MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Your Aviation New Year Resolutions

30 June seems perfect to update on my half yearly progress. It was a SLOW and BAD year as far as my aviation resolutions are concerned.

So for 2009, as a commercial passenger, I have listed 13 resolutions to be fulfilled:

• To break my record of flying on 53 sectors (achieved in 2007) and 50,677 miles (achieved in 2008).
  • To perform at least one return long haul journey on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible.
  • To fly at least one sector a month.
  • To pursue flying in First Class for the first time. This resolution has been brought forward in its 3rd year and still not being achieved. I believe it's high time to fulfil it once and for all. Considering MH only offers F on the B744s only, and the nearest destination (which also probably the cheapest) which is served by the B744s from KUL is TPE, so I am envisaging...
  • To qualify as a Gold Enrich member from my current Silver, while keeping a healthy activities in my KLM's Flying Blue, Emirates' Skywards and SQ's KrisFlyer accounts.
  • To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs.
  • To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight). I hope Capt. Nik H has something stored for us in 2009.
  • To fly on all type of aircrafts in MH's fleet, MASwings excluded.
  • To only fly MH for domestic flights in Malaysia.
  • To fly domestically in Saudi Arabia.
  • To fly the best airline which provide '
  • To qualify as a Platinum holder of CIMB Enrich MasterCard credit card from my current Gold. Platinum MW member should use Platinum credit card, right?
  • To visit at least 2 new countries. Being a little greedy this year.

So far for 2009:

1. ONGOING. But probably slim chances to break the records as I only managed to clock in so far 5 sectors and 9,959 miles in 2009. Talked to Airpearl the other day and his immediate response was "5 flights? That's so sad!" More flying oportunities are coming in the second half of the year I hope.

2. ONGOING. Half of the resolution has been fulfilled when I flew KUL-DXB on 29 March 2009, on a personal expense. I also completed another return long haul journey, KUL-JED-KUL but it was paid by the company.

3. NOT ACHIEVED. Probably the most difficult resolution to achieve, I failed to fly on at least 1 sector a month. My flying breakdown at the moment:

January - 2 flights

February - 1 flight

March - 2 flights

April - NONE

May - NONE

June - NONE

The main reason for the failure is mainly contributed by my changing work routine, where I don't have to travel as frequent as before be it domestically in Saudi Arabia or abroad.

4. ONGOING. A plan has been arranged to achieve this 3 years-dragged resolution once and for all. My only challenge is the time.

5. ONGOING. But slim chances as well. I only managed to record so far 4,388 elite miles, way from 50,000 which is needed to be upgraded to Enrich Gold. As a matter of fact, I may lose my Silver status this year, if I failed to record 25,000 miles. So we'll see. On the other hand, all my 4 FFPs recorded active transactions for the first 6 months in 2009.

6. ONGOING. Almost fulfilled as the miles have been redeemed from one of my FFP, I just hope nothing will come out at the last minute to forbid me from embarking on the journey. I am also planning to make another redemption from another FFP account too, as around 20,000 miles from that account will expire by 31 December 2009.

7. ONGOING. Again, slim chances. In 2009, so far, I missed out on flying on the inaugural A333 SQ flights SIN-KUL-SIN in March, the inaugural B772/B77W KLM flights KUL-CGK-KUL in late March and the 'A Night to Remember' event organised by MAScharters in May, all of which I have been eyeing at and surely have been participated should I was in the country. Hopefully there will be at least an inaugural flight that I could embark on during the time I am back as there's nothing much here in KSA as far as this resolution is concerned.

8. ONGOING. 1 down - A332, 5 more to go. We'll see how it goes.

9. ONGOING. No domestic flight in Malaysia at the moment. Hopefully will be able to do a few that I have planned before. Again, the main challenge is the time.

10. ACHIEVED. I flew JED-RUH-JED in January and it was a satisfying trip. Will probably do a few more before the end of the year.

11. ACHIEVED. I flew KUL-DXB in March and it was the best deal that I managed to grab at that time, although it was a bit on the expensive side.

12. ONGOING. While I qualified for the Platinum credit card on paper, I have yet to make any application to CIMB Bank for the upgrade, simply because I am away. Will probably initiate something by email soon.

