MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nabiel Haniff

Discuss about trip Macau&HK or Jakarta&Bali..

Isaac, this MTR map may help you to locate some location.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MTR_System_Map.png

As you can see, Tsuen Wan and Kwun Tong are both located at Kowloon. Tsuen Wan is to the west and Kwun Tong to the East. Newton Place Hotel in Kwun Tong is pretty close to the former runway of Kai Tak and it is a bit too far from both Kowloon and Hong Kong. Would advise you to stay away from Kwun Tong. Tsuen Wan is a bit far from the city, but I still find it better than Kwun Tong.

To get to Tsuen Wan, you can catch the Airport Express train and stop at Tsing Yi station for HKD$60, then transfer to the Tung Chung MTR line (yellow) to get to Lai King, from Lai King, transfer to the red MTR Tsuen Wan line to the final station. I have checked, L Hotel Nina Et Convention Centre is actually in Tsuen Wan (Kowloon) and not in Hong Kong Island actually. This hotel however is closer to the Tsuen Wan West station and the Tsuen Wan MTR is a bit further from the hotel but still rather accessible. I would opt for this hotel if I were you.

The address should read as below:

Newton Place Hotel

163 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong

http://www.agoda.com/asia/hong_kong/hong_k...lace_hotel.html

(Don't believe the comments that says it is close to Nathan Road, as it is not!!)

L Hotel Nina Et Convention Centre

8 Yeung Uk Road,, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong

http://travel.ebookers.com/hotels/tsuen-wa...ention-ctr/lho/

Try this website to get an idea of the place. ;)

http://maps.google.com/

but i want to try go to HK..

how much average to go there?

about rm1500?

RM1500 = HKD$3000, $3000 in HK will not last long. It depends where you want to stay and what you'd like to eat and buy.

Edited by S V Choong

I personally recommend staying at Central or Causeway Bay on HK Island, close to phenomenal shopping and nightlife. Then again I've lived there so I tend to avoid the tourist trap that's Kowloon. :p

For a good value hotel, try the Rosedale on the Park at Causeway Bay. It's near a major shopping centre called Times Square and it's just a few MTR stops away from the pubs and restaurants at Central. I did an overnight layover in HKG 2 years ago when there was a massive convention and that hotel was the one of the few stil available with rooms at a sensible rate. Room was a bit cramped but it's clean and functional.

Another good one is the Cosmo Hotel which is near both Causeway Bay and Wanchai. This one has very chic decor.

Or for some of the cheaper international chain brand hotels, you can't go wrong with the Express by Holiday Inn next to Times Square, or either of the Novotels.

Or if you feel like spending more, I personally like the Conrad at Central. And the W Hong Kong will be opening in July 2008! :D (in Kowloon unfortunately but I suppose that appeals to others...)

I'll be in HKG a few times next year so I might catch either of you there. ;)

Edited by Keith T

I personally recommend staying at Central or Causeway Bay on HK Island, close to phenomenal shopping and nightlife. Then again I've lived there so I tend to avoid the tourist trap that's Kowloon.

If it is affordable, by all means stay as close to Central, Wanchai and Causeway Bay in HK Island, otherwise, Tsim sha Tsui, Jordan, Shum Shui Po and Mongkok area in Kowloon. As BC said HK "is not a place one can appreciate whilst on a budget - way, way too much attractions and distractions".

Oh Isaac, by the way, to get to Disneyland you have to hop on to the Tung Chung line whereever you stay, then get to Sunny Bay (Yan O) to transfer to the Disneyland line (where you see the special Mickey Mouse MTR train). You can also get to Disneyland by ferry from Central at HK Island. To get to Ocean park, the cheapest method is to catch a bus from Admiralty station at Hong Kong Island, the bus will take you directly to HK island. Currently there is not a MTR station at Ocean Park.

If it is affordable, by all means stay as close to Central, Wanchai and Causeway Bay in HK Island, otherwise, Tsim sha Tsui, Jordan, Shum Shui Po and Mongkok area in Kowloon. As BC said HK "is not a place one can appreciate whilst on a budget - way, way too much attractions and distractions".

