MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M. Sofian H.

AirAsia Want to Take Over Subang Airport!!!!!

Hey, SJ residents are shelfish. Traffic jam, noise pollution, so what? MH, FF so what.

The whole of Klang valley will benefit

AK-SZB is for a much greater good.

Inconvenience a few for the benefits of the masses (and a few more than others).............

Hey, SJ residents are shelfish. Traffic jam, noise pollution, so what? MH, FF so what.

The whole of Klang valley will benefit

AK-SZB is for a much greater good.

Inconvenience a few for the benefits of the masses (and a few more than others).............

Brother,Should be ''Selfish'' :pardon:

If i am in Fireflyz brand/marketing team, i'll start a very aggresive media campaign highlighting the benefits of flying Ex-SZB....this is the time to eat those tiny market shares all this while own by AK.....would be great if Fireflyz can have a couple more planes at the immediate term and start giving AK a run for their money.

If i am in AK Brand/Marketing team, i'll start a media/PR campaign highligting the immediate need for a new LCCT. They are doing it already but they need to do more. Daily newspaper report on how Singapore is becoming the region's hub for LCCT and Malaysia is losing bcoz of capacity in LCCT. All these plus some top level pressure by DAtuks and TF to the Govt to push the idea of AK oprating from SZB...

IMHO, AK should not freak out. Fireflyz has a long way to go before they can seriously challenge AK. AK should utilize on the advaantage of LCCT being its connectivity to other Intl flights, convinence shuttle to the City (ERL, and 9.99 shuttle), route network of AK connecting to ASEAN destinations. These factors alone will hinder Fireflyz strategy. AK brand team should use these rather than the recent marketing campaign focusing on LCCt being comfortable and NEW. Come on we all know LCCT is NEW but far from comfortable.

ahh too bad all MH, Fireflyz and AK rejected my CV when i applied for a brand/marketing job. Otherwise i would love to be in action.

My prediction:

1) MH will protest to the Govt saying that SZB should be for Turboprops only.

2) AK will continue to lobby.

3) Govt give way and allow limited AK flights from SZB

4) AK wants more...Passenger wants more....

5) Govt allow re-opening of SZB as LCCt airport...full operation

6) Fireflyz struggle and end up competing in Non-AK routes together with Berjaya

These will happen say in 2 years period. I don't see any rapid shange soon. We'll see..

This topic is getting out of way...include religion. Please keep it clean.

If you understood the play on words, no religion was ever discussed in this topic.

Politics is part and parcel of the game to snatch SZB.

As for the Subang jaya folks, they planted themselves there. Subang airport has been there years before land of United Estates Plantation was cleared for housing, and the runway alignment has been virtually the same. If SJ folks hate aircraft noise, hit themselves on the head for choosing to live right under the flight path.

When SZB is ready for AK, AK will ask for Sg. Besi ... <_<
u made my evening....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AK want to operate from subang, then LCCT become Cargo Centre!!!!!!!! STUP*D(habis duit rakyat develop LCCT for you before this!!!!!!!)

Sure PM Badawi will agree with AK plan.... since Datuk Kalimullah (PM best friend) now as AirAsia X Chairman (ex-nstp editor)... Again don't worry Ak will get what they want!!!!! alahai politik........

afterthis FireFly can operate on grass field at SMK Subang Jaya

I don't this politicking by Kalimullah...

BUT I SURE LIKE THE IDEA OF FIREFLY OPERATING FROM SMK SUBANG JAYA

Would be the most accessible school in Malaysia! Cool!

BUT I SURE LIKE THE IDEA OF FIREFLY OPERATING FROM SMK SUBANG JAYA

Would be the most accessible school in Malaysia! Cool!

As an alumni of SMKSJ, I greatly welcome the idea :drinks:

FROM BUSINESS TIMES ONLINE - the media blitz continues!!!!

AirAsia a key player in changing aviation landscape

Its low-cost structure and the volume of passengers it carries have enabled the airline to play a crucial part in reviving Malaysia’s sleepy secondary airports

BUDGET airline AirAsia Bhd, which began its operations in 2001, has played a crucial role in changing the aviation landscape, not only in Malaysia, but also in the region as well.

True to its tagline "Now everyone can fly", its low-cost business model has opened up a whole new market of air travellers, previously comprised mainly by the financially affluent, and subsequently contributed towards spurring tourism growth, both domestic and regional.

Its low-cost structure as well as the volume of passengers it carries, has also enabled the airline to operate domestic routes, deemed as unprofitable, and this has also played a crucial part in reviving Malaysia's sleepy secondary airports.

With its affordable airfare, almost everyone now is able to fly and this has brought in the much needed passenger traffic to these airports.

The airline has consistently been vocal about the positive impact low-cost carriers can have on not just energising airports where it operates, but also on the economy as a whole.