13. ONGOING. No new country so far, but we'll see soon.

I pray that the Lord will be a little kind to me in the second half, so that I could fulfill as many resolutions as planned. My main problem is the TIME, I don't have enough/suitable time to go out and fly (I am working 6 days a week except on Friday, annual leave is arranged differently here, no public holiday whatsoever throughout the year until Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Aidiladha and the Saudi's National Day [23 September], all of which congregated at the end of the year). Wish me luck!

My "aviation" new year resolution is to fly more different airlines.

Hi guys, another 2 months to go so have you been on budget? Er...I mean on target? :p

I have been traveling less this year due to wife is pregnant with our second child, expected to deliver in January next year. Both my wife and I are avid travelers and we have been traveling extensively before this - SIN, SZX, HKG and TPE last year alone. The Taipei trip we actually backpack. We are currently planning our trip(s) for next year. :p

Back to the topic, I only did the Perth trip back in September. My first trip down under and my first flight on D7's A333. A memorable trip thanks to MIR and MIN's assistance and company during my stay there.

On the other hand, I'm glad that I have been accepted into A.net and thanks to Uncle Norman for his marvelous guide and others' help and advice. I have always wanted to be accepted as one of the photographer there. Currently I have 18 photos accepted but I don't think I can expect 50 by the end of the year. :p Anyway, this is a bonus for me.

My first trip to LIMA since 1991 is on course, too.

Anyway, overall for me it has been a rather quiet year in terms of traveling but hopefully it will be a better year next year.

So Waiping did you achieve your resolution? To fly more different airlines could be MH, AK and D7 - that's pretty good I guess. Congratulation to have made it Down Under. Australia is a very nice place to visit, isn't it? Now you remind me of my first trip Down Under (to the Gold Coast and Brisbane) aboard D7's inaugural flight back in November 2007.

My progress since the last update made on 30 June 2009 is NONE! This year's case is very serious LOL!

It's a week left before we welcome 2010. I am inviting all members who participated in 2009 to update on their resolutions' status.

Everyone is also welcome to post their 2010 'aviation resolutions'. Be ambitious and fierce, like Tony Fernandes or Lady Gaga LOL!

Many wishes among them are :-

1) LCCT to be given a new name, new branding

2) New LCCT should be completed on time

3) KUL should see new airlines and increased services from

a)MIHIN LANKA

b)AIR FRANCE

c)VIRGIN AUSTRALIA

4) Improved cleaning services at KLIA toilets

5) High quality detergents for the toilet washing and maintenance at KLIA

6) Penang to have a newer or bigger terminal

7) KLIA Ekspress / Transit to end its monopoly of charging crazy prices for a trip to KLIA

8) Malaysia Airlines to have a huge order of wide bodied aircrafts (77W/A350 perhaps)

9) To promote other smaller airports in Malaysia; eg KUA, IPH and etc rather than focussing only on others.

10)Air Fares to be much much cheaper and affordable to Malaysian standards

And many more....

Danke !!

my aviation new year resolution this year is to stay in doha to complete the new doha airport project...our handover is due june 2010...and i really really want to visit Cyprus and Lubnan

What I did in 2009...

1. Work- I'm still in in Doha, still alive and kicking. The handover for the New Doha International Airport is now postponed to July 2011, by March 2011 our package should be completed totally, so all of us here are working our a** off to complete this mega project on time.

2. Travel - I didn't get to visit both Cyprus and Lebanon but did the Eastern-Europe- double- whammy- trip last September, Prague and Kracow and it was fun. Managed to cover Istanbul, Solo, Jogjakarta, Bangkok and Siem Reap as well to the growing list of new cities I've visited this year.

3. Aviation - Flew with 4 new airlines this year, Turkish Airlines, Fly Dubai, Tiger Air and JetStar Asia.

My safety cards collections has reached its 45th airlines this year and I started this year with 34 airlines. 9 new airlines so far.

Resolution for 2010 would be simple

1. To stay healthy and complete the project till the end, hope to fly with A380 this year and to watch French Open 2010 in Paris this June ( I hope that Nadal will reclaim the Rolland Garros title this 6th June 2010).

Edited by Fairul

Ok, for 2010 I would really love to :-

1. Fly downunder again. Maybe will get the chance come March due to company trip to Gold Coast. This trip was delayed since Sept.

