MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azuddin

Etihad A340-600 accident

flightglobal.com

This is the third A340-600 accident this week and what's worst, this one is totally new and waiting to be delivered. The damage is much worst then the Iberia.

Not a good sight

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

somebody forgot to "pull-up the hand-brake" and "forgot to check if the gear was indeed in neutral", before stepping on the gas...a really big OOOpppsss

Edited by mushrif a

never expected the fuselage to break into two like that ..

The Air France A340 from Paris to Toronto a couple of years back also broke up after some hard landing during a thunderstorm but luckily nobody was injured.

For your information, that section is weakest point of an aircraft...any aircraft....just behind cocpkit, just behind nose wheel...the most critical point...

Wow,.... talk about broken pencil again!!!! <_ i wonder how the compensation from airbusted will be src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_nea.gif" alt=":nea:">

This the first and only feedback comment (so far) at the other site :

Scary. The damage looks extensive, however, given the incident happened at the factory, perhaps the chances of the airframe being repaired are greater than if this had happened at another airfield?

Yeah, what are the chances ?! :rofl:

The real scary part would be if they even think about repairs

Edited by BC Tam

Don't know much about engineering but my guess is that it is better to have a clean split that affects a specific portion of an aircraft than to have catastrophic breakup in multiple areas. Kinda like having shear points in a transmission shaft.

Ensures the damage is confined to a small area and not spread out all over.....

I wonder what these 340-500/600 series incident would affect Airbusses sales from this point onward??? :pardon:

OMG!!! The whole aircraft split up into 2 section.From the second picture,the front section aka cokpit is totally separate from its main part.

The wall is actually more stronger than the 'long pencil' :)

Wondering how this happens?

That A346 supposedly going to dilivered within 8 days. Surely,it will affect Etihad expansion plan at the moment.How does Airbus compensate Etihad?

that proves a concrete wall is stronger than an aeroplane ;)

The blast deflection wall is not concrete but metal.

Believe the A346 ramp up and snapped into two sections by gravity.

:drinks:

I cant believe what i just saw in airliners.net. Such a tragedic for AIRBUS...and Im sure AIRBUS will have to compensate Etihad for susch delay again.

I cant believe what i just saw in airliners.net. Such a tragedic for AIRBUS...and Im sure AIRBUS will have to compensate Etihad for susch delay again.

Well financially it is not a problem for airbus - they are insured for all circumstances. So the ones who are griefing are the insurers and their backinsurers.

But 3 accidents involving brakes in one way or the other do not shad a too god light on the always-weak-selling 346 series.

Sign in to follow this