MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nabiel Haniff

Discuss about trip Macau&HK or Jakarta&Bali..

Hi Everyone,

I planned to make a trip with my friends to Macau & Hong Kong or Jakarta&Bali after my SPM next year.. :D

thats mean my trip will on 2009 ;) ( 2years more )

so,if you have any info and suggestion,please leave a comment here... :yahoo:

based on your experienced,can u tell me about :

- flight ticket?

- hotel?

- budget?

- what airlines do u prefer?

from my planned,if I go to Macau I will fly by AK and from Macau use ferry to HK

in the other hand,if I go to Jakarta,I will take Emirates from KL to Jakarta.From Jakarta I will use Lion/Wings to Denpasar.

and from Denpasar,i fly back to KL with Qatar.

Actually I choosed Lion because i want to try fly with MD90/MD80..

hehehe... :lol:

thanks for your comments...

-nabielhaniff-

-sorry for broken english- :pardon:

since your trip is two years to go.

things are going to change..cant suggest la..

even tickets are not available for booking yet..

i will sit for my spm few more days to go..yerr.....wish me good luck lo

WAh u have good planning for future eih? planning 2 years ahead. Probably next year only u buy. Most of airasia promotion fare ends somewhere in march or june only.From i read what u have written about flying Emirates to CGK to DPS , and direct back to KUL from DPS , i think the fare will be very expensive because 1 way ticket is always more expensive if buying return ticket.

since your trip is two years to go.things are going to change..cant suggest la..even tickets are not available for booking yet..i will sit for my spm few more days to go..yerr.....wish me good luck lo
ok..but just the average for that trip..huhu..good luck bro!!become a pilot one day ok..hehe
WAh u have good planning for future eih? planning 2 years ahead. Probably next year only u buy. Most of airasia promotion fare ends somewhere in march or june only.From i read what u have written about flying Emirates to CGK to DPS , and direct back to KUL from DPS , i think the fare will be very expensive because 1 way ticket is always more expensive if buying return ticket.
ooo..yeah..i want to follow my idol..( Dr M )he always look foward..hahahha..buy a single ticket because i want to try many airlines..ehehhehehe

emirates is damn expensive la but good service quality..i never fly with them but i always check the ticket price to compare with MAS Etihad Lufthansa KLM etc..

etihad has many fares and some are the cheepest among all and also has less route from KUL.

dunno ar....me myself after spm dunno go where la..

emirates is damn expensive la but good service quality..i never fly with them but i always check the ticket price to compare with MAS Etihad Lufthansa KLM etc..

etihad has many fares and some are the cheepest among all and also has less route from KUL.

is it?

i saw on emirates websites,its cheaper than MAS lor..

huhu...

but i dont know what airlines i should opt..

huhu.......

after spm , rest, look for college and enroll! no holiday!! haha..

is it?

i saw on emirates websites,its cheaper than MAS lor..

huhu...

but i dont know what airlines i should opt..

huhu.......

So far airasia has the cheapest fare to the destination you want lor. If u have extra money then only think about others. Transitting may be more expensive due to airport tax.

extra money? :rofl:

hahaha...

no money lol..

thats why i search for a cheapest flight.........

and i want to try fly with MD90..

xtually,what trip do u prefer?

HK/Macau or Jakarta/Bali?

after SPM we MUST go holiday lol...

take a rest there...

after spm , rest, look for college and enroll! no holiday!! haha..

So far airasia has the cheapest fare to the destination you want lor. If u have extra money then only think about others. Transitting may be more expensive due to airport tax.

lol college has many intakes ma,,i take the latest intake than sure can holiday de ma..most college last intake is in september right. after spm dec,jan,feb,mar,apr,may,jun.jul,aug do wat leh if not travel n holiday?

extra money? :rofl:

hahaha...

no money lol..

thats why i search for a cheapest flight.........

and i want to try fly with MD90..

xtually,what trip do u prefer?