2. Fly to TPE again with friends, also in March. If there is a clash between this trip and the Gold Coast trip, would go for the Gold Coast trip instead.

3. Fly to Korea with wife.

4. Maybe Hong Kong again hopefully on SQ A380.

5. If got extra cash will try to fly JAL SIN - KUL.

With the above planning hopefully can add KE/OZ/JL airlines to my list of tried airliners, and A321 (OZ) and A380 (SQ) as aircraft flown before.

Many wishes among them are :-

1) LCCT to be given a new name, new branding

2) New LCCT should be completed on time

3) KUL should see new airlines and increased services from

a)MIHIN LANKA

b)AIR FRANCE

c)VIRGIN AUSTRALIA

4) Improved cleaning services at KLIA toilets

5) High quality detergents for the toilet washing and maintenance at KLIA

6) Penang to have a newer or bigger terminal

7) KLIA Ekspress / Transit to end its monopoly of charging crazy prices for a trip to KLIA

8) Malaysia Airlines to have a huge order of wide bodied aircrafts (77W/A350 perhaps)

9) To promote other smaller airports in Malaysia; eg KUA, IPH and etc rather than focussing only on others.

10)Air Fares to be much much cheaper and affordable to Malaysian standards

And many more....

Danke !!

Wow Kuhan, that's so unselfish of you. None are personal resolutions but more of your hope towards the general aviation scene in Malaysia.

Resolution for 2010 would be simple

1. To stay healthy and complete the project till the end, hope to fly with A380 this year and to watch French Open 2010 in Paris this June ( I hope that Nadal will reclaim the Rolland Garros title this 6th June 2010).

Would you mind telling us which A380's service that you are eyeing at? EK announced an A380 service DXB-CDG vv very recently.

Ok, for 2010 I would really love to :-

1. Fly downunder again. Maybe will get the chance come March due to company trip to Gold Coast. This trip was delayed since Sept.

2. Fly to TPE again with friends, also in March. If there is a clash between this trip and the Gold Coast trip, would go for the Gold Coast trip instead.

3. Fly to Korea with wife.

4. Maybe Hong Kong again hopefully on SQ A380.

5. If got extra cash will try to fly JAL SIN - KUL.

With the above planning hopefully can add KE/OZ/JL airlines to my list of tried airliners, and A321 (OZ) and A380 (SQ) as aircraft flown before.

1. OMG, the Gold Coast is so fun, you are going to have a blast!

2. Are you planning to fly AK's new BKI-TPE vv service?

5. I am afraid the JL SIN-KUL vv flight won't be around anymore beginning 17 January 2010, following the suspension of KUL service from KIX. It was mentioned previously in this thread. http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13188

1. OMG, the Gold Coast is so fun, you are going to have a blast!

2. Are you planning to fly AK's new BKI-TPE vv service?

5. I am afraid the JL SIN-KUL vv flight won't be around anymore beginning 17 January 2010, following the suspension of KUL service from KIX. It was mentioned previously in this thread. http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13188

17 Jan eh...guess it's too late for that now. :(

31 December 2009. It's time for the year end reporting.

I set 13 aviation resolutions to be fulfilled in 2009, as follows:

So for 2009, as a commercial passenger, I have listed 13 resolutions to be fulfilled:

• To break my record of flying on 53 sectors (achieved in 2007) and 50,677 miles (achieved in 2008).
  • To perform at least one return long haul journey on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible.
  • To fly at least one sector a month.
  • To pursue flying in First Class for the first time. This resolution has been brought forward in its 3rd year and still not being achieved. I believe it's high time to fulfil it once and for all. Considering MH only offers F on the B744s only, and the nearest destination (which also probably the cheapest) which is served by the B744s from KUL is TPE, so I am envisaging...
  • To qualify as a Gold Enrich member from my current Silver, while keeping a healthy activities in my KLM's Flying Blue, Emirates' Skywards and SQ's KrisFlyer accounts.
  • To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs.
  • To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight). I hope Capt. Nik H has something stored for us in 2009.
  • To fly on all type of aircrafts in MH's fleet, MASwings excluded.
  • To only fly MH for domestic flights in Malaysia.
  • To fly domestically in Saudi Arabia.
  • To fly the best airline which provide 'value for my money' for international sector. Emphasized on value and my money.
  • To qualify as a Platinum holder of CIMB Enrich MasterCard credit card from my current Gold. Platinum MW member should use Platinum credit card, right?
  • To visit at least 2 new countries. Being a little greedy this year.

