MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Your Aviation New Year Resolutions

Wow, some really interesting achievements there... especially Keno and Waiping, congratulations to both!!:drinks:

I didn't have any new year resolution for 2010. As far as travel goes, good old mother nature has not been kind to me and she has succeeded in messing up half of my travel plan: My trip to Australia was delayed by a week due to the volcanic ash cloud, my week long holiday in Milan & Verona coincided with an awful heat wave and finally my year end trip to Kathmandu in Nepal and Koh Samui in Thailand was cancelled due to the snow storm and an incompetent airport operator.

Interesting, my trip to Sana'a, Yemen, which I feared would go haywire actually went on very smoothly :)

Emirates, A380 and Sana'a, Yemen

For 2011, my resolution is to replan my trip to Kathmandu in Nepal and then spend a few days on a beach in South East Asia. Any suggestions on the beach resorts will be most welcomed. My friends were thinking about Bali but I would prefer somewhere less touristy ...

Resolution for 2010 would be simple

1. To stay healthy and complete the project till the end, hope to fly with A380 this year and to watch French Open 2010 in Paris this June ( I hope that Nadal will reclaim the Rolland Garros title this 6th June 2010).

Happy New Year Guys. :drinks:

For 2010,

DSC00193resized.jpg

1.Still part of the team for the New Doha Int’l Airport Project but somehow did not fly with A380 for the first time to Paris to watch Nadal in action at Rolland Garros.

2.Manage to fly with 2 new airlines, Oman Air and Bahrain Air.

3.Three new countries, Vietnam (SGN), Oman (MCT) and Bahrain (BAH) and only 3 Unesco World Heritage Sites, big drop from 9 sites for 2009.

DSC00199.jpg

4.I’ve reached the 60 airlines milestone for my safety cards collection. As of 31st December 2010, I have 62 airlines with me.( Bahrain Air was the latest addition)

For 2011,

1.To travel to more new countries. Tickets are booked for Sri Lanka this February ( at least 5 Unesco Sites) :D and I’m eyeing on the Balkan/Eastern Europe countries this year, Croatia, Hungary for summer trip.

DSC_0984.jpg

Once after my part for NDIA project complete, then I’ll see how. :p Saudi has the New Medina Airport Project this year and Bahrain will have the expansion project.

Fantastic results and most enviable new resolutions everyone!

For 2011, I'm eyeing on Jordan, The Himalayas & Ecuador.

Let me guess - Petra, Mount Everest and Galapagos Island, isn't it? I am damn sure I am right LOL.

For 2011, my resolution is to replan my trip to Kathmandu in Nepal and then spend a few days on a beach in South East Asia. Any suggestions on the beach resorts will be most welcomed. My friends were thinking about Bali but I would prefer somewhere less touristy.

Lombok! It's less touristy beach destination and located just next to Bali. MI serves AMI and Uncle Tony twitted a few days ago (read from Dr. Naim's wall in Facebook) that AK will attack Lombok once the airport finished the construction works to enable it to handle the A320s.

DSC_0984.jpg

Once after my part for NDIA project complete, then I’ll see how. :p Saudi has the New Medina Airport Project this year and Bahrain will have the expansion project.

I love the picture so much. It's very 'di persimpangan dilemma' LOL, Bahrain to the left, Saudi to the right. For the sake of your resume, please choose the New Madinah International Airport project. Plus Saudi Arabia is more 'fabulous' than Bahrain LOL and isn't it more 'afdhal' to choose something on the 'right' as opposed to the 'left'?

Another airline is promoting aviation related resolution. Let's come out and fly everyone!

670x500_standalone_neujahr_01_UK3.jpg

Upcoming trip

KUL-TPE , D7 376 , 1735-2225 (20 FEB 2012)

TPE-KUL , D7 377 , 2325-0415 (29 FEB 2012)

Wow, you're an early booker !!! :blink:

Enjoy it... :pardon:

Thanks Uncle Pieter and Walter.I booked early because there is promo by D7. :p

Hopefully all goes according to plan :drinks:

DSC00199.jpg

4.I’ve reached the 60 airlines milestone for my safety cards collection. As of 31st December 2010, I have 62 airlines with me.( Bahrain Air was the latest addition)

Can we actually get the safety cards?

