MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alan B.

Wanita Umno wants AirAsia's Uniform to be changed!

Looks like office wear but was hoping their would wear round neck T-shirt instead.

A report from TheStar

‘AirAsia uniform ‘too revealing’

KUALA LUMPUR: A Wanita Umno delegate from Kelantan said the uniforms of the female cabin crew of budget airline AirAsia are too short and “show too much skin.”

Kubang Kerian delegate Datuk Zaleha Hussin said the uniform was an embarrassment to women.

She called on the Government to compel the carrier to change the uniform of the stewardesses, which she felt was too revealing.

“Tell AirAsia to change their stewardess' uniform. We don’t want to see too much of their buttocks, thighs and legs,” she said, when debating the motion on religion and social issues yesterday.

Zaleha suggested that the uniform be changed to reflect Eastern and Islamic values.

At this juncture, Umno deputy permanent chairman Badruddin Amiruldin, who was presiding over the session, interjected:

“I think they don’t have enough cloth.”

To this Zaleha replied: “Cloth can be bought.”

don't blame the company, they've never asked the girls to show off what isn't meant to be shown off. a very good example would be this one down here.

akgirlsvk3.jpg

just compare the length of the skirts of the two girls and you'll know. they prefer wearing short ones, why stop them?

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

They just want to make noise, just to find a topic which can be use for self publicity.

If they want to talk about this, why now. Air Asia already been this way for years, why they don't start it earlier?

After all, they stands for....

U Make Noise Only!!!

Pramugari MH lagi seksi

(MH stewardess is sexier)

Agree with this one..... Even with the MH kebaya, one can pretty much see the panty line and the hips and the chest. For me, I preferlooking at the MH crew uniform rather than the AK ones, something sexy about it, can't explain it too well :pardon:

Agree with this one..... Even with the MH kebaya, one can pretty much see the panty line and the hips and the chest. For me, I preferlooking at the MH crew uniform rather than the AK ones, something sexy about it, can't explain it too well :pardon:

SV, you've got taste, and as such you recognise CLASS when you see it.

as for the MH uniform, don't you love the part of the kebaya top that the FSS clip their pens to? next time on an MH flight ask the FSS from her pen...... if you are lucky it might still be warm B)

as for the MH uniform, don't you love the part of the kebaya top that the FSS clip their pens to? next time on an MH flight ask the FSS from her pen...... if you are lucky it might still be warm B)

Will do that, Alan. Thanks for your suggestion. :clapping:

as for the MH uniform, don't you love the part of the kebaya top that the FSS clip their pens to? next time on an MH flight ask the FSS from her pen...... if you are lucky it might still be warm cool.gif

LOL, good one Alan. I have actually received one of these luke warm pen during my recent flight with MH on the KUL-AKL route and my wife felt that too (had to tell her, otherwise I will have to kneel on broken glass if she finds out) :lol:

Edited by S V Choong

:rofl:

I'll bet Mrs Choong will be able to furnish an original and all encompassing explanation if/when she ever reads this !

Oh, the "kneeling on broken glass" thing - don't worry about it too much. That is beginners' stuff for those with Mrs prefixes to their name !

MH Uniforms over the years. Modelled by Charter Stewardesses.

Just ignore the Hang Tuah :blush:wannabee....

uniforms1.jpg

Edited by Nik H.

And yes, the umno funnyman-wannabe ... Badruddin Amiruldin. :wacko:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sat...icle/index_html

Yesterday, when Wanita Umno delegate Datuk Zaleha Hussin related a story about a friend of hers who boarded budget airline AirAsia, "who told me how uncomfortable it was looking at a seated stewardess with bare legs, thighs and calves", Badruddin interjected, saying that "yes, we can see a tunnel under her skirt".

You shouldn't have bothered listening to those people anyway. A complete waste of time.

I second that. I dont even give a damn. UMNO meeting? dont even know when. but just one thing caught my attention, and only told by a friend of mine: Fuel scheme to be reconsider. Those who have rides with big cc better watch out... i somewhat agreed to this. why subsidies more on those drive a 2.4 or 3.0 while the other fellow only rides a 110cc Kriss with only a penny to spend on food? 'aight?

I'll bet Mrs Choong will be able to furnish an original and all encompassing explanation if/when she ever reads this !

Oh, the "kneeling on broken glass" thing - don't worry about it too much. That is beginners' stuff for those with Mrs prefixes to their name !

In that case I better kept this all these words away from her to keep a clean and good school record on my part.... :p

BC, is that a hint that you have done more than 'kneeling on broken glass'? :D I guess I'd better be brace myself for the rough seas ahead in that case.....

Thanks Captain Nik for the photo kebaya girls, I can recognise all of the uniform on the girls except the original MAS kebaya which they introduced in 1972. When did the original uniform gave way to the golden and green unforms?

Edited by S V Choong

MH Uniforms over the years. Modelled by Charter Stewardesses.

Just ignore the Hang Tuah :blush:wannabee....

uniforms1.jpg

Wah... I hope the current male uniforms will be changed to this one :rofl:

I think if these sort of issues are not resolved, progress can never be made in our local aviation field.

It seems like we have a lot of barriers in the local aviation scene with a lot of interference. What I dont

understand is why issues such as AK's crew uniform is a hot topic in a UMNO meeting ? Aren't there

overflowing issues that should be highlighted instead of attacking an airline which now allows everyone

to fly? Is there an issue if a privately owned airline is making the aviation scene here progress and

create healthy competition for the benefit of our people here ?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Sign in to follow this