MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Air Seychelles’ first female pilot commands maiden commercial flight with all-female crew

She's 29 yrs old, with a 5-yr-old kid. Well done, Chang Leng! :good:

Air Seychelles’ first female pilot commands maiden commercial flight with all-female crew

by STB

Captain Nicole Chang Leng, Air Seychelles’ first female pilot to fly on its international routes, commanded an all-female crew in what was her first commercial flight last week.

Captain Chang Leng, who a day earlier was presented with her four bars by Air Seychelles’ Chairman and Chief Executive, Captain David Savy, operated her maiden flight on the HM 055 flight to Mauritius, and became the first Seychellois woman to captain the airline’s B767 jets.

HM_Female_Captain.jpg

Captain Chang-Leng (left) with First Officer Matharu in the 767 cockpit

First Officer Lishad Peermohamed–Matharu assisted her as co-pilot whilst a nine-member female cabin crew under the supervision of Cabin Services Officer Brenda Esparon complemented the all-female flight crew.

Passengers and the female cabin crew members after the flight expressed great satisfaction with Captain Chang Leng’s performance and confirmed their confidence in her capabilities as a captain.

“Today represents all the hard work that I have put in my airline career during the past ten years, but the most special thing was operating with my best friend Lishad and with a fantastic and very supportive set of nine lady cabin crew,” Captain Chang Leng said upon her return from Mauritius. ”This could not have been possible without the support of my family and the airline, especially my instructors.”

A special welcome awaited the flight’s all-female crew when it landed at Seychelles International Airport, where the aircraft was saluted by a water canon mounted by the Airport Fire Services.

Family members of Captain Chang Leng and First Officer Matharu together with the cabin crew members and a selection of senior management staff of Air Seychelles later attended a reception at the new Salon Vallee de Mai CIP Lounge in honour of Nicole’s new appointment.

In a message addressed to the new captain, Seychelles President James Michel offered his heartfelt congratulations to Captain Chang Leng on becoming the first female Seychellois captain on Air Seychelles’ international fleet.

“Through your hard work, perseverance and tenacity, you have proven that the sky is the limit,“ President Michel wrote. “We are immensely proud of your achievement, which is a milestone for our country.”

http://www.seychelles.com/newsletter/secti...=190&iid=40

More news here:

http://www.virtualseychelles.sc/news/getimg.asp?ID=1215

getimgsq7.jpg

+++

Edited by Naim

Congrats to her for this milestone in Seychellian (correct ? :blink: ) aviation...

Congrats to her for this milestone in Seychellian (correct ? :blink: ) aviation...

The adjective is 'Seychellois' => Nicole is the first female Seychellois captain. :)

+++

She's 29 yrs old, with a 5-yr-old kid. Well done, Chang Leng! :good:

More news here:

http://www.virtualseychelles.sc/news/getimg.asp?ID=1215

getimgsq7.jpg

+++

Congrats to Air Seychelles on that aviation milestone.Last year AK did just that with an all female crew but the PIC was not Malaysian but an Australian from Valuair,she has now left AK to go to the now defunct GOAir.

Sign in to follow this