MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia May Start Charging Passengers For Baggages

Don't worry, they'll find a way to do that soon.

Fare = 9.99.... then add on tax, fuel surcharge, admin fee, baggage fee, hand luggage fee, express boarding fee, security fee, seat rental, passanger weight charge, inflight food and beverage, window seat fee, crew tips......

Sir,exactly what are you implying,let the public judge them,in my oppinion if AK cant provide what I want,I'll go with MH.Ive been with the company now coming up to 6 years,theres a lot of ex MH pilots in AK,they are saying negative things about their old company.Lets just be professional about it,each have its own bussiness model to cater to the various public wishes.Just let the management have their different views and sometimes bickering shenanigans.I quote from Capt Chou KS and Capt Ken Chong "MH pilots are like spoilt brat sometimes",these are 2 ex MH B744 Capts quote.Yes sometimes AK is such a pain in the arse,but that is bussiness.Lately there are a few exMH FOs from A330 fleet joining AK as Capts on the A320 and some retired MH B744 Capts joining,shouldnt we ask them why would they come to AK instead of going to Kimchiland or to the Sandpit?

All these extra charges, AK is not the only culprit. All the other airlines are guilty too, some more than others. Gone are the days when you just pay the fare plus airport tax. Personally I think all these false advertisement should be outlawed, just like they do in Australia / NZ (?)

Anyway lets not mixed up the business part and the personnel part. I'm sure there are advantages and disadvantages of working with either MH or AK. Yes MH has lots of internal problem; from what I heard from ex-AK pilots, so is AK. I never discount the possibility of flying with AK someday if the situation warrants it. It is all in the individual; it depends on the specific situation. There have been instances when I advised my copilots to join AK instead since it will be better for them, and they are captains with AK now.

Sapa suruh hang pi beli tiket lambat sangat dah tau tiket AK naik last minit? "Why do you buy your tickets when you know they price will increase at the last minute?"

:pardon:

That's how LCC works, buy late, get the price equivalence of a full frill airline.

:lol:

Hmm...I wonder why didnt I bought the tickets earlier.....Owh now I remember!!!!!!MY GRANDMA was VERY SICK that night and I had to rush to KLIA to catch the last flight out to BKI....Hmmm,if I had known then,I would've bought the ticket 1 month early...IF only I have a crsytal ball to help me,so that I won't have to buy the expensive ticket.... :clapping:

Hmm...I wonder why didnt I bought the tickets earlier.....Owh now I remember!!!!!!MY GRANDMA was VERY SICK that night and I had to rush to KLIA to catch the last flight out to BKI....Hmmm,if I had known then,I would've bought the ticket 1 month early...IF only I have a crsytal ball to help me,so that I won't have to buy the expensive ticket.... :clapping:

Oh sorry for that.. I was just being sarcastic and not in anyway try to offend you k. No offend yah. :sorry: . I hope your grandma is okay now. Well, I guess at least you flew. If it were only MAS flying, then you wont be flying on that day at all because according to you it was fully book..

The main thing is, the situation is totally different when you pay at last minute. The "you get what you pay" concept doesnt apply here.

Edited by Azri M.

So next what... body overweight charge, handbag weight, shoe....etc. Maybe in latter years people who what to travel using AK only can pakai short, pagoda shirt and selipar jepun.

So next what... body overweight charge, handbag weight, shoe....etc. Maybe in latter years people who what to travel using AK only can pakai short, pagoda shirt and selipar jepun.

And worse, not only AK, but other airlines will follow suit. Scary thought indeed.

All these extra charges, AK is not the only culprit. All the other airlines are guilty too, some more than others. Gone are the days when you just pay the fare plus airport tax. Personally I think all these false advertisement should be outlawed, just like they do in Australia / NZ (?)

Anyway lets not mixed up the business part and the personnel part. I'm sure there are advantages and disadvantages of working with either MH or AK. Yes MH has lots of internal problem; from what I heard from ex-AK pilots, so is AK. I never discount the possibility of flying with AK someday if the situation warrants it. It is all in the individual; it depends on the specific situation. There have been instances when I advised my copilots to join AK instead since it will be better for them, and they are captains with AK now.

Well put my friend. Well put.

BTW, I know both Capts mentioned, and they are old timers in MH who served MAS right to the end of their international career, and knowing their characters, I don't think they will slag off their former colleagues in MAS in such generalised context. Definitely there will always be the spoilt ones who mar the majority and the few disgruntled ones who are more vocal than others thus giving listeners the impression that all are like that, but do remember, one sparrow flying by means spring is here.

And I also do not think the two esteemed Capts appreciates having their names quoted here.

Sign in to follow this