HK/Macau or Jakarta/Bali?

after SPM we MUST go holiday lol...

take a rest there...

if i were u i take HK MACAU..i think most will select this route arent they?

lol college has many intakes ma,,i take the latest intake than sure can holiday de ma..most college last intake is in september right. after spm dec,jan,feb,mar,apr,may,jun.jul,aug do wat leh if not travel n holiday?

if i were u i take HK MACAU..i think most will select this route arent they?

yeah..

this my 1st plan..

i also want to try HK Macau...

huhu....

indonesia maybe same like malaysia..

huhu

from my planned,if I go to Macau I will fly by AK and from Macau use ferry to HK

I was thinking to do the same. Taking AK to Macau, then ferry to Hong Kong. Only RM1100 for 2 people in January next year. But i'm not fancy of the idea to travel in a no-frills carrier for 4 hours. So the plan to take AK was quickly cut off my plan.

in the other hand,if I go to Jakarta,I will take Emirates from KL to Jakarta.

and from Denpasar,i fly back to KL with Qatar.

Airlines such as EK, QR and KL only have deals for round-trip ticket. NO offer for one-way ticket. One-way ticket on EK, QR and KL can be very expensive. By the way, KL is the cheapest airline from KUL to CGK (round-trip Economy Class ticket).

I wouldn't go to Jakarta for vacation if i were you. First, then is almost nothing to do there in Jakarta. We have almost everything here in KL that can be found in Jakarta (with the exception of demonstration in Jakarta Pusat almost everyday). Most people going to Jakarta are mainly on business purpose. I think you and your friends should just buy a round-trip QR ticket to Bali. And if money is not a concern, then i'd say go to Hong Kong.

Edited by Isaac

hi..

i have suggestions, how about flying to kota kinabalu or kuching. AK has direct flight from the cities to Macau. You can spend your time in Kuching or KK. KK is a nice city. i had went to Macau thru KK and i found that its cheaper than from KL. For sure la, KK is nearer, but its good if you want Xtra experience.

expect HK as NY and london, public transportation are very efficient, but some people are rude.

going to CGK use AK saja lor, thats the best choice if money matters. If not, better you check for Kuwait, they have good price too.

im new in MW, and love in aviation.

HK is fun, but ready to get rip off.....

Jakarta is a bit mess, big mess...........cheap stuff? Perhaps the same with Malaysia.

If you are budget traveller, good news AK will/already fly to HK and CGK!

thanks for everythings...

hope ill go there after my spm..

my parent already give a green light to me..

hehe

HK is very expensive especially accomodation and food. If you're on a tight budget perhaps ditch that.

Opt for maybe CGK/DPS or maybe Bandung. Heard you can do some cheap shopping there.

HK is very expensive especially accomodation and food. If you're on a tight budget perhaps ditch that.

Opt for maybe CGK/DPS or maybe Bandung. Heard you can do some cheap shopping there.

but i want to try go to HK..

how much average to go there?

about rm1500?

if i go to indon i will go to 2 destinations...CGK and DPS..

huhu..

xtually,i dont want to go for shopping..

but just want to holiday,spotting aircraft...hahaha

expect HK as NY and london, public transportation are very efficient, but some people are rude.

I second that, people there are just way too snobbish. Their neighbouring country - Taiwan & Macau definitely nicer (when it comes to people) compared to HKG.

I second that, people there are just way too snobbish. Their neighbouring country - Taiwan & Macau definitely nicer (when it comes to people) compared to HKG.

Hong Konger are known to be very New Yorker.

about rm1500?

RM500/person to Macau, Depends on the location of the hotel, a 3-star hotel in a major business district can cost RM700/night. That's about RM2600. A plate of chicken rice is about RM20. Taxi is expensive in Hong Kong, i heard. S V Choong can provide you more details as he got a brother staying there.

Edited by Isaac

Taxi is expensive in Hong Kong, i heard. S V Choong can provide you more details as he got a brother staying there.

But the MTR (subway) is cheap and efficient. :good:

It doesn;t operate 24/7 unlike the NY subway though, which can be an issue if you're out partying till late. Or do what I do and hang out till dawn when the subway starts up again...:p

For commuting between Kowloon and HK Island - sail on the Star Ferry. Only costs HKD2 and you'll enjoy the magnificent view of the HK skyline.

