I seem to do not have any more flight to log in until the end of June, I thought it is timely efficient if I update the progress of my 2013's aviation resolutions today. As it turned out to be, I got a job in London! So for 2013, so far...

1. Ongoing. For the period, I managed to clock in 3 sectors and 13,301 miles. Hoping for more opportunities to fly in 2Q2013.

2. Ongoing. I managed to perform 1 corresponding return long haul journey during the period:

11.June 2013 LHR-KUL

16 June 2013 KUL-CDG

With 1 more return long haul journey to do, I am hoping for another opportunity to accomplish this resolution, which has been brought forward since 2010, once and for all by year end.

3. Accomplished. I flew on AF Y+ cabin KUL-CDG on 16 June 2013.

DSC03450_zps12d756bc.jpgDSC03435_zps8a00d62f.jpg

4. Accomplished. My FFPs activities during the period are as follows:

FFP30June2013_zps70858b35.png

3 out of 4 FFPs recorded a movement.

5. Accomplished. I made 4 redemptions during the period.

5,000 Skywards miles were redeemed for 2 Raffle Reward tickets. I did not win though. These miles are corresponding to 4,933 miles which were expiring by 31 January 2013. Earlier on, I was planning to redeem the miles for a ticket on easyJet, but there has been a scheduling conflict with my affairs here in the UK hence the Raffle Reward is the easy way out.

50,000 Flying Blue miles were redeemed for a 1 way KUL-LHR in Y+ for journey on 6 August 2013. Another 10,000 Flying Blue miles were redeemed for a 1 way CGK-KUL in Y for journey on 28 July 2013. Another 2,552 Flying Blue miles went into the drain. These miles correspond to the entire account which was expiring by 31 March 2013. This is quite a sad story as I was intending to save all my Flying Blue miles to explore the Americas. As it turned out to be, my passport has to be submitted to the UKBA around 31 March 2013 for visa formalities hence I was not able to fly to AMS or CDG to extend the life of the miles for another 20 months as originally planned. A force redemption was then executed and the initial plan was to return to KUL for Hari Raya, with a side trip to CGK. However, another turn of event happened when I secured a job in London and can not go back this upcoming Hari Raya to KUL hence the KUL-LHR ticket is moved to 16 June 2013. The CGK-KUL ticket is still hanging by the moment but I intend to change it for a ticket to somewhere applicable during the long bank holiday weekend on 23-26 August 2013. The remaining 2,552 miles could not be salvaged as the minimum requirement by Flying Blue, even to donate the miles for charities is 3,000 miles and the minimum miles to purchase if I were to round it up to 3,000 miles is a block of 1,000 miles hence it is a mute point of purchasing the miles to donate it in the end. The episode ends my stint with Flying Blue and the Skyteam alliance after years accumulating miles with them (since 2005).

21,000 Enrich miles were redeemed for a 1 way LHR-KUL in Y for a journey on 11 June 2013. The miles correspond to 7,444 miles which is expiring by 31 December 2013. Enrich is currently running a 30% promotion for redemption to/from Europe hence I was just being asked 21,000 miles instead of 25,500 miles on the normal rate (minus 15% online redemption discount). This redemption was made 24 hours prior to departure and after 11 sectors redeemed under the similar consecutive scenarios, Enrich has never disappoint me with regards to this matter, even after the airline joined oneworld alliance. 2 thumbs up to Enrich!

With all these redemptions, all my expiring miles for 2013 have been redeemed in its entirely.

6. Ongoing. I am now have my eyes on either one of these upcoming aviation events:

• BA A380 inaugural to FRA on a yet to be determined date. The aircraft is going to be delivered in July 2013.
  • BA B787 inaugural to MAN/NCL/GLA/ARN on a yet to be determined date. 2 Dreamliners will be delivered to BA on 26 and 27 June 2013 respectively.

I pray that the inaugurals will fall on weekends.

Sadly along the way, I have missed the following events:

• VS Little Red inaugurals due to the unavailability of a passport for visa formalities on the date.
  • Paris Air Show which is currently ongoing. I was in Paris on 6-9 June and again on 17 June. To go to Paris again for a 3rd consecutive weekend is a bit too much to ask.

7. Ongoing. I did not have the opportunity to perform any of flight from my FlightMemory list due to time constraint. My list is severely effected due to the sudden bankruptcy of Batavia Air. 35 flights from the list have to be slashed off.

8. Accomplished. All 3 flights recorded during the period are redemption flights. You can not get any better deals than redemption flights as far as money is concerned.