The results:

1. NOT ACHIEVED. I clocked in only 15 sectors and 33,301 miles in 2009. The sectors' count is the lowest since 2004 but the miles flown is the third best I ever achieved in a complete calendar year, after 2008 and 2007. The average miles per flight flown at 2,220 miles is also the highest I ever achieved in a complete calendar year - a consolation.

2. ACHIEVED. I did 2 return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours); AUH-SIN-AUH and KUL-LHR-KUL on a personal expense. I also completed 1.5 return long haul journeys, KUL-JED-KUL and KUL-DXB but they were paid by the company.

3. NOT ACHIEVED. Probably the most difficult resolution to achieve, I failed to fly on at least 1 sector a month. My flying breakdown for 2009 is as follows:

January - 2 flights
    February - 1 flight
    March - 2 flights
    April - NONE
    May - NONE
    June - NONE
    July - NONE
    August - NONE
    September - NONE
    October - NONE
    November - 3 flights
    December - 7 flights

The main reason for the failure is because of my changing work routine, where I don't have to travel as frequent as before.

4. ACHIEVED. After 3 years of planning, I finally flew aboard the First Class cabin of Malaysia Airlines on their flagship route KUL-LHR on 2 December 2009. It is the sweetest resolution conquest todate and the entire journey was documented in this thread. http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13689

5. NOT ACHIEVED/ACHIEVED. I only managed to record 4,388 elite miles, way from 50,000 miles which is needed to be upgraded to Enrich Gold. On the other hand, all my 4 FFPs recorded active transactions in 2009. Year end miles balance in the FFP accounts are as follows:

Malaysia Airlines' Enrich (Silver) - 92,584 miles
    KLM's Flying Blue (Ivory) - 53,595 miles
    Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer (Blue) - 21,028 miles
    Emirates' Skywards (Blue) - 9,933 miles

6. ACHIEVED. I redeemed 50,000 Enrich miles for a mixed class ticket KUL-LHR-KUL on 1 December 2009 and the journey went on uneventfully. I also redeemed 11,250 KrisFlyer miles for a return Economy Class ticket KUL-SIN-DPS-SIN-KUL on 26 May 2009. However, I couldn't perform the trip at the very last minute but luckily the miles have been safely credited back into the account. I documented the whole experience in this thread beginning from reply #60. http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9498

7. NOT ACHIEVED. In 2009, I missed out on flying on the inaugural A333 SQ flights SIN-KUL-SIN in March, the inaugural B772/B77W KLM flights KUL-CGK-KUL in late March and the 'A Night to Remember' event organised by MAS Charters in May, all of which I have been eyeing at and surely have been participated should I was in the country. The closest I got to achieve this resolution was registering myself as one of the trade visitor of LIMA 2009 but I couldn't make it in the end due to time constraint.

Lima09.jpg

8. NOT ACHIEVED. I only flew on 2 types of MH's aircrafts in 2009 - the Airbus 330-200 and Boeing 747-400 - from only 3 flights with them.

9. NOT ACHIEVED. From the only 3 flights I flown with MH in 2009, all were international sectors, none domestic.

10. ACHIEVED. I flew JED-RUH-JED in January 2009 and it was a satisfying trip. My earlier plan was to fly to Dammam (DMM) and Madinah (MED) too to add more weight to this resolution, but I was out of resources to do so.

11. ACHIEVED. From 15 flights performed in 2009, 12 were self-paid trips and all were purchased using the formula 'the best value for my money'.

12. NOT ACHIEVED. Nothing being done about this resolution actually. While I qualified for the Platinum credit card on paper, the recent credit card service tax that was announced during Budget 2010 and the fact that I am not quite interested in earning Enrich miles anymore, somewhat making me to consider whether to keep this credit card or not.

13. NOT ACHIEVED. No new country at all visited in 2009. However, I did visited (considering Saudi Arabia as my base) Malaysia, the UAE, Singapore, the UK and the Netherlands.

