MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M. Sofian H.

AirAsia Want to Take Over Subang Airport!!!!!

AirAsia Keen To Operate From Subang Airport

SEPANG, Nov 22 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd is keen to operate from the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport at Subang, a move that it says will enhance business and make the airport more competitive regionally.

AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes said today the company will do the necessary to help develop Subang airport.

It will be a good idea for the government to allow AirAsia to operate from Subang Airport, he told reporters after the company's annual general meeting here.

AirAsia had, among others, suggested that it too be allowed to operate from Subang just like community airline FireFly, a subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines (MAS).

Yesterday, Air Asia X chairman Datuk Seri Kalimullah Hassan was reported as saying that Malaysia needs a larger low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) soon to accommodate the increasing passenger volume if it wants to become the regional hub for low-cost travel.

Fernandes said the Subang airport operations, apart from attracting more foreign investors to locate their businesses in Malaysia due to easier access to the Federal Capital, will also make it easier for foreigners to come here for medical, education and tourism reasons.

"Let's make Kuala Lumpur a relevant hub. If we are good and become a strong aviation player, there are so many aspects we can cater for, especially in the medical, tourism and education industries," he added.

"It is a fantastic cause-and-effect business. If we have our own airport close to town, it will attract more foreign investors and more visitors to Malaysia."

Fernandes also said that if AirAsia is allowed to operate from Subang Airport, the LCCT at Sepang can be converted into a cargo terminal.

-- BERNAMA

AK want to operate from subang, then LCCT become Cargo Centre!!!!!!!! STUP*D(habis duit rakyat develop LCCT for you before this!!!!!!!)

Sure PM Badawi will agree with AK plan.... since Datuk Kalimullah (PM best friend) now as AirAsia X Chairman (ex-nstp editor)... Again don't worry Ak will get what they want!!!!! alahai politik........

afterthis FireFly can operate on grass field at SMK Subang Jaya

I welcome AK at Subang. Save taxi fare to / from already crowded LCC-T, and fly on new jet aircraft at value-for-money fares. What a great combination :)

The folks at AK know what people want, and they want to deliver it. I hope they will.

They are going to see a number of people protesting on the idea especially those which is staying over in KAMPUNG MELAYU SUBANG and ARA DAMANSARA.

This will be the end of KLIA's hopes of being a hub. They did it once - bring KLIA's pax traffic to 14million/year. LH, BA, NW, NH, QF etc etc left at that time.

You can be sure BA will forget about flying to KUL once they split ops again...

This will be the end of KLIA's hopes of being a hub.

:) :) I think they never had any hope, and there will never be any hope for them. They have had 9 years to achieve, coming to 10 soon. A full decade of wishful thinking. They can just bask in the glory of being the best airport in a so-and-so category ....and boldly making it known to people via huge banners strung all over the place.

Frankly I'd wish for things to be convinient for the majority of travellers and not personal achievement of titled individual or group of titled individuals at MAHB wanting to be in the good books of the gov. KLIA is just an airport and I don't think many of us will cry for it should it collapse in failure.

Just my 2 sen. Oh by the way for those overseas, the 1 sen coin will be demonetized come 1 April 2008.

Edited by Rozhan

since there r many big fusses around ak will operates or want to operate at SZB, i would like to ask a humble question . will ak poses any harm or any treat to anyone (except other airline) if let say they operate from there??? will it benefit the public or harm the public?? since i've heard some speculation or let just say many protesting their operation in SZB.

thanks

PEACE :drinks:

since i've heard some speculation or let just say many protesting their operation in SZB.

Residents from Subang Jaya and USJ will especially be VERY vocal indeed if they decide to reopen SZB. Also, many new townships have opened up around SZB since 1997 like Bukit Jelutong, Damansara Lagenda etc - I doubt they would settle without a big fight. Subang Jaya folks are known to be very vocal about their rights, backed by their assemblymen and lawyers.

