MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T Azahan

MH Leased Boeing 737-800

Wow! Never before have I seen such a clean B737 in MH colours. And the winglet just made it more beautiful!

Thanks for sharing.

Those winglets! blink.gif

Is it just me, or is the MAS logo on the vertical stabilizer is a little small compared to the 734s? dry.gif

Somehow I think placement of the MAS logo at the vertical stabilizer is a little different from the normal position. Yes you are right Teo. Compare these two:

MAS 737-4H6

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/935877/L/

MAS 737-86Q

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5611718

Edited by S V Choong

Wrong answer Fendy, try it again biggrin.gif Just joking.....

If you look at MAS 734, the logo is larger and sits lower. The 738's logo sits around the middle and has to be made smaller. Thats what I think anyway, may be I have funny visions smile.gif

I believe the B737 New Generation has taller vertical stabilizers than the 300, 400 and 500 series. The logo on the leased B738 looks like that on the A332 which has a different vertical stabilizer (taller) than the A333.

Really hoped that MAS will order the type as their 734 replacement, rather than the A320s.

10407[/snapback]

What's wrong with the 320 ???

What's wrong with the 320 ???

Nothing, but just thought may be MAS should carry on the tradition using 737s. We love the 737s. Since Air Asia is using A320, then if MAS is using the 737NGs then it gives us a different product to try on! Thats all.

Rozhan, even if the vertical stabilizer is taller (which I doubt it is that much) still doesn't explain why they couldn't move the logo further down to match those of the 734. MAS logo on the A332 looks yuckky... and way to small. They could have made it a bit proportion to the vertical stabilizer.

Guest Fendy
Nothing, but just thought may be MAS should carry on the tradition using 737s.  We love the 737s.  Since Air Asia is using A320, then if MAS is using the 737NGs then it gives us a different product to try on!  Thats all.

10494[/snapback]

like i said before MH will get what suits their needs the best. giving us a different product than AK or carrying on tradition is irrelevant.

like i said before MH will get what suits their needs the best. giving us a different product than AK or carrying on tradition is irrelevant.

Of course, Fendy. But just my Xmas wish list thats all. smile.gif

Guest Fendy

this has happened before, remember the leased 310s? MH didnt eventually buy them.

getting both the 748 and 320 is not the best move and i doubt thts what they are gonna do..its not wise in terms of maintenance cost..

10578[/snapback]

I think you meant 738, Sanjay ? Well, if they do, i guess it's just for a short period only. Judging on the fuel price today, i think the 738 is a better replacement for their 734.

By the way, any idea what the seating configuration will be ? How many GCC & how many EY ?

this has happened before, remember the leased 310s? MH didnt eventually buy them.

I thought they leased the 313 because they didn't have enough aircraft at the time ? Didn't meant to replace any MAS planes ......

Is it just me or do you guys think that the MAS 738 looks similar in length to the 734?  The 738 looks longer in Pacific Blue livery though

10689[/snapback]

Yeah, only in the picture you posted though. I think it does look longer in the picture posted earlier.

what they will do with old 737-400 dump it ??? or can they give it to me.. for free ??? biggrin.gif

The first scheduled flight is MH 7174 KUL/CTU departure 0925LT on

30 October 2005.

Routes to be operated:

(Subject to further advice from Operational Planning Dept.)

KUL/Hanoi vv

KUL/Bangkok vv

KUL/Guilin vv

KUL/Langkawi vv

KUL/Denpasar vv

KUL/Chengu vv

KUL/Kolkata vv

KUL/Xian vv

KUL/Kunming vv

Crew Complement:

02 Travel Services Cockpit crew

01 Travel Services Purser

05 MAS Cabin Crew

Inflight Sales may be restricted due to galley space constraints. This will be applicable to OK-TVQ only.

From MAS Cabin Crew Circulars.

Thanks.

Routes to be operated:

KUL/Bangkok vv   

11095[/snapback]

Oh man ... i hope it's only temporarily. Thanks for the infos, Fairizuan. So i guess you are working for MAS ? Anyway, good to have you here. Seems that it's easier for us to get up-to-date MAS news now tongue.gif

Crew Complement:

02 Travel Services Cockpit crew

01 Travel Services Purser

05 MAS Cabin Crew

Inflight Sales may be restricted due to galley space constraints. This will be applicable to OK-TVQ only.

Ok, so there will be 6 cabin crews on that 738. About the inflight sales, don't you think MAS should just stop selling it inside the plane ? Beside, those things are pretty heavy, can save MAS some $$$ (less fuel) and bring EY travellers back the menus rolleyes.gif

By the way Fairizuan, any idea what the seating configuration will be like ? how GCC and EY ?

Edited by Isaac

Aircraft Registration & Configuration:

OK-TVC - 16GCC/ 150EY

OK-TVD - 16GCC/ 150EY

OK-TVQ - 16GCC/ 150EY

Unlike Malaysia Airlines’ fleet system wide, which have standardized galley & cabin area, equipment and amenities, these leased aircraft comes in many different (galley) configuration (just like MH 332). Some with screen, some are not, some have extra galley and etc.

The worst part is that in economy class galley, there are only 4 steam ovens. Each oven can accommodate 32 hot meals (or aluminum foil). Since economy class can accommodate 150 passengers, and let says if one or two ovens when kaput (unserviceable)… it is a nightmare for cabin crew especially for short and rushing sector like BKK. Anyway, on the bright side, the Republic Czech purser will do most of the galley job. laugh.gif

Malaysia Airlines Cabin Crew in-Charge, our Leading Steward or Stewardess will take in charge of service while the Republic Czech Purser will take in charge of safety matters and make less contact with passengers.

Temptation in-flight shopping brings cash for MAS and extra cash (sales commission) for cabin crew what biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Edited by M N Fairizuan

Aircraft Registration & Configuration:

OK-TVC - 16GCC/ 150EY

OK-TVD - 16GCC/ 150EY

OK-TVQ - 16GCC/ 150EY

11241[/snapback]

Oh my god ... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif The seat pitch must be as suck as MAS 734 laugh.gif laugh.gif I hope MAS won't squeeze in too many seats if they really buy this plane considering this plane will fly as far as China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India etc. Would be even better if they can have 34" of pitch in EY with PTV (AVOD) once they buy the 738 tongue.gif

Thank you Fairizuan.