MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

Airbus A380 Development

yea..what time exactly A380 will land at KUL?

thinking of stopping at KLIA on the way from Malacca to KL tomorow evening..

Latest news, A380 will arrive at 8.30pm tomorrow night. (16-11-2005)

It will depart back to Tolouse on Friday morning at 9.30am. (18-11-2005)

Cheers!

As i learned from the www.klia.com.my, the KLIA will welcome the A380 on Thursday (17th Nov)... pening lah... when it will reached KLIA? I need to confirm lei..before i go there to spot it...

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 15 (Bernama) -- The Airbus superjumbo A380, the world's largest airliner, will make a fly-pass over the Klang Valley this Friday on its journey back to Toulouse in Southern France.

It would pass over Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur City Centre and Subang between 9.30 am to 10.30 am at a considerably low altitude on Nov 18.

Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd, in a statement here Tuesday, said the airplane codenamed MSN001 would arrive at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang on Thursday Nov 17.

The aircraft would depart the KLIA on Friday at 9.30 am for the fly-pass which would enable the public to view what is surely the aviation industry's flagship of the 21st century.

Malaysia Airlines had ordered six A380 super jumbo from Airbus. Each plane has a seating capacity of over 555 people.

The MSN001 is the first of five aircraft taking part in the flight-test campaign and this is its first long haul journey to Asia Pacific.

As a test aircraft, the cabin is bare of the normal passengers fittings and fixtures.

Instead, the cabin is fitted with extensive flight-test instrumentation, measuring equipment and ballast tanks that can be filled with water to simulate the weight of a full load of passengers and cargo.

Members of the public will be able to view the aircraft along the perimeter road of the Bunga Raya complex that leads to the Petronas Depot on Nov 17.

On Nov 18, members of the public will get a good chance to view the departure of the aircraft from the Viewing Hill, located at the Jalan Pekeliling of KLIA when the aircraft departs KLIA at 9.30am.

City folks in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Subang would get to glimpse the aircraft when it does its fly pass over these three areas before it heads back to its base in Toulouse, France.

The A380, which has the length of eight London buses end-to-end and with enough room on its wings to park 70 cars, heralds a new era in passenger travel.

-- BERNAMA

actually theres this contest by Fly.Fm today....they giving out 3 passes for 3 lucky listeners to experience this A380 tomorrow..and sadly..i couldnt make it through the line..they just didnt pick up my call...aargh..

so..have to spot from the perimeter road tomorrow i suppose..huhu

Airbus A380 Superjumbo To Make Fly Pass Over Klang Valley

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 15 (Bernama) -- The Airbus superjumbo A380, the world's largest airliner, will make a fly-pass over the Klang Valley this Friday on its journey back to Toulouse in Southern France.

It would pass over Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur City Centre and Subang between 9.30 am to 10.30 am at a considerably low altitude on Nov 18.

Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd, in a statement here Tuesday, said the airplane codenamed MSN001 would arrive at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang on Thursday Nov 17.

The aircraft would depart the KLIA on Friday at 9.30 am for the fly-pass which would enable the public to view what is surely the aviation industry's flagship of the 21st century.

Malaysia Airlines had ordered six A380 super jumbo from Airbus. Each plane has a seating capacity of over 555 people.

The MSN001 is the first of five aircraft taking part in the flight-test campaign and this is its first long haul journey to Asia Pacific.

As a test aircraft, the cabin is bare of the normal passengers fittings and fixtures.

Instead, the cabin is fitted with extensive flight-test instrumentation, measuring equipment and ballast tanks that can be filled with water to simulate the weight of a full load of passengers and cargo.

Members of the public will be able to view the aircraft along the perimeter road of the Bunga Raya complex that leads to the Petronas Depot on Nov 17.

On Nov 18, members of the public will get a good chance to view the departure of the aircraft from the Viewing Hill, located at the Jalan Pekeliling of KLIA when the aircraft departs KLIA at 9.30am.

City folks in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Subang would get to glimpse the aircraft when it does its fly pass over these three areas before it heads back to its base in Toulouse, France.

The A380, which has the length of eight London buses end-to-end and with enough room on its wings to park 70 cars, heralds a new era in passenger travel.

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

She departed BNE at 1430 local. Do the maths and work out thats an arrival of around 2030 - 2100 ish tonight.

15367[/snapback]

thanks for the info Liam..

I'll stop by at KLIA on the way to KL from Malacca straight after work..biggrin.gif

anyone else going tonite?

I'll be there tonight . So If you guys are there . Hopefully i'll see you

15381[/snapback]

gavin..where to meet u guys?

im alone tonite..my friend cant come along..