leowong

YMML Tullamarine

Nguyen..

You in MEL?

Last month i went there twice,

and i was there 2 days ago.

Nice spotting there.

TK,

Now back to Sibu already. Went to MEL for 15 days.

Australian air Express Boeing 737-376(SF)

5a40b51d.jpg

QF B738

31a6044e.jpg

Pacific Blue B738

bff073f4.jpg

Virgin Blue B737-700

84b0847f.jpg

The best of the best in MEL spotting - Wunala Dreaming

191d4178.jpg

Raymond, nice shots there comparing to our MH, MH, AK, AK.

You spotted from the terminal ? Seems like a good spot. :clapping:

Chaity,

All pics taken from International Terminal foodcourt area. Light is only good in the morning, heat haze is a problem tough.

Some more pics to share...

Regional Ekspress Saab 340B

0534c554.jpg

QF B763 new colour scheme

01c9eb0a.jpg

UA B744 to Sydney and onwards to LA

aae6a429.jpg

Wahhh...Nguyen, really hardcore laa u... :rofl: anyway, great coverage there.. :good: how come only 16 shots? surely u got more.... :pardon:

Edited by Victor A.

Had my chance to spot from MEL; unfortunately it was raining.

PKGPA_MEL.jpg

Garuda.

VHVOA_MEL.jpg

Virgin Blue

Blue? Then why is it predominatly red? Anyway my first time seeing the driverless tow truck; amazing that only one ground crew was needed during pushback and start. In KUL we need 3. And how do they control the tow truck?

VHTQH_MEL.jpg

Qantas link.

And thats all I managed to shoot all the hours waiting for my flight in the international terminal.

Had my chance to spot from MEL; unfortunately it was raining.

--SNIP--SNIP

And thats all I managed to shoot all the hours waiting for my flight in the international terminal.

Between the 1st and 3rd pix... almost an hour... only 3 traffic??

Haiya Capt... surely there're more... or you've shots from other airports? :pardon:

Between the 1st and 3rd pix... almost an hour... only 3 traffic??

Haiya Capt... surely there're more... or you've shots from other airports? :pardon:

With rain outside and shooting thru the dirty terminal glass, I just don't bother....Other airports,(or shall I say, aerodromes and ALAs) that is another story... :rolleyes:

Too bad it was raining in the beginning of Summer there.... it was surpose to be heliconian by now <_ or did u pack some kl wx along with accidentally hehehe.. nice shot there captain..at least get to shoot planes that dont have the chance back in malaysia src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_drinks.gif" alt=":drinks:">

Did u get to nail Qantas Link B717??, and other local airlines??

I always enjoy spotting in Melbourne! Fantastic pics guys

Blue? Then why is it predominatly red? Anyway my first time seeing the driverless tow truck; amazing that only one ground crew was needed during pushback and start. In KUL we need 3. And how do they control the tow truck?

Ok, Captain to answer your questions..

1) In Australia, it is common practice to call someone with red hair, "bluey" kind of the whole opposite thing we use for nicknames here and hence why Virgin Blue planes are red.

2) The driverless pushback tugs are remote controlled, the engineer on the headset would have a remote control in his hand. When using the remote tugs, you can not start the number one, and when coupling to the left main gear, they are driven on, as if you look closely you can see there is a seat/steering wheel. They are quite impressive bits of kit!

Wow, some really nice shots from 'Down Under', all of which cannot be spotted at AMS :pardon:

Thanks a lot for sharing Raymond and captain :clapping:

But....where's the 717 ? :o

Hi Leo,

I’m MEL based too. Unfortunately I’m live and work out in the Eastern ‘burbs so going down to YMML regularly is not really an option for me, given the distance an A$1.40/litre petrol prices. Will be spotting there soon though, I’m due to get a 400mm lens soon and would love to test it out, most likely over the March Labour Day holidays.

There are a couple of spotter sites for Melbourne, you can try www.jetspotter.com and www.rwy34.com for starters, the latter has helpful information on spotting at YMML like locations and ATIS. In addition there is a location at Keilor where you can get the planes as the bank soon after departure from Rwy 16. Good for afternoon shots, and I’ll be testing my 400mm there.

Edited by Michael Y

1) In Australia, it is common practice to call someone with red hair, "bluey" kind of the whole opposite thing we use for nicknames here and hence why Virgin Blue planes are red.

I don't suppose Virgin Blue is headed by a red hair bloke?

2) The driverless pushback tugs are remote controlled, the engineer on the headset would have a remote control in his hand. When using the remote tugs, you can not start the number one, and when coupling to the left main gear, they are driven on, as if you look closely you can see there is a seat/steering wheel. They are quite impressive bits of kit!

Thats the same system we use in Wellington, NZ. Have previously shown the pics here in MW a year or two ago.

Edited by S V Choong

MEL spotters,

the RAAF Museum at Point Cook will be having their biennial Air Pageant this Sunday 24th of Feb. More information can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/RAAF/raafmuseum/...air-pageant.htm

So far the aircraft that should be coming (barring last min issues) are the C130, Caribou, PC9, Hawk, C-47/DC-3, Mustang, Kittyhawk, Spitfire VIII, Wirraway, Boomerang and Hudson.

From the Museum website, here's a map:

Map1Large.GIF

Edited by Michael Y

Wow, no wonder so kick ass, you brought Optimus Prime lens with you.. splendid shots Mate :drinks:

Wow, no wonder so kick ass, you brought Optimus Prime lens with you.. splendid shots Mate :drinks:

Thanks Ignatius, today was the Grand Prix down here in Melb, and as usual, there were flypasts by the RAAF Roulettes, Hornets and a Qantas 744. Being more of a fast jet guy, weren't really keen on the subjects except the Hornet, here's a couple:

IMG_8402b.jpg

IMG_8408b.jpg