MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

Back to Australia!

A333 9M-XAA flying over the QLD outback enroute to Coolangatta as the sun is rising (view from my seat 12A)

XAAdes.jpg

73H VH-VXG banking right after departure from OOL as "Qantas 859"

depVXG.jpg

...and now ripping out the speed brakes on descent into SYD

descentVXG.jpg

...the picturesque city of Sydney on finals rwy16L

sydneyVXG.jpg

...roll out after greasing rwy16L at Kingsford Smith

rolloutVXG.jpg

And now some of the stuff we spotted during transit in no particular order...

"Virgin 201" departing for Hong Kong and Heathrow

VS201.jpg

Warner Bro's movie world themed A320 of Freedom Air (ZK-OJO)

ZK-OJO.jpg

744ER VH-OEF departing as "Qantas 11" to Los Angeles

VH-OEF.jpg

Air Calin A332 departing back home to Noumea

SB332.jpg

Dash 8-Q400 VH-QOH departing to Canberra, this pink theme is in support of the Breast Cancer Foundation

QOH.jpg

Wallabies 763 VH-OGL departing to Brisbane

OGL.jpg

New schemed 763 VH-OGD departing to Melbourne

OGD.jpg

Macau Landmark Hotel owned Embraer Legacy 600 N888ML

N888ML.jpg

Korean 744ERF departing for Seoul-ICN

KE744ERF.jpg

"Jetstar 7" opd A332 VH-EBD heading for Phuket

JQ7.jpg

Air Pacific 744 DQ-FJK departing for Nadi

FJ744.jpg

For Pieter, Fokker 100 F-GNLH here in Australia to carry press around who are following John Howard during the election campaign. Kevin Rudd's media is using F100 9A-BTD which was in Perth this morning, but unfortunately I saw, but was unable to get a picture of.

F-GNLH.jpg

"Etihad 451" opb A345 A6-EHC departs on the very long trip to Abu Dhabi

EY451.jpg

Air China A332 departing for Beijing

CA332.jpg

And for Sneeze, brand new CX A333 B-LAF departing at "Cathay 100" to Hong Kong

B-LAF.jpg

ENJOY!

Liam, good shots with plenty of varieties.

Really jealous to see such nice weather and good spotting place. :clapping:

WOW, Gibby, excellent spot for picture-taking @ SYD :drinks: :good:

How many mm for these shots ? :huh:

Yes, that French registered "Dutch Lady" is very rare 'DownUnder' :yahoo:

She needs a bath, though, as looks dirty, especially if this is for press accompanying JH :angry:

great pictures, I didin't know that Etihad to fly Sydney. I missed Air Calin Justplanes dvd last week but I'll check again on Ebay for Sydney approach from the cockpit.

great pictures, I didin't know that Etihad to fly Sydney.

Yes, they do: actually, there was a TR posted @ airliners.net just last week !!!

You ought to read that, Hakan, especially for the EY-service rendered :p

Thanks everyone! Pieter all were about 200mm I'm guessing...we could have got closer, but it was sooo damn cold, unlike PER today where its 40+ degrees, we decided to sit and wait in the car.

AK-X was great, except for 8hrs of this high pitched wining coming from the Galley!

SYD...?? Cold...?? <_>

good coverage there Liam... i see high tide at the beach.

how do you get there..?

Thanks everyone! Pieter all were about 200mm I'm guessing...we could have got closer, but it was sooo damn cold, unlike PER today where its 40+ degrees, we decided to sit and wait in the car.

AK-X was great, except for 8hrs of this high pitched wining coming from the Galley!

Gold Coast was cold throughout my stay there (average temp was 20C) from 8/11 - 10/11.I was the PIC for that flight (D7 2702 - 7/11/07).Sorry for the hissing sound coming from door 2R,its because of some faulty seal around the door,the snag is still there since delivery from USA.OOL/YBCG has only a VOR/D approach,approach was given radar vectors by Brisbane Ctr and was given the opportunity to flypast Surfers Paradise prior to finals for Rwy 14 OOL.hope you enjoyed the flight.

Azmir, I had no idea you were operating the flight! I wish I had come up to the flightdeck after landing now! The flight was very nice, and picturesque appr followed by 1 greaser of a landing! As you said, shame about the wx, it was pretty horrible on arrival, but the sun started to peak out of the clouds as I left for Sydney 3hrs later. Bit of a tight squeeze to get an A333 in amongst those 2 kiwi 320's and that newly arrived private MD-82!

Awesome photos Gibb!! :yahoo: :yahoo: Any shots from Perth's Red Bull Air Race ?

Yeah Gibby, We want Red Bull.... annual event kekeke.. and i always missed it by weeks different!!! <_>

I was in Singapore during Red Bull Air Race this year. I get my red bull fix early on, by removing all the a/c and associated equipment from the Atlas 74F's that bring them in! Plus the race is far better when viewed on TV.

What are the arrival and departure times of Air Asia X to and from OOL? Hope I get a chance to see her at OOL.

Thanks for sharing, Liam. Sydney is surely a spotter's heaven.

Thanks for sharing Liam,

Excellent shots taken in SYD. Kinda miss the clear skies there. I am operating to SYD tomorrow night and travelling home on the A380 on sunday.

Will share my shots on board the A380 then. Stay tune guys !!

Cheers :drinks:

SYD...?? Cold...??

good coverage there Liam... i see high tide at the beach.

how do you get there..?

Umm, getting to the beach, you head around the back of the airport past the eastern park (and of course Krispy Kreme's) onto General Homes Dr and a short way along you turn off left to the ATC Terminal Control Unit, right there is carpark which is where I photographed from, or on a warmer day with a step ladder and a short lens you head to the beach. Great spot

Colin, enjoy Sydney and the A380 (although just remember, you're bird is still nicer!)

Umm, getting to the beach, you head around the back of the airport past the eastern park (and of course Krispy Kreme's) onto General Homes Dr and a short way along you turn off left to the ATC Terminal Control Unit, right there is carpark which is where I photographed from, or on a warmer day with a step ladder and a short lens you head to the beach. Great spot

Colin, enjoy Sydney and the A380 (although just remember, you're bird is still nicer!)

Liam,

haha.. I will. Going to Hobbyco for some models hunting after I arrive. My bird is still nicer ?? hee hee... U refering to B744 Jumbo correct ? If u spotting on sat, look out for flight 231 arrival. :clapping:

Edited by Colin Kok

Colin, yer give me 744 over A380 anyday! Two weeks ago, we went out to Changi as my brother had never seen an A380, after it flew by all he said was "is that it?" rather disappointed. I wish I was out spotting tomorrow in Sydney but unfortunately its only paid "spotting" for me tomorrow out on the ramp here in Perth...

Sign in to follow this