Half year progress anyone?

In my case:

As a commercial passenger, I have listed 16 'changes' to be fulfilled in 2011, as follows:

1. To break my record of flying on 53 sectors (achieved in 2007) and 50,677 miles (achieved in 2008) in a single calendar year. A default resolution.

2. To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible. This is a repeat of 2010's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

3. To fly in a premium cabin at least on 1 sector. Now will be a default resolution every year.

4. To keep a healthy activity in all my frequent flyer program accounts - MH's Enrich, KLM's Flying Blue, SQ's KrisFlyer and EK's Skywards. A default resolution.

5. To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. A total of 44,571 Enrich miles will be expiring by 31 December 2011, 3,411 Skywards miles will be expiring by 31 January 2011 and all the Flying Blue miles will be expiring by August 2011. So what I am planning to do is to make 1 redemption with MH and bring forward the remaining miles that is going to expire to 2012 (with a fee of course) and redeem Raffle rewards (monthly lucky draw to win Business Class ticket) for Skywards miles. As for the Flying Blue miles, I intend to fly with KLM or AF so that the miles will be getting an extension lease of life for another 20 months.

6. To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight or attending an air show). Now will be a default resolution every year. There are a lot of exciting events lining up in 2011 which I have in my mind - Paris Air Show, Dubai Air Show, LIMA 2011, Capt. Nik's Osh Kosh Charter Trip, D7's Charity Flight featuring Sir Richard Branson as a flight stewardess and of course MalaysianWings annual gathering. Hopefully I can be present at any of the events.

7. To perform any of the FlightMemory-list flights. Now will be a default resolution every year.

8. To fly domestically in Saudi Arabia. A default resolution as long as I remain in Saudi Arabia. There might be a high possibility that I am relocating to another country or I might return to Malaysia in 2011, so if any of that plans materialise, a domestic flight in that particular country or Malaysia is essential as well.

9. To fly the best airline which provide 'value for my money' for all flights. Emphasized on 'value' and 'my money'. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.

10. To visit at least 3 new countries. Up from 2 countries in 2010's resolution.

11. I want to shower in the sky. Isn't it so obvious?

12. To fly aboard MH's new Boeing Sky interiored B738s at least on 1 sector.

13. To fly aboard MH's new A333s at least on 1 sector.

14. To MAYBE fly AK for the very first time ever in my entire lifetime. To support a very determined, agressive and a real fighter Malaysian airline.

15. To circumnavigate the Earth for 10 times in my FlightMemory. Currently I have circumnavigated the Earth 9.36 times.

16. To finally arrived on the Moon (FlightMemory). Todate, my journey in distance travelled to the Moon is 97.6% completed.

1. Ongoing. But progress has been very slow. From 1 January 2011 until today 30 June 2011, I only recorded 2 sectors with the mileage counter stood at 402 miles only. Life in Saudi Arabia does have its toll on me. But more flying opportunities in the second half of 2011 I am sure.

2. Ongoing. I should have recorded 2 return long haul journeys if my Saudi boss does not interfere with the original arrangement that he has agreed upon since February 2011. But things happened and I am left out with no long haul flight to record during the first half of 2011. Always look on the bright side of life, I should be recording a few during the next half.

3. Ongoing. This resolution is expected to be accomplished with a bang within the next 96 hours.

4. Ongoing. My FFP mileage's movement from 1 January 2011 until 30 June 2011 is as follow:

4FFPTable30June2011.png

The objective of this resolution is to record movements in all my FFP accounts. KrisFlyer should have also recorded a decrement of 27,500 miles should the original plan was not interrupted [refer to point (2) above]. As for Flying Blue, I hope to fly KLM before the end of July 2011 to earn some miles, thus maintaining the account for another 20 months. All miles earned for Enrich came from my Enrich MasterCard spending, all miles earned for KrisFlyer came from my Citibank credit cards spending, while the outgoing miles for Skywards are from redemption of expiring miles.