Edited by Keith T

about rm1500?

I assume your rm1500 budget does not include airfare to/fro ?

Further assume you have no friend/relative in HKG you can slum it out with (hence savings on accomodation costs) ?

Further assume (from your name) you will be requiring halal food, which may not be easy to come by in HK, and will in all probability cost more than run of the mill wantan mee / chicken rice

I dunno about others, but to me, HK is not a place one can appreciate whilst on a budget - way, way too much attractions and distractions !

I found Indonesia one of the cheapest places in Asia to visit (both for accommodation, transportation and food); JKT, JOG, SUB and DPS would be THE places to visit and see (good aircraft spotting too in Indonesia !!!)...

Snobbish people are everywhere and depends how you approach and deal with them. I don't find Hong Konger anymore snobbish than people in Kuala Lumpur. I have seen many people who are kind and helpful in Hong Kong. It just wouldn't help to generalise them.

If you want to go from Macau to Hong Kong, you might have to take the 1 hour ferry and arrive at Central Hong Kong (at the China and Macau ferry terminal) and I think sometimes you arrive at Kowloon's ferry terminal as well. From there, either you walk or take a short hop to the Central MTR station and from Kowloon, you can take a short walk across the Kowloon Park and then get to the Tsim Sha Tsui subway station and then find your way to your hotel. The subway in HK is pretty convenient, especially for tourists.

Hong Kong's living standard is high, it is higher than Taiwan, S. Korea, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. It is the second highest living standard in Asia (first place being Japan). People there earn a lot more money than those countries I have mentioned before. Therefore expect food to be expensive. As for taxi, when you hop on, they charge you HKD$15 min, FWIR. Normally I only take a taxi in HK when I am in a rush, otherwise I will take the buses or the MTR (subway). You can get an Octopus card (which is like Touch and Go in Malaysia) and you can use it for buses, subways, convenience stores and airport express trains. You will need to have a good amount to spend for accommodation. There are two Novotels in Sheung Wan and Wanchai (Hong Kong Island) which gives you some good last minutes discounted rate to stay (around HKD$450-700). Check www.novotel.com.hk I can't recall any cheaper hotels as I only stay in a hotel when the company pays for it. I have had friends who stay at some local travel lodges, but the condition can be quite appaling but it is a lot cheaper. If interested, I can ask my friend for more details.

Don't ever try taking a taxi from Chek Lap Kok airport to the city, unless it is early in the morning (where you have an agreed price with the taxi company by phoning them up) OR... you have 3 or 4 people in a taxi sharing the expenses. Travel by taxi to the airport from HK island can cost up to HKD$400 very easily. The cost of riding the airport express train to HK Island is HKD$100 per way, HKD$80 to Kowloon per way. Cheapest way to get from the airport to the city is to hop on to one of the buses at ground level and I think it cost around HKD$22 to Central HK. Hope that gives you guys some idea of the cost of traveling and living in HK.

If you guys are planning to stay at nearby Shenzhen and Zhuhai. Be wary that it can be quite chaotic and uneasy there. Safety (especially in Shenzhen) can be an issue.

Edited by S V Choong

Should i stay in Hong Kong Island or Kowloon when i go there ? I found two "cheap" 4-star hotel in Hong Kong, just around RM300/night through MAS' Octopus site. One is Newton Place Hotel in Kowloon and another one is L'Nina Et Convention Hotel in Hong Kong Island. Both these 2 hotels are brand new but are not located in the middle of major shopping district. The L'Nina Et Convention Hotel in Hong Kong Island will have more than 1000 rooms when the other 89-storey tower is completed. I also found some cheap 4-star hotel in the Tsuen Wan area.

So, as a tourist, where should i stay ? Hong Kong Island ? Kowloon ? Or Tsuen Wan ? Singapore Airlines' crews are staying at Kowloon Hotel in Hong Kong, by the way :)

Sign in to follow this