At its recent shareholders meeting, for example, AirAsia officials reiterated how it could reel in more revenue for the Sultan Abdul Aziz Airport in Subang if it receives the go-ahead from the government to relocate its present operations there.

Chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes pointed out that the huge passenger volume handled by AirAsia would be able to significantly stimulate economic activities within the former international airport, which currently earns around RM3 million in annual revenue.

"We are confident that with our presence in Subang, we will not only help bring in more revenue to the airport but also contribute towards making it a more business-driven and competitive regional airport," he told reporters after AirAsia's annual general meeting in Sepang last month.

The budget carrier has been lobbying to operate via Subang airport, much like community airline FireFly, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines (MAS), which had commenced operations from the airport since late October.

The airline is working on a proposal on the matter and hopes to submit it to the government soon.

AK should remain in LCCT - consider the transitting passengers having to travel all the way from KUL to SZB just to catch a connecting flight to their final destinations.

As for traffic congestion and noise issue, it has always been around for as long as I've lived in the area.

ok........ maybe ak won't be operating from subang ( just for instant or example) ....forget about this matter .

let say mh or any other airline for example SQ,CX and etc ( guys , i know this wont happen , so just assume:lol: ) ...will it triggers this much of dissatisfication among the public ( i mean some ) ????

or it is just someone or some of the public have prejudice on ak ???

guys , this is just something like survey , i have no intention in offensing anyone

PEACE :drinks:

Of course not. SZB will remain an airport designated for turbo propellers even though SQ or BA or UA want it to be open for them.

Enough is enough with the constant indecisiveness from the government's side. You have closed SZB, built the multi billion Ringgit KUL to replace it, demolished SZB's Terminal 1, approved A LOT of housing construction projects around SZB, gazetted SZB for turbo propeller only and now you want to open it back for jet operation?

That's back to square 1.

hahaha...agreed. THIS current government's indecisiveness is making things hard for everyone. Making a decision and then backing down.

KUL was built to replace SZB. period.

DO NOT move AK back - leave the turboprops in SZB for god's sake. KUL CANNOT lose out the critical mass of passengers moved by AK. IF the government follows TF's money making ideas, KUL will have to forget about being a hub (even a regional one).

hahaha...agreed. THIS current government's indecisiveness is making things hard for everyone. Making a decision and then backing down.

KUL was built to replace SZB. period.

DO NOT move AK back - leave the turboprops in SZB for god's sake. KUL CANNOT lose out the critical mass of passengers moved by AK. IF the government follows TF's money making ideas, KUL will have to forget about being a hub (even a regional one).

As long as the people in power can lay their fingers in the pie, anything can happen and will be extravagant regardless of economic value or return. If they can build aviation hub in every states, they will justify to have one hub for 5 star airlines and another hub for LCC in KL. With these, MAHB may able to get away from IATA’s accusation of unfair treatment at the same time.

Believe most travellers preferred to travel from SZB, cheaper, nearer, faster and more convenience.

:drinks:

If i am in Fireflyz brand/marketing team, i'll start a very aggresive media campaign highlighting the benefits of flying Ex-SZB....

They do that bro... found this on d way to LccT damn Funny.. got 3 version but i capture 2 saja.. :rofl: :rofl:

14xxzz1.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: thanks for the pic ibrahim :clapping: ....hahaha..but i guess tat is not aggresive enough ...

they should have said : " y hastle to LCCT ?? subang is just at ur doorstep :p " i mean for those klang valley ppl la ...hahaha

..... You have closed SZB, built the multi billion Ringgit KUL to replace it, demolished SZB's Terminal 1, approved A LOT of housing construction projects around SZB, gazetted SZB for turbo propeller only and now you want to open it back for jet operation?

That's back to square 1.

Now that is conclusive proof that everything in life occurs in a cyclic manner ! :)

My guess would be that AK needs to wait a little bit yet. Wait till plans for new RM1b+ LCCT at KUL finalized and construction contract signed. Then decide to accomodate the rakyat's (meaning all Malaysians minus Subang residents) preference for SZB's convenience as LCCT hub, new development plans and new RM?b construction project. In the meantime, cancel new LCCT contract at KUL and claim monetary compensation from gahmen :)

..... your foresight! hahaha

Foresight is overly flattering - "been there, seen it being done" would be much nearer the mark !! :)

Clever and witty though the advert may be, I wonder how JKR will view their logo being used in such manner ?

I still don't see why they would want to operate from SZB ,

It will be so congested with a single runway and single direction for landing and where are they going to be putting their busses for the night with so many coming .

On top of that , SZB is so so so run down ..

I have my doubts on whether SZB has got what it takes ...

Bagi betis hendakkan peha, bila diberi peha mahu seluruh badan.

Thats AK.

Sign in to follow this