5. Accomplished. I redeemed 5,000 expiring Skywards miles for 2 Raffle Rewards in January 2011. However, I did not win the draw. I am also expecting to make redemption from my KrisFlyer and Enrich accounts too. 4,757 KrisFlyer miles will be expiring by 30 November 2011, while 44,571 Enrich miles will be expiring by 31 December 2011.

6. Ongoing. I have missed out on Paris Air Show 2011 and MalaysianWings 6th Anniversary, D7's Richard Branson charity flight has been suspended indefinitely (last information was that it supposes to take event on 1 July 2011 but now seems unlikely. 1 July is tomorrow!) and it is too expensive too. So the likely event that I could participate is the Dubai Air Show 2011 or LIMA 2011 or hopefully some special flights.

7. Ongoing. A few FlightMemory-list flights have been lined up to be fulfilled before the end of the year.

8. Ongoing. Domestic flight in Saudi Arabia has been fulfilled. However domestic flight in Malaysia and the 3rd country have not materialized yet.

9. Ongoing. Only 2 flights were recorded during the period and it was purchased using the 'Value for My Money' formula.

10. Ongoing. No new country registered during the period. As a matter of fact, I remain in Saudi Arabia throughout the whole time. 1 country should have been checked should the original plan was not interfered [refer to point (2) above].

11. Ongoing. Still no shower in the sky, I hope I have time to allocate for this resolution.

12. Ongoing. With 4 aircraft now in the active fleet (MXA - MXD), I hope the chances to bump into one is higher.

13. Ongoing. Same case, with 4 aircraft now in the active fleet (MTA - MTD), I hope the chances to bump into one is higher before the year end.

14. Ongoing. Still no flight recorded with AK throughout my entire lifetime, I hope I have time to allocate for this resolution.

15. Ongoing. My Earth circumnavigation on 1 January 2011 was 9.36 times. On 30 June 2011, it is now 9.38 times. A little progress here due to the 2 flights totaling 402 miles recorded during the period.

16. Ongoing. My journey to the Moon is now 97.8% completed. At the beginning of the year, the journey was 97.6% completed. So a little progress here also due to the 2 flights totaling 402 miles recorded during the period.

So folks, only 1 out of 16 resolutions was accomplished during the first half of 2011. Hopefully, more catches are in store for me during the next half.

Mine was:

* 1st flight with MASwings- DONE

* Flying onboard A320 and ATR 72-500 -DONE

Both of my resolutions were fulfilled.

* 1st flight with MASwings - DONE

* Flying onboard A320 and ATR 72-500 - DONE

Another 2 to be added into my 2011 Aviation resolution:

* Attending the inaugural flight ceremony- DONE (Thanks to the FY inaugural flight to SBW on 1/07/2011)

* Flying to KUL - PROBABLY (Just received an email from OUM that need to go to KUL for compulsory session on one of subject taken by me this semester,probably flying with AK to and fro)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

OK; here's my completed resolutions:

* 1st flight with MASwings- DONE

* Flying onboard A320 and ATR 72-500 -DONE (Flew 4 times onboard AK A320s and once onboard ATR 72-500)

* Attending the inaugural flight ceremony- DONE (Thanks to the FY inaugural flight to SBW on 1/07/2011)

* Flying to KUL - DONE

Not bad after all; especially the SBW-KUL-SBW flight which was my biggest achievement this year.

With 2 hours left time to gear up for next year's resolution. Here is what I've planned for 2012.

FEB - Singapore Air Show with wife and son.

APR - Saigon/HCMC spotting trip.

JUNE - MW Anniversary @ BKK

Thought about going further in Sept, but no destination confirmed yet.

This coming year I want to:

I) make new entries into my logbook

II) start saving money to buy a plane.

