MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

AK A320 in MH Hangar

would like to experience a 4.2G landing with AK one day.... :pardon: ;)

A TR here would be immensely appreciated :)

would like to experience a 4.2G landing with AK one day.... :pardon: ;)

:D

4.2 G is dangerous , assuming someone weight is 70 KG , 70KG X 4.2 = 294 KG

a F1 driver experience around 4 G when they r braking or etc , someone that is not healthy can pass out easily at that amount of G force

Edited by Louis L.

A TR here would be immensely appreciated :)

a TR eehh, no problemmm.. ;)

:D

4.2 G is dangerous , assuming someone weight is 70 KG , 70KG X 4.2 = 294 KG

a F1 driver experience around 4 G when they r braking or etc , someone that is not healthy can pass out easily at that amount of G force

no worry Louis, paxs and crew of that particular AK flight survived, what... :lol:

Edited by Victor A.

Talking about hangars, anybody know why Austrian 772 and (I think ) Jet 738 (?, plus other third parties' 737s) are in the MH hangars at KUL? Has part of third party MRO moved from SZB?

Talking about hangars, anybody know why Austrian 772 and (I think ) Jet 738 (?, plus other third parties' 737s) are in the MH hangars at KUL? Has part of third party MRO moved from SZB?

that's the second Austria B772 going for MRO and Jet Airways B738 is the third to undergo MRO with MH.

just when we thought everything was over, another one came in this afternoon..overweight landing! heh.

Wow..... whats the rego involved?? Hope its not the drunkard Whiskey

How many G's this time around??? :pardon:

AFO

Landed overweight because of emergency or the bus driver miscalculated fuel upload? What was the incident? Didn’t have time for emergency dump fuel?

At least they landed safely. :good:

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

AFO

Damn, i thought u said UFO hahahahhaa :rofl:

.. where they landed with about 13k worth of fuel. ..

Amazing who ordered the fuel. Aircraft usually land with 1 to 2 hours worth of fuel in KUL, so for a NB aircraft it will be 3 to 6 tonnes. Unless it was a RTB, of course.

BTW the 4.2 landing, I was told that was a world record for an A320. A 4.5 would've qualify as a crash landing.

Edited by Radzi

BTW the 4.2 landing, I was told that was a world record for an A320. A 4.5 would've qualify as a crash landing.

another record Malaysian should be proud of. :pardon: after all, this is BOLEHLAND, where nothing is impossible.

Amazing who ordered the fuel. Aircraft usually land with 1 to 2 hours worth of fuel in KUL, so for a NB aircraft it will be 3 to 6 tonnes. Unless it was a RTB, of course.

Another 'achievement'. Well done AK

a) Centre of Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) Airline of The Year Award

B) Commendations of Prestige Award from Macau

c) World Record for A320 Hard Landing at 4.2G

On a more serious note, anyone read or heard of any passenger side story of this hard landing?

sorry for giving wrong information, it was reported by the pilot that he thought he would have done an overweight landing where they landed with about 13k worth of fuel. after inspections were carried out, they've ruled out overweight landing.

Heard that AFQ return to base (RTB) due to cargo door opened in flight. Could this be the one?

i don't think it was opened as in fully open, most probably it was disarmed. sorry guys i have no additional news on this, everyone seemed to be tight-lipped.

i don't think it was opened as in fully open, most probably it was disarmed. sorry guys i have no additional news on this, everyone seemed to be tight-lipped.

If it was really fully open it will be an accident and be heard worldwide. Most probably it was just indication; however it is very good that the pilots didn't take any chance.

AFA left the hangar for the first time, i think he's back into service. Can anyone confirm?

img7823xu2.jpg

when for test flight at 1100 on the 29th and came back with no faults...expected to return to service soon in the next few days...

Nice to see her back in the skies , along with her other ' High G ' landing buddies which include AFS and AFU , which had lovely bouncy landings with high G second touch down .

I believe new procedures have been drafted to avoid these things from happening again .

Good good..all family members back in action again... :drinks: