MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ewan Shamsudin

Spotters' Guide to KBR/WMKC

Hello fellow spotters, KBR/WMKC is not a busy airport. However, if you're back in KBR and the spotting bug in you begs to take flight, here is a guide for you, compiled from MH, FY and AK websites. There are 11 scheduled flights coming in and departing from KBR but only eight is 'spottable' in the daytime. All flights operated daily except MH1384/MH1385 which only run on Mon, Wed and Fri.

wmkc_spotting_timetable-20071122-144505.

Apart from these scheduled flights, there are also small aircraft buzzing in and out like mosquitoes...

Hello fellow spotters, KBR/WMKC is not a busy airport. However, if you're back in KBR and the spotting bug in you begs to take flight, here is a guide for you, compiled from MH, FY and AK websites. There are 11 scheduled flights coming in and departing from KBR but only eight is 'spottable' in the daytime. All flights operated daily except MH1384/MH1385 which only run on Mon, Wed and Fri.

wmkc_spotting_timetable-20071122-144505.

Apart from these scheduled flights, there are also small aircraft buzzing in and out like mosquitoes...

Thanks Ewan. It is the small aircraft that 'fills in the blank"

How is MAB at KBR?

Thanks Ewan. It is the small aircraft that 'fills in the blank"

How is MAB at KBR?

Haven't tested their authority at KBR yet. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we could spot from here:

google_earth-20071122-155111.jpg

iphoto-20071122-154405.jpg

...without being chased away by them. :pardon:

Haven't tested their authority at KBR yet. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we could spot from here:

google_earth-20071122-155111.jpg

iphoto-20071122-154405.jpg

...without being chased away by them. :pardon:

Ewan....that location is behind PUTIK building right? i think should be no problem.. :blink:

Ewan....that location is behind PUTIK building right? i think should be no problem.. :blink:

Yes. PUTIK can be seen on your 5 o-clock from the spot.

iphoto-20071122-165257.jpg

Access road is beside this:

iphoto-20071122-165726.jpg

Ewan, I think that spot is great. But have to bring ladder. Any stalls selling coconut drinks + kuih + keropok 'gote' nearby?

Ps. you make me wanna kelik Besut.

mu gi spotingggg a't kote baghuuu...(u go spotting at KBR)

mu ambik gambo banyo' banyo' (u take many pictures)

akuu nOk tengO'k (i want to see)

cepa'k looh.. (hurry up)

B) B) B)

Ewan, I think that spot is great. But have to bring ladder. Any stalls selling coconut drinks + kuih + keropok 'gote' nearby? Ps. you make me wanna kelik Besut.
Pengkalan Chepa (PC) town is nearby. So is the new township!
mu gi spotingggg a't kote baghuuu...(u go spotting at KBR)mu ambik gambo banyo' banyo' (u take many pictures)akuu nOk tengO'k (i want to see)cepa'k looh.. (hurry up) B) B) B)
TeeKay,Mung ni... sebot mmolek skeq. Bukang 'kote baghu' la... 'koto baghu'. Lamo kang orhang ingak mung 'nyapong kei. :rofl:

Pengkalan Chepa (PC) town is nearby. So is the new township!TeeKay,Mung ni... sebot mmolek skeq. Bukang 'kote baghu' la... 'koto baghu'. Lamo kang orhang ingak mung 'nyapong kei. :rofl:

Hahaha...nakka la nya tuka bulih "kote" dengey "koto"... :rofl:

Ewan...molek skit duk spotting situh lamokey keno ketik ko ular senduk...dekat2 parit tuh bahayo weiii~!!! :bad:

(Ewan...becareful when spotting that area...worried about snake attack)

Edited by Mohd Hafiz Nizam

Ewan...molek skit duk spotting situh lamokey keno ketik ko ular senduk...dekat2 parit tuh bahayo weiii~!!! :bad:

(Ewan...becareful when spotting that area...worried about snake attack)

Exactly my thoughts too. And I am very, very afraid of anything serpentine.

KBR now is an interesting airport to spot.

Forget about those MH and AK. Their pictures are everywhere. Concentrate on the helicopters and the training aircraft as their pictures are rare.

Hehehe... perhaps if shot against the airport terminal they'd be not so generic?

Hope my 18-200 will be able to catch those small planes well. I mean, they are so small... :)

Reminds me of 'spotting' during lessons while in Form 5, where we had the uppermost floor and aircraft taking off were always a welcome distraction.

The trees as in the pictures either weren't there yet or still short. We used to cross over to MPKB campus when there was no water at school (which led to numerous perigi dug during my time)

Reminds me of 'spotting' during lessons while in Form 5, where we had the uppermost floor and aircraft taking off were always a welcome distraction.

The trees as in the pictures either weren't there yet or still short. We used to cross over to MPKB campus when there was no water at school (which led to numerous perigi dug during my time)

You talking about MRSM Pengkalan Chepa?

You talking about MRSM Pengkalan Chepa?

Yes Fitri, where you get the best Dewan Makan Ikan Jaket Besi Sambal.

google_earth-4-20071123-124557.jpg

Yes Fitri, where you get the best Dewan Makan Ikan Jaket Besi Sambal.

He he.... must be the ikan merah thing. Still in the menu then?!! We used to smash the metal trays on to the waste bin (in protest) whenever less-than-appetizing food was served. Also recalled orange coloured 'kaya' out of tin cans with 'Hak Milik Kerajaan' printed on it. Oh well!

By the way, wonder what will become of the old KBR terminal. It is sad to see it abandoned last time I went. I was disappointed with the anjung tinjau in the new terminal as it only allows partial view of the runway, and green tinted glass. Very bad for spotting and photography. But at least there is one as most other airports have none at all.

this thread bring back schooldays memory

used to merentas desa around the MPKB and bushy lorongs near the airport fence..

Friends,

Here's an updated consolidated flight schedule for WMKC/KBR, in case anyone would like to go spotting around Pengkalan Chepa. All these and lots of small aircrafts too.

Holiday is nigh and I'll be in town!

20081107-cfpa5449egh14swug52sp7upd8.jpg

Happy spotting.

Sign in to follow this