Edited by alberttky

2011 was quite a letdown in many aspects for me, including aviation. Let see how I fared throughout the year:

As a commercial passenger, I have listed 16 'changes' to be fulfilled in 2011, as follows:

1. To break my record of flying on 53 sectors (achieved in 2007) and 50,677 miles (achieved in 2008) in a single calendar year. A default resolution.

2. To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible. This is a repeat of 2010's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

3. To fly in a premium cabin at least on 1 sector. Now will be a default resolution every year.

4. To keep a healthy activity in all my frequent flyer program accounts - MH's Enrich, KLM's Flying Blue, SQ's KrisFlyer and EK's Skywards. A default resolution.

5. To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. A total of 44,571 Enrich miles will be expiring by 31 December 2011, 3,411 Skywards miles will be expiring by 31 January 2011 and all the Flying Blue miles will be expiring by August 2011. So what I am planning to do is to make 1 redemption with MH and bring forward the remaining miles that is going to expire to 2012 (with a fee of course) and redeem Raffle rewards (monthly lucky draw to win Business Class ticket) for Skywards miles. As for the Flying Blue miles, I intend to fly with KLM or AF so that the miles will be getting an extension lease of life for another 20 months.

6. To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight or attending an air show). Now will be a default resolution every year. There are a lot of exciting events lining up in 2011 which I have in my mind - Paris Air Show, Dubai Air Show, LIMA 2011, Capt. Nik's Osh Kosh Charter Trip, D7's Charity Flight featuring Sir Richard Branson as a flight stewardess and of course MalaysianWings annual gathering. Hopefully I can be present at any of the events.

7. To perform any of the FlightMemory-list flights. Now will be a default resolution every year.

8. To fly domestically in Saudi Arabia. A default resolution as long as I remain in Saudi Arabia. There might be a high possibility that I am relocating to another country or I might return to Malaysia in 2011, so if any of that plans materialise, a domestic flight in that particular country or Malaysia is essential as well.

9. To fly the best airline which provide 'value for my money' for all flights. Emphasized on 'value' and 'my money'. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.

10. To visit at least 3 new countries. Up from 2 countries in 2010's resolution.

11. I want to shower in the sky. Isn't it so obvious?

12. To fly aboard MH's new Boeing Sky interiored B738s at least on 1 sector.

13. To fly aboard MH's new A333s at least on 1 sector.

14. To MAYBE fly AK for the very first time ever in my entire lifetime. To support a very determined, agressive and a real fighter Malaysian airline.

15. To circumnavigate the Earth for 10 times in my FlightMemory. Currently I have circumnavigated the Earth 9.36 times.

16. To finally arrived on the Moon (FlightMemory). Todate, my journey in distance travelled to the Moon is 97.6% completed.

1. Not Achieved. I only managed to clock in 13 sectors and 21,036 miles in 2011. The sector number is indeed depressing, just an average of 1 sector per month.

2. Not Achieved. I only managed to record one and a half (1.5) return long haul journey (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense, just 1 sector off target.

3. Accomplished. I flew on MH's First Class cabin which was sold as Business Class onboard a special reconfigured aircraft, 9M-MPQ Kuala Lumpur, JED-KUL on 4 July 2011.

DSC09782.jpg

4. Accomplished. My FFP mileage's movement from 1 January 2011 until 31 December 2011 is as follow:

FFP31Dec2011.png

All 4 accounts recorded at least an activity during the year, as planned.

5. Accomplished. I redeemed 5,000 expiring Skywards miles for 2 Raffle Rewards in January 2011. However, I did not win the draw. I also redeemed 42,000 expiring Enrich miles for a return Economy Class ticket KUL-CPT-KUL in October 2011. Following MH and AK share swap in August 2011, the route will cease to exist beginning 1 February 2012.

6. Accomplished. I flew on Firefly's inaugural flight to Sandakan on 1 August 2011. The airline's jet operation to SDK has also ceased to exist on 4 December 2011 following the share swap between MH and AK.