9. Ongoing. I have yet to visit any new countries in 2013 so far, but I have returned to 10 previously visited countries:

• Belgium (2 visits to Oostende and Brussels in May and June 2013)
  • The Netherlands (2 visits to Amsterdam in May and June 2013)
  • Luxembourg (1 visit in May 2013)
  • Switzerland (2 visits to Lauterbrunnen in May and June 2013)
  • Germany (1 visit to Heidelberg and Fussen in June 2013)
  • Austria (1 visit to Innsbruck in June 2013)
  • Italy (1 visit to Venezia, Firenze, Roma and Pisa in June 2013)
  • The Vatican (1 visit in June 2013)
  • France (3 visits to Paris in May and June 2013)
  • United Kingdom/Malaysia (my current base/1 visit in June 2013)

I set 4 new countries to be visited in 2013, with Spain and Ireland being singled out. So we will see. Some selections from my best of 2013 so far:

Aishwarya Rai and Ronaldo tulips at Keukenhof Garden, the Netherlands.

DSC03057_zps3a14ef1c.jpgDSC03058_zpsb54a529b.jpg

The brand new Hard Rock Cafe Brussels at the Grand Place.

DSC03093_zps6ea748aa.jpgDSC03097_zpsa6fe663c.jpg

The Bock at Luxembourg City, this time around without Keno Omar by my side for the first time for the private tour.

DSC03132_zps00b27310.jpg

DSC03123_zps6181c95f.jpg

For some (or many) Malaysians and other people, Louis Vuitton at 101 Avenue des Champs Elysees is much much more important than Tour Eiffel, Arch de Triumph and Notre Dame combined.

DSC03149_zpsf6cf91b0.jpg

8 visits to date and I still think it is a piece of heaven on earth - the devastatingly beautiful Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. I will miss cycling, hiking and camping with my friends over there very dearly. :(

DSC03200_zps1c5bb633.jpg

DSC03205_zps5629859b.jpg

Friends were laughing at me for acting like a tourist. Da'oh!

DSC03215_zpsd6d54e16.jpg

DSC03224_zps2fa74c27.jpg

DSC03245_zpsf6bbc7b8.jpg

Basuh kaki with Evian (me on the right).

DSC03251_zps38794d70.jpg

DSC03277_zpsc04ab071.jpg

10. Accomplished. After almost a year in service (2 July 2012), the MH A380 is finally conquered on 11 June 2013. This resolution is brought over from 2012 and is now done once and for all. I think MH has a great Economy Class product on the A380. I was seated on the upper deck, a first for me on the A380. Previous 3 A380 flights with EK and SQ were all on the main deck.

I managed to secure the youngest one with the special decal - 100th A380.

DSC03312_zps51fde4be.jpg

Kuala Lumpur city center underneath the wing.

DSC03346_zps5ab340d4.jpg

11. Ongoing. Todate, I have clocked in 287,613 miles. 12,387 miles remaining to fulfill the task. I reckon 1 return journey to KUL would suffice.

So there you go, 5 out of 11 resolutions were accomplished during the first half of 2013. Not bad indeed. Hope to tick off more towards the end of the year.

Also, during the period, I managed to meet up with fellow MalaysianWings member Affendi Osman twice in London (the first meeting was during the election day on 28 April 2013 at Belgrave Square while the second meeting on 10 June 2013 at Camden Town to pass my stock of ciggie which he bought for me).

2013 has been an eventful year so far. Malindo did materialised and is getting even stronger with an unexpected turboprop hub opened in SZB. MH's inclusion into oneworld was done with much fanfare on the planned date. Todate, all its operating figures post joining are stellar. However, KLIA2 is a major letdown. In fact it is not going to be a 2013 event at all. I am sure a lot more is in store for us in the next 6 months.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish MalaysianWings a joyful 8th anniversary and happy spotting to all the members who will be celebrating it in SIN next week.

Also, do not forget to update on the progress of your 2013's aviation resolutions in this thread to those who participated earlier.

I usually update my half year progress on the 30 June each year but since it has been a quiet weekend so far and I seem to do not have any more flight to log in until the end of June, I thought it is timely efficient if I update the progress of my 2013's aviation resolutions today. So for 2013, so far...

although Liechtenstein is located in between Austria and Switzerland, you have not stepped your feet onto its soil....

*from the map lah*

It is because all my 8 visits to Switzerland so far are to Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen and the Bernese Oberland region. I think Liechtenstein is most conveniently explored from Zurich.

Rent a car in Zurich, go east, see Liechtenstein, Innsbruck, explore Bavaria, end in Salzburg. Very nice circuit.

It is because all my 8 visits to Switzerland so far is to Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen. I think Liechtenstein is most conveniently explored from Zurich.

I have not visited Liechtenstein yet!

how lahhh.....

Rent a car in Zurich, go east, see Liechtenstein, Innsbruck, explore Bavaria, end in Salzburg. Very nice circuit.

Liechtenstein is worth visiting or not?