My house is just minutes away from SZB and yet I do not want it to be reopened to AK. We have Firefly now. Flying to Ipoh and Penang finally makes sense again. Let AK expand their hearts out from LCCT.

sorry for being igmorant, but what problem will ak arise when they operate at SZB?? is it about the the volume of the jet engine or something other?? :unknw:

my question,

Last Year in May MOT offer AK to build LCCT at Penang International Airport under FPI (Inisiatif Pembiayaan Swasta), but no response from AK. Since after FY operate from SZB, they offer back to GOV to take over SZB?????? why???

AK Chronology

• They want new LCCT terminal in KLIA (Approved)
  • They want LCCT terminal in KKIA (Approved)
  • They want LCCT terminal at KIA (On hold)
  • They want KL-SIN route open early (Approved)
  • They want to take over RAS (Approved)
  • They want to give back RAS to GOV (approved)
  • They want expand current LCCT in KLIA about RM150m (Approved)
Edited by M. Sofian H.

Good point on the chronology there Sofian.

By the way i think its PFI(Private Funding Initiative) and not FPI

I know this SZB BullS will come sooner or later from AK. The moment i read a press release a few days back mentioning that LCCT is maxed out , i know this article will come next. Ohh i miss my days doing tactical PR/Media. I'm writing about this AK strategy in detail in my blog later today..

AK want to operate from subang, then LCCT become Cargo Centre!!!!!!!! STUP*D(habis duit rakyat develop LCCT for you before this!!!!!!!)

Sure PM Badawi will agree with AK plan.... since Datuk Kalimullah (PM best friend) now as AirAsia X Chairman (ex-nstp editor)... Again don't worry Ak will get what they want!!!!! alahai politik........

afterthis FireFly can operate on grass field at SMK Subang Jaya

agreed with you Bro. Selagi ada Datuk Kali and KJ, Datuk Chan will become puppet, media can hentam MAS,firefly and MAB of not doing their job. Malaysia Boleh, Islam sedar diri.

agreed with you Bro. Selagi ada Datuk Kali and KJ, Datuk Chan will become puppet, media can hentam MAS,firefly and MAB of not doing their job. Malaysia Boleh, Islam sedar diri.

what's next? AK as national carrier?

I was under the impression that the Govt allowed FF to operate from SZB and in return gave rights to Air Asia to fly to Singapore!!! Perhaps this is not the case if TF is talking in this manner. Air Asia is really stretching their luck!!! On face value, AirAsia has achieved something amazing but to go on like this one starts to wonder if all the news we get are just canvassing??

what's next? AK as national carrier?

Next...those people get what they want which is $$$, suck what ever the suck then after collapse, Gov. will bail out. Macam LCCT now Uncle Tony and the geng want develop SZB for what? What going to happend to LCCT, who's money is that..tak ke throw tax payer money.

I believe Gov. should open their eyes of this AK business playing games, believe at the end of the day these people when the company collapse, these people is already rich to the teeth, money is swiss bank, who is going to do the bail out? We tax payer?

AK as national carrier? Don't think so.

This is not good for KUL. How can KUL become a hub if AK is granted its wish to return and manage SZB?

I think the government better sticks to its decision earlier to only allow turbo propeller aircrafts to run commercially in SZB.

Those who wish this can't be allowed, should start persuading the Subang residents to protest. Use safety and noise issues.

This is not good for KUL. How can KUL become a hub if AK is granted its wish to return and manage SZB?

I think the government better sticks to its decision earlier to only allow turbo propeller aircrafts to run commercially in SZB.

Those who wish this can't be allowed, should start persuading the Subang residents to protest. Use safety and noise issues.

100% agreed with you Bro, SZB only for turbo prop. even the TUDM operate their cargo charlie 130 there...no fighter jets only special occasion jets a there. The buzzing noise that Subang residents diagree is the Transmile old freight 727.

The Untouchables of Malaysian Aviation are very very smart people. I salute them for the way they do things for themselves.

SIGH..... I thought after the Rape of RAS, the Govt will see through what AK is doing but.......SIGH....,

There's a good chance it will happen....SZB as the LCCT

Whatever it is, I hope the Rakyat and the Country will be the ones to gain in the end.

Sign in to follow this