MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

AK A320 in MH Hangar

I've posted this picture before in one of the Obs Hill thread.

AK320inMHhangarKLIA.jpg

Picture was taken on 31st Oct 2007. Anybody know why it was on MH hangar instead of AK's own hangar? After all, we know AK don't do regular maintenance with MH. Even if they do major checks it should be in SZB.

There are rumors circulating that it was due to "an incident". Can anybody, specially with AK, confirm or deny such an incident ever took place?

The lucky aircraft caught by youre most intrepid lens is 9M-AFS which had a heavy landing incident at KUL.Was flown by ACPTS and student with student at the controls during the incident.had to do a total maintainance check to the aircraft structure.

the incident is caused during a training session, when the instructor failed to react during a hard landing by a junior, damaging the landing gears...

Edited by adrianqcs

the incident is caused during a training session, when the instructor failed to react during a hard landing by a junior, damaging the landing gears...

The Airbus FBW aircraft behaves differently than a conventional aircraft,ie the sidestick does not move when either CM1 or CM2 is handling the airplane.The incident occurred when the airplane was below 100 ft RA.I suggest to the above person to check all facts before coming to that conclusion.

There is 20 engineers that was sent to france for rating on the AIRBUS 320

Good indication the 320 family will be replacing the 737 at MH in upcoming fleet update ?

Good indication the 320 family will be replacing the 737 at MH in upcoming fleet update ?

..or that MAS E&M is expanding it's capabilities thereby enabling it to grow its third party maintenance work.

Edited by Sandeep G

..or that MAS E&M is expanding it's capabilities thereby enabling it to grow its third party maintenance work.

He is correct.As MAS is looking into getting extra $$$ from engineering work as well.

Heard AK made a new record on hard landing 4.2g, and the A320 is on jack at AK hanger.

Better strap tight on AK flight.

:drinks:

no use having engineers rated on the 320 or 330 or 380 if you don't have basic facilities to do conditional inspections in the hangar. that should answer your question on why it was in the MH hangar.

i believed the 20 engineers send for training in France were from MAS, correct Samsyuri? :pardon: because our friend was among the 20 engineers who was in France for the training.

4.72g KK, AFA. still there in the hangar, stripped and checks are still being carried out.

Wow 4.72g! Bet not many pax will forget this experience. :lol:

Guess by travelling on AK, we have a good chance to experience high g than paying thousand $ for a jet fighter experience. :p

Strap TIGHT and safe landing!

:drinks:

4.72g KK, AFA. still there in the hangar, stripped and checks are still being carried out.

How long has she been in the hangar already?

Wow 4.72g! Bet not many pax will forget this experience. :lol:

Guess by travelling on AK, we have a good chance to experience high g than paying thousand $ for a jet fighter experience. :p

I understand Captain Nik is already initializing MWings Subang Flying Session #2 ? What better opportunity to experience LCG's (low cost g's) ? :spiteful:

How long has she been in the hangar already?

incident happened about a week ago already, and it's still in there. i bet it's no windshear this time..

incident happened about a week ago already, and it's still in there. i bet it's no windshear this time..

Thats what happens when you get low average pilots from the flying schools.Also we can see here there is a complete failure in the training system,especially training dept,no proper instructional tech used and carriedout,,wrong tech used to teach student pilots in handling an aircraft,poor judgement by both PF and PNF.But at the end of the day,the Capt has to take the responsibility when the FO screws up her or his approach and landings.So far Ive flown with a few junior FOs and I find that some of their flying skills as well as tech not proper and needs guidance.

That sounds very serious Azmir. Potentially deadly serious :(

Would it be serious enough to bring the issue up to attention of relevant authorities, eg DCA ?

Azmir wrote

Thats what happens when you get low average pilots from the flying schools.Also we can see here there is a complete failure in the training system,especially training dept,no proper instructional tech used and carriedout,,wrong tech used to teach student pilots in handling an aircraft,poor judgement by both PF and PNF.But at the end of the day,the Capt has to take the responsibility when the FO screws up her or his approach and landings.So far Ive flown with a few junior FOs and I find that some of their flying skills as well as tech not proper and needs guidance.

That sounds very serious Azmir. Potentially deadly serious :(

Would it be serious enough to bring the issue up to attention of relevant authorities, eg DCA ?

Indeed very serious. But to generalise is not appropriate. As far as DCA is concerned, the boys are fully qualified and above minimum regulatory standard. However, minimum is not enough, and for that reason MAS has various programs they require the pilots to go through that are way above the minimum required. Thus MH minimum is way above DCA minimum. ( Which cost money ) Which is why MH pilots can generally walk into just about any airline that does not use skin color as a reference for employment. MH F/O can walk into other airlines and be employed as Captains.

I have mentioned this before here but a Red Lover got too excited and i did not want to put my point across as this is a casual aviation forum, not a serious technical one that's populated by experienced airline pilots.

There are many ex-DCA check Pilots who are now in AK. There are none in recent times that have been employed by MH. Don't you wonder why?

As to the incident, I'm sure there is proper incident investigation going on, both by the Regulators as well as in AK. But whether the findings will lead to better control of the situation is anyone's best guess.....

I understand Captain Nik is already initializing MWings Subang Flying Session #2 ? What better opportunity to experience LCG's (low cost g's) ? :spiteful:

Do a 60 degree AOB and all you'll get is a measly 2g.

In MH, your given 80 sectors to clear solo during your line training on the 73, in AK, after 6-8 sectors, u can solo. The max is 150 sectors to clear line training. The record is 69. If u clear before 100, you are really good. In AK, u usually clear around 70 sectors your line training. Dont get me wrong, i'm not saying AK has low standards, but after speaking to some of my AK freinds who just finish line training, its scary. Imagine, solo(Functional) after 8 sectors. Just imagine if the Capt had a heart attack ( a lot of AK captains are old ).....just scary