DSC00029.jpg

7. Accomplished. I settled 2 sectors from my FlightMemory-list flights; KUL-CGK with KL on 27 July 2011 and CGK-KUL with MH on 28 July 2011.

DSC09826.jpg

8. Accomplished. Planned domestic flights in Saudi Arabia and Malaysia have been fulfilled. I flew JED-MED-JED with SV in February 2011, KUL-SDK-KUL with FY in August 2011 and KUL-JHB-KUL with AK in October 2011.

DSC09645.jpg

9. Accomplished. All 13 flights recorded in 2011 were purchased using the 'Value for My Money' formula.

10. Not Achieved. I only managed to discover 1 new country, South Africa, in 2011 from 3 planned.

DSC00243.jpg

11. Not Achieved. I am unfortunately short of resources to embark on the plan to shower in the sky in 2011.

12. Not Achieved. I did not managed to fly onboard MH's new A333s in 2011.

13. Not Achieved. Also, I did not managed to fly onboard MH's new B738s in 2011.

14. Accomplished. 10 years after its existence, AK finally got my business. I flew with AK on 4 sectors during the year KUL-SIN-KUL in August 2011 and KUL-JHB-KUL in October 2011.

DSC00108.jpg

15. Accomplished. My Earth circumnavigation on 31 December 2011 is 10.21 times. The 10 times mark was achieved upon completing my 237th flight, KUL-CPT on 26 October 2011.

16. Accomplished. My journey to the Moon is also completed. The milestone was achieved upon completing my 238th flight, CPT-KUL on 31 October 2011.

FM31Dec2011.png

So in the end, 10 out of 16 resolutions were accomplished in 2011, representing a success rate of 62.5%. Not bad I suppose after what I had to endure during the year.

For 2011,

1.To travel to more new countries. Tickets are booked for Sri Lanka this February ( at least 5 Unesco Sites) :D and I’m eyeing on the Balkan/Eastern Europe countries this year, Croatia, Hungary for summer trip.

DSC_0984.jpg

First of all, Happy New year Guys! :drinks:

2011 ain't that bad for me. Visited Sri Lanka ( 3 sites ), Lebanon ( 3 sites ), Philippines ( 2 sites ), roadtrip for Umrah at KSA and night train trip from Budapest-Bratislava-Vienna-Prague ( 3 sites ) and overall visited 12 Unesco World Heritage Sites. All time record so far.

4 new airlines this year, Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Sri Lanka Airlines, Jet Airways.

I'm in my 4th year now for the New Doha International Airport project, most probably my part will end by June '12.

2012 Target.

1.To visit at least 15 Unesco Sites, 10 are fixed for the 1st half of 2012 and looking for more after Raya holiday.

2. To fly at least 3 new airlines and 3 new airports.

3. To maintain my silver status for QR's FFP.

4. To join any airport project after NDIA.

1 January 2012. We have finally arrived at the 'critical' year as some say the world is coming to an end this year. A bit of a reflection of my aviation resolutions since this thread was created:

2007 | Theme: Greediness/I Want It All/I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing | Result: 5/12 | 41.67%

2008 | Theme: Cost Saving | Result: 10.5/12 | 87.5%

2009 | Theme: Modesty but Still Ambitious and Challenging | Result: 5.5/13 | 42.31%

2010 | Theme: Quality over Quantity | Result: 8/11 | 72.73%

2011 | Theme: Change | Result: 10/16 | 62.5%

I may return back to school in 2012, so I am going to be a cheapskate again. And didn't I tell you that I have left Saudi Arabia after living there for 3 years? Therefore, the theme for 2012's aviation resolution is 'Basic'.

As a commercial passenger, I have listed 11 resolutions to be fulfilled in 2012, as follows:

2. To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible (if any). This is a repeat of 2010's and 2011's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

3. To fly in a premium cabin at least on 1 sector. A default resolution.

4. To keep a healthy activity in ANY of my frequent flyer program accounts - MH's Enrich, KLM's Flying Blue, SQ's KrisFlyer and EK's Skywards. A default resolution.