So, in all, I achieved 5.5 over 13 in 2009 = 42.31% (PASS) LOL! Seriously, it was a tough year with the changing of work routine on top of the fact that I was almost entirely domiciled in the KSA throughout where arrangement to travel abroad is very troublesome and not enjoyable at all. But still, we need to keep on flying and I guess I had came out with the best effort and resources to fulfill as many resolutions as I can in 2009.

1 January 2010. A bit of a reflection of my aviation resolutions since this thread was created:

2007 | Theme: Greediness/I Want It All/I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing | Result: 5/12 | 41.67%

2008 | Theme: Cost Saving | Result: 10.5/12 | 87.5%

2009 | Theme: Modesty but Still Ambitious and Challenging | Result: 5.5/13 | 42.31%

Based on the pattern, looks like 2010 is going to be a good year LOL! After much thought, I think for 2010, the theme is 'Quality over Quantity'. Yes, that should be intesting to pursue for the next 12 months.

Therefore for 2010, as a commercial passenger, I have listed 10 resolutions to be fulfilled, as follows:

• To break my record of flying on 53 sectors (achieved in 2007) and 50,677 miles (achieved in 2008) in a single calendar year. This one will be a default resolution every year.
  • To perform at least two (2) return long haul journeys (flight time of more than 7 hours) on a personal expense. Company paid trips will not be eligible. Up from 1 return journey in 2009 - giving myself a bit of a challenge.
  • To fly in a premium cabin. This is an entirely new resolution inspired by the recent experience aboard MH's First Class cabin. I just make it general, so it could be MH's Business Class, MH's First Class, SQ's Suite, SQ's First Class, SQ's Business Class, EK's First Class or EK's Business Class, for example.
  • To keep a healthy activities in all my MH's Enrich, KLM's Flying Blue, SQ's KrisFlyer and EK's Skywards FFP accounts. A default resolution.
  • To make a miles redemption from any of my 4 FFPs. A total of 41,696 Enrich miles will be expiring by 31 December 2010, so I might make some redemptions should there is an interesting offer from MH. However, I have the option of extending the miles for another year with little fee. My Flying Blue miles will be expiring beginning August 2011, so there's no need to be worried. The same goes for my KrisFlyer miles which will be expiring in 2 years time but a total of 3,411 Skywards miles will start expiring by 31 January 2011 - maybe something should be done about this.
  • To involve in a special aviation related event (such as an inaugural flight). Very determined with this one this year after multiple failures in 2009. There are 2 events that I have been keeping a close watch at the moment, hopefully it will materialised.
  • To perform any of the *FlightMemory-list flights. *This is some craziness that I have developed since joining FlightMemory that I want to round up all flights performed so far so that the numbers of the routings, airports' pairings and airlines flown are even. Therefore, I have to perform a few flights to satisfy this very wierd yet disturbing matter in my head. There are 41 flights (!!!) to be performed by the way but it is not urgent. A fulfilment of 1 flight from this list would be satisfying though.
  • To fly domestically in Saudi Arabia. A default resolution as long as I remain in Saudi Arabia.
  • To fly the best airline which provide 'value for my money' for all flights. Emphasized on 'value' and 'my money'. A default resolution to promote self prudent spending.
  • To visit at least 2 new countries. A repeat of 2009's resolution that does not come true. I have to visit 2 new countries to move on.

That might do it. Of all, wish me luck.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 TO ALL MALAYSIANWINGS MEMBERS

I always forgotten something.

Resolution no. 11 - To finally fly aboard an A380 for the first time. Will it be SQ's or EK's? I can't wait to surprise myself.

So folks, 11 aviation resolutions for 2010 altogether. Now I can sleep tightly.

For year 2009,i did not travelling anywhere for the entire year :sorry: But to compensate that,i've been actively spotting (despite that i seldom going to the airport)

For this year (2010),my resolutions are:

1. 1.To fly onboard MASwings DHC-6-300 Twin Otter,Fokker 50 & ATR 72-500!
  2. 2.To spot MH B737-800 @ SBW!

And not to forget,to meet more MWings members too (I'm inviting you guys who haven't went to Sibu)

Let's hope that the resolution is fully carried out this year!