CX is offering some package deal (return air ticket + 3 nights stay in a hotel + free airport transfer)

- Novotel Century Harbourview = RM1625/person

- L'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View Hong Kong = RM1759/person

- The Empire Hotel Hong Kong = RM1762/person

- Novotel Century Hong Kong = RM1801/person

Which one should i choose, Choong ? L'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View Hong Kong looks good to me. It is located in the heart of Causeway Bay. Can you please help me to check if this is a very old hotel or the other way around ?

Hmm....July and Oct are great times to go to HKG...*cough* :D

It's rather warm in July though, due to summer.

Edited by Keith T

I plan to go hong kong or bangkok somewhere august next year as well....but would prefer HK....as i plan to fly by SQ on their 777-300ER or maybe the A380 :pardon: (heard that they'll fly their A380 to HK somewhere next year)....is RM 5000 sufficient for 3 (flight tickets and accommodation, let say i intended to stay there ~5-6 days).....thanx :rolleyes:

I plan to go hong kong or bangkok somewhere august next year as well....but would prefer HK....as i plan to fly by SQ on their 777-300ER or maybe the A380 :pardon: (heard that they'll fly their A380 to HK somewhere next year)....is RM 5000 sufficient for 3 (flight tickets and accommodation, let say i intended to stay there ~5-6 days).....thanx :rolleyes:

3 passengers, 5-6 nights in HKG, flying SQ. No. RM5000 is definately not enough.

However should be enough if your fly with AK (provided if you are able to grab the special launched fare + willing to settle with LCC) + limit your spending & forget about the luxury of nice hotel + fine dining.

:o :o Really!!!!....i mean if my RM 5K budget is for flight ticket and accommodation only (maybe +/- some transportation)????.....excluding other miscellaneous fees.....hmmm...those packages from CX seems to be a better deal isn't....

BTW....thanx alot :) :)

CX is offering some package deal (return air ticket + 3 nights stay in a hotel + free airport transfer)

- Novotel Century Harbourview = RM1625/person

- L'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View Hong Kong = RM1759/person

- The Empire Hotel Hong Kong = RM1762/person

- Novotel Century Hong Kong = RM1801/person

Which one should i choose, Choong ? L'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View Hong Kong looks good to me. It is located in the heart of Causeway Bay. Can you please help me to check if this is a very old hotel or the other way around ?

Isaac, Novotel Century HK (RM1,801) is located at Jaffe Road, Wanchai, just a few blocks away from Wanchai MTR station and the Wanchai Conventional Centre (the turtle shaped building). It is really convenient in terms of location and shopping is quite close and you can walk to Causeway Bay Sogo and Times Square area.

I wouldn't recommend Novotel Century Harbourview (RM1625) as they are located at Western District. I have stayed there before and the nearest MTR station, Sheung Wan Station, is quite far away, however, you can catch the electric tram from there. However, you will need to catch a taxi to everywhere if you are in a hurry and it is quite far from most of the shopping area. The interior of the hotel is quite decent but make sure you ask for non-smoking rooms.

L'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View is a good choice with MTR Tin Hau station just outside of the hotel. It is located at near Causeway Bay, a convenient location just one MTR station from Causeway Bay. The wooden flooring is something I like about it, instead of carpet. http://www.lhotelcausewaybayhv.com/intro.php

The Empire Hotel Hong Kong is located at Wanchai's Hennessy Road. About 5 mins away from Novotel Century HK. Very convenient in terms of location. http://www.empirehotel.com.hk/

All the hotel you mentioned above, I think the only hotel not to go for is the Novotel Century Harbourview at Sheung Wan.

Many hotels in Hong Kong was probably old hotels but have recently been renovated (Novotel Century Harbourview being one of them). I think L'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour view looks like a new building to me, but I am not 100% sure as exterior can be refurbished too. Hope this helps.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this