5. To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. 2 of my FFPs are having expiring miles in 2012 - Enrich with 9,846 miles and KrisFlyer with 11,514 miles.

6. To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight or attending an air show). A default resolution.

7. To perform any of the FlightMemory-list flights. A default resolution.

8. To fly domestically in Malaysia. Also should my relocation plan prevails, a domestic flight in that particular country is essential as well.

9. To fly the best airline which provide value for my money for all flights. Emphasized on 'value' and 'my money'. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.

10. To visit at least 3 new countries. A repeat of 2011's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

11. To fly aboard MH's A380.

There, 11 aviation resolutions for 2012 and almost all of them are core matters for enthusiasts like us, nothing fancy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 TO ALL MALAYSIANWINGS MEMBERS

Not much for me this year,only this one:

- To fly to any domestic destinations at least once.

Hope that this year resolution will be fulfilled.

1H 2012 result. Should be better than MH's I hope LOL!

As a commercial passenger, I have listed 11 resolutions to be fulfilled in 2012, as follows:

2. To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible (if any). This is a repeat of 2010's and 2011's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

3. To fly in a premium cabin at least on 1 sector. A default resolution.

4. To keep a healthy activity in ANY of my frequent flyer program accounts - MH's Enrich, KLM's Flying Blue, SQ's KrisFlyer and EK's Skywards. A default resolution.

5. To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. 2 of my FFPs are having expiring miles in 2012 - Enrich with 9,846 miles and KrisFlyer with 11,514 miles.

6. To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight or attending an air show). A default resolution.

7. To perform any of the FlightMemory-list flights. A default resolution.

8. To fly domestically in Malaysia. Also should my relocation plan prevails, a domestic flight in that particular country is essential as well.

9. To fly the best airline which provide value for my money for all flights. Emphasized on 'value' and 'my money'. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.

10. To visit at least 3 new countries. A repeat of 2011's aviation resolution which did not come true. It has to be achieved for me to move on.

11. To fly aboard MH's A380.

There, 11 aviation resolutions for 2012 and almost all of them are core matters for enthusiasts like us, nothing fancy.

1. Ongoing. So far I have only managed to clock in 1 sector and 6,593 miles. Not sure if this resolution would be accomplished this year due to my current status as a full time student. Nevertheless, a few more flights have been booked and hopefully the numbers will be improved.

2. Ongoing. This resolution is 25% completed thanks to my relocation flight to the UK, KUL-LHR on 4 February 2011 with MH 2. The journey was documented too. http://www.malaysian...showtopic=17527

3. Ongoing. Looking for a generous fare saving to fulfill this one.

4. Accomplished. My FFPs activities during the period are as follows:

FFP30June2012.png

Looking good. I do not expect any movement for Flying Blue and Skywards as the existing/part of the miles in these accounts will only expire on 31 March 2013 and 31 January 2013 respectively.

5. Accomplished. All expiring miles in 2012 (9,846 Enrich miles and 11,514 Krisflyer miles) have successfully being redeemed. I burnt 25,500 Enrich miles for a one way KUL-LHR flight in Economy Class flight MH 2 on 4 February 2012 and 34,850 Krisflyer miles for a return ticket BCN-GRU-BCN in Economy Class flight SQ 67/68 in December 2012.

6. Ongoing. Honestly, I do not have any events in my mind that I could personally attending at the moment, mostly due to conflicting schedules with my studies and part time job. Missed a lot of events that I have been eyeing during the period - MH A380 inaugural flights from either KUL or LHR, MalaysianWings 7th anniversary in BKK, BMI's Jubilee flight on 5 April 2012 and I won't be around for the upcoming Farnborough Airshow 2012 on 14-15 July either, but I will think of something. Any MW members in the UK who are in the know of some events do not hesitate to inform them to me.

7. Ongoing. The missing flights from my Flightmemory list can only be done if I return to KUL before the end of the year.

8. Ongoing. Hopefully to be able to fly domestically in Malaysia should I return for a break. Also since I am now have been relocating to the UK, a domestic flight here is in the pipeline as well.

9. Accomplished. All flights flown during the period (well, I only have 1 flight anyway) have been purchased using the formula of prudent spending and value for money first and foremost.

10. Accomplished. The most successful resolution, I managed to add in 5 new countries during the period:

Belgium (Brussels in March and April 2012)

DSC00670.jpg

Luxembourg (in March and April 2012)

DSC00683.jpg

Switzerland (Lauterbrunnen in March, April, May and June 2012 and Interlaken in May and June 2012)

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

Bella Italia (Venezia, Roma and Pisa in May and June 2012)

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

The Vatican (in May and June 2012)

DSC01459.jpg

On top of that, I also returned to 5 previously visited countries:

France (Paris in March, April, May and June 2012)

DSC01707.jpg

The Netherlands (Amsterdam and Volendam in March, April, May and June 2012)

DSC00626.jpg

Germany (Heidelberg and Fussen in May and June 2012)

DSC00972.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

Austria (Innsbruck in May and June 2012)

DSC01249.jpg

And of course my new base since February 2012, the United Kingdom.

DSC00563.jpg

11. Ongoing. MH A380 is now a reality since yesterday so hopefully I will get a chance to fly on it to get back to KUL soon.

I also managed to meet 2 MalaysianWings members in person, Keno Omar in Luxembourg twice and in London once, and HC Chai in London.

Couldn't be happier!

There you go, 4 resolutions accomplished by mid year. Gearing towards ticking off more by year end.

12. Ongoing. With 4 aircraft now in the active fleet (MXA - MXD), I hope the chances to bump into one is higher.

13. Ongoing. Same case, with 4 aircraft now in the active fleet (MTA - MTD), I hope the chances to bump into one is higher before the year end.

14. Ongoing. Still no flight recorded with AK throughout my entire lifetime, I hope I have time to allocate for this resolution.

15. Ongoing. My Earth circumnavigation on 1 January 2011 was 9.36 times. On 30 June 2011, it is now 9.38 times. A little progress here due to the 2 flights totaling 402 miles recorded during the period.

16. Ongoing. My journey to the Moon is now 97.8% completed. At the beginning of the year, the journey was 97.6% completed. So a little progress here also due to the 2 flights totaling 402 miles recorded during the period.

So folks, only 1 out of 16 resolutions was accomplished during the first half of 2011. Hopefully, more catches are in store for me during the next half.

well MAR

this is mine

Earth Circumnavigation 6.80 x Distance to the Moon 0.709 x Distance to the Sun

0.0018 x

Far from what you've achieved. Congratulations, hope the remaining 3% to the moon can be achieved before year end.

MXA - MXD, I've flown on XB XC XE XF XH but none on MT series.....

The remaining 3% has been achieved last year.

15. Accomplished. My Earth circumnavigation on 31 December 2011 is 10.21 times. The 10 times mark was achieved upon completing my 237th flight, KUL-CPT on 26 October 2011.

16. Accomplished. My journey to the Moon is also completed. The milestone was achieved upon completing my 238th flight, CPT-KUL on 31 October 2011.

FM31Dec2011.png

You were referring to my 2011's resolutions. My 2012's resolutions and its progress as at 30 June 2012 can be found in reply #120.

Less than a month before 2012 leaves us. Hopefully all resolutions are ticked.

Meanwhile, the thread is collecting resolutions for 2013 from all members.

Well,for me: Managed to fly (again) for SBW-KCH-SBW sector.Probably for 2013;It's gonna be SBW-JHB alongside my family to attend my youngest brother convocation at UTM Skudai.

Feb 2013:

SIN - KCH - SIN on MI

SIN - PEN - SIN on MI

Mar 2013:

SIN - KCH - SIN on MH

Apr 2013:

SIN - CDG - GVA - AMS - LHR - SIN (airline undecided)

Cranfield UK to renew SEP/MEP/IR

Jul 2013:

SIN - KL - SIN (airline undecided)

2014:

Cranfield UK for FI course

Edited by alberttky