MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
leowong

YMML Tullamarine

Nice shots there Mike. I was at the F1 Grand Prix also. Bought myself a ferrari visor cap. First F1 match and my first F1 souvenier. :yahoo:

The fighter jet was splendid. The last vertical pull up was so good. Thanks for the uploadings of photo.

Mike,

Great pictures there: amazing to see the Caribou still operational !!! :blink:

Thanks Eric and Pieter, yes the RAAF still operates the Caribou! Nothing else comes close to the old girl in terms of STOL ability, although they're getting very long in the tooth.

Simon, tak ada unfortunately, 400mm prime and 747 flying low just doesn't go. Can't squeeze the whole plane in the frame! :(

Hmm, this threads been quiet for some time...

My folks flew down from SIN to MEL this morning for a visit, and naturally I took the opportunity to get in some spotting while waiting for them to clear Customs. Having declared a boycott (I'm not alone!) of the airport's ridiculous short-term parking charges, I decided to do a bout of spotting while waiting although I did not expect anything out of the ordinary, until this turned up:

IMG_8981s.jpg

RAAF BBJ A36-001

Glad that the skies were clear and blue (despite being a little cold) after a horrendous two weeks of grey gloom over here.

TK...weather was visually appealing but that's about it. Temperature was 2 deg C overnight and 5-7 deg C when the photo was taken. I had to hide in my car and pop up for shots only when the birds were in range! :blink:

Yeah ... nice weather there!

I caught the sister ship A36-002 at PER at about 2 weeks ago. Nice looking bird.

The weather returned to typical Melbourne for the most part since I caught the RAAF BBJ. Today being the Queen's Birthday holiday here in Victoria, I took the opportunity to do a bit of sporting and was rewarded with Jetstar's SeaWorld A320, among others...

IMG_9151s.jpg

Ah yes, big Kangaroo is here, or is it Big Bird. I meant Nancy Bird Walton... Her first visit to Victoria ,so better be there to witness. Our 20 mins wait finally paid off. Spotted her on downwind for runway 34. Had to max out my zoom to confirm its her.

P1060624.jpg

Big White Bird.

P1060651.jpg

VH-OQA

P1060652.jpg

Angel of the Outback.

P1060677.jpg

Nose shot of the beast with its teeny nose wheel.

P1060668.jpg

She looks unusually long here.

P1060671.jpg

Kangaroo Power.

P1060684.jpg

So so many wheels.

P1060702.jpg

Taxiing away, see yah big bird.

P1060714.jpg

Nice nose shot of Nancy ! Air China A330 special livery (B-6076) arrived in Melbourne a few hours ago. Parked at Gate 5.

MIR, any pics of the special livery Air China A330?

Sorry bro, no shots of her..i'm in Perth. I was just informing our Melbourne spotters.

VH-YID wears "Virgin Samoa" titles as well

Thanks Peter. How many aircraft does Virgin Samoa has so far?

I caught ZK-PBF from Wellington to Auckland in 2008 of what supposed to be a Pacific Blue flight with the 737-8FE