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I did not make a resolution for 2009, but was glad that I managed to visit 3 new countries (Czech Republic, Iceland and Greenland), flew on 7 different airlines (5 of which were my first), and returned home twice.

My travel/aviation resolutions for 2010:

1. To travel during long weekends from LUX to at least 2 European countries that I have not been to. Top priority includes Malta (Air Malta from FRA/BRU) and Finland (Ryanair from HHN).

2. To return to KUL in Aug/Sep for Raya. Ideally I prefer it to be on KLM but would most likely end up with MAS SuperSaver KUL-FRA. It would be great to finally give A380 a try on CDG-DXB-KUL, but I hate connecting at midpoint when flying Europe-KUL, so I guess my first A380 experience would have to wait a bit more.

3. To travel longhaul during Christmas break, currently eyeing on Antarctica as first choice. Preferrably on a SkyTeam airline, i.e. Air Europa or Air France CDG/MAD-EZE, connecting to LAN or Aerolineas AEP/EZE-USH, then cruise/sailing to the 7th continent. This is by far my most ambitious travel resolution to date, so wish me luck!

3. To travel longhaul during Christmas break, currently eyeing on Antarctica as first choice. Preferrably on a SkyTeam airline, i.e. Air Europa or Air France CDG/MAD-EZE, connecting to LAN or Aerolineas AEP/EZE-USH, then cruise/sailing to the 7th continent. This is by far my most ambitious travel resolution to date, so wish me luck!

Killer!

I did not achieve my 2009 New Year Resolutions... but I did managed to fly to Dili, Tilor Leste, courtesy of MAS Charter.

As for 2010... I'm still thinking of one.

Thanks to Azizul for motivating me on the aviation resolutions

Ok, just some quick updates :-

1. Fly downunder again. Maybe will get the chance come March due to company trip to Gold Coast. This trip was delayed since Sept. Pending - Not going for March trip due to father having surgery the same month.

2. Fly to TPE again with friends, also in March. If there is a clash between this trip and the Gold Coast trip, would go for the Gold Coast trip instead. - On target. Not in March but have booked tickets for Oct/Nov.

3. Fly to Korea with wife. - Pending.

4. Maybe Hong Kong again hopefully on SQ A380. - On target. 16 May - 22 May.

5. If got extra cash will try to fly JAL SIN - KUL. - Not in service anymore.

Ok, just some quick updates :-

5. If got extra cash will try to fly JAL SIN - KUL. - Not in service anymore.

Part of the reason for #5 is to try other airlines' level of service. I have booked return flight KUL - CGK next month on KLM and KUL - HKG in Sept on CX. Both my first on those airlines. :yahoo:

Wishing you a safe and relaxed trip on KLM !!!

Depending on the day you fly, it will either be a 772 or 77W :pardon: (hopefully Skyteam c/s)...

Part of the reason for #5 is to try other airlines' level of service. I have booked return flight KUL - CGK next month on KLM and KUL - HKG in Sept on CX. Both my first on those airlines.

Talk about 'recovery plan' hey Waiping LOL. Have fun with KLM and CX!

Talk about 'recovery plan' hey Waiping LOL. Have fun with KLM and CX!

:D

Wishing you a safe and relaxed trip on KLM !!!

Depending on the day you fly, it will either be a 772 or 77W :pardon: (hopefully Skyteam c/s)...

Uncle Pieter, looking forward to another exciting experience on KLM. :good:

Initially when I did the booking it was listed as 772 both ways, but after that when I select the seats the KUL - CGK sector seems to be serviced by 77W whereas the return a 772.

Trying to arrange KUL - BKK in end Oct, anyone?

Edited by Waiping

Trying to arrange KUL - BKK in end Oct, anyone?

Which airline? Obviously the contenders are LH (Lufthansa) and RJ (Royal Jordanian).

Which airline? Obviously the contenders are LH (Lufthansa) and RJ (Royal Jordanian).

Huh, I was looking at LH. Maybe will check RJ soon. Thanks for the info.

My new year's resolution was to never fly on international trips in economy again from July 1 (unless absolutely necessary, eg, having a travelling companion who cannot afford to fly in business). All my flights for the first half of the year had been booked in 2009, which was why it had to start from July 1. As you can see from my sig, I think I'll be keeping to those resolutions pretty nicely! :drinks: