Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Three stories on local aviation

3 stories in yesterday's Bizweek.

The Star Bizweek

3/11/08

Ready for take off

By DARSHINI M. NATHAN

THE local aviation sector has provided riveting theatre in the last few weeks. In mid-October, national carrier MAS' wholly owned low-cost unit Firefly secured a coup, and ruffled feathers (AirAsia's to be exact) in the process, when it got the government's nod to operate flights out of the old Subang airport.

read more at:

http://biz.thestar.com.my/bizweek/story.as...amp;sec=bizweek

CEO: It's going to be great

Exciting times for air travellers with the take off of AirAsia X

AIRASIA X chief Azran Osman-Rani (pic) has taken the reins at top speed. Barely four months after he took up the post, AirAsia X's inaugural flight has taken off – on Friday to be exact.

read more at:

Positioning itself

Carving out its own seat

IT must be galling for Firefly to be perpetually compared with AirAsia and, in most cases, to be seen to have come up short when in reality the former has been working hard to position itself as a niche player in the low-cost segment of the domestic aviation sector.

read more at:

Saturday November 3, 2007

CEO: It's going to be great

Exciting times for air travellers with the take off of AirAsia X

“It's going to be great. With one plane, I won't have to worry about planes sitting idle on the runway,” Azran says.

Dear Azran...... planes should never be sitting on the runway. A runway is where planes land and take-off. Planes sit idle on an apron. I do hope someone at AK will teach their brand new CEO of AirAsiaX about aviation terminology. With one plane I would be very worried if the one and only plane has a technical problem and is grounded for repairs.

Sorry just felt like being a bit bitchy on a Sunday afternoon. <_>

With one plane I would be very worried if the one and only plane has a technical problem and is grounded for repairs.

With an old plane it's not the matter of if but when. Those who chose to travel on AAX better have some buffer days on their schedule.

I had a buffer of 1 day in case FAX cancelled its flight on my recent MYY-LMN-MYY. Glad it flew as scheduled and service as advertised.

I think the reporter and his/her copy-editor are not alert enough, which both failed in their duties...ultimately, it is a reporter's duty to verify the contents of what they write/report. Their role is not to transform what was orally interviewed into writing.

Sign in to follow this