MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Georg Burdicek

whom to complain to?

What is the best adress to send/email letter of complaints at MAS? I am really upset.

I was travelling today on MH789 from BKK to KUL in Business Class, and the service delivered was the poorest I ever had... But it all started right before checkin when I wanted to collect my ticket. The ticket agent in BKK told me that she can not issue the ticket because someone else already collected it. But I did not collect it, and no one else is allowed to collect it.

After some arguing that I did not collect the ticket so far, she wanted a re-issuing fee of THB1500. Why should I pay reissuing for something I did not receive so far (interestingly enough, they could not tell me when the ticket should have been issued).

After some arguing, the station manager being unavailable, we agreed on not issuing the ticket but checking me in.

Of course this gave troubles with the checkin agent... But after some discussion there as well it all worked out.

This procedure took me nearly 40 minutes.

On board, i was surprised that no hot towel was offered before departure. Only before landing, hot towels were offered. The food was okay, allthough some choices have not been available (with Business class only half full this is a shame). During meal only one drink + glass of water was offered. Crew was very quick in putting trays away again. No coffee, tea offered.

But what was really highly unprofessional was that the crew disappeared after meal service. No more drinks offered, no flight attendant to see for the next hour or so.

A British gentleman seating next to me wanted some coffee and called an attendant. It took her more than 3 minutes to respond - mind you, in a 737 where it is less then 10 steps. But the biggest surprise was that the F/A said that she can not give him any more drinks as meal service was over. He got really upset, and finally got his coffee and two other passengers got a glass of water.

I am sorry, this is not the service for a 5* Airline on an international business class route.

I am Enrich Gold Member (and not living in malaysia this is quite an issue to achieve this level... ) but I am seriously disappointed by the performance of MAS on this flight. I have experienced Thai on SIN-BKK route last week, and i was surprised by their quality of service.

I've been flying SIN-KUL-BKK a few days before in Economy (as businesscl. was fully booked) and experienced the "great new snackbox" concept. Whow I have not eatan something THAT disgusting for a long time. Sandwic (as MAS wants to spell it) really tasteless. Plain awful. But crew was very attentive and always poured new drinks for the whole flight... By the way, the box already changed from posh black/gold design to a cheapo printed cardboard box.

THey had a food survey, with questions like "do you think this box is suitable as a gift" (or something like this, can not remember exactly, but about this direction...)... and when I saw what the people around me filled in the forms I was not alone with not feeling happy about it.

If MAS continues like this, then I was a loyal customer.

Georg.... Good news....I have helped you to forward this complaint to Idris jala ... this is what he replied:

Dear George,

I am really sorry about your unpleasant experience. I am copying your email to Ms Pushpa, our manager in charge of customer complaints for investigation/follow up.

Many thanks for the feeback.

Idris

----- Original Message -----

To: Idris Jala

Sent: Wed Oct 31 00:22:19 2007

Subject: Poor Service

Dear Idris Jala,

What is the best adress to send/email letter of complaints at MAS? I am really upset.

I was travelling today on MH789 from BKK to KUL in Business Class, and the service delivered was the poorest I ever had... But it all started right before checkin when I wanted to collect my ticket. The ticket agent in BKK told me that she can not issue the ticket because someone else already collected it. But I did not collect it, and no one else is allowed to collect it.

After some arguing that I did not collect the ticket so far, she wanted a re-issuing fee of THB1500. Why should I pay reissuing for something I did not receive so far (interestingly enough, they could not tell me when the ticket should have been issued).

After some arguing, the station manager being unavailable, we agreed on not issuing the ticket but checking me in.

Of course this gave troubles with the checkin agent... But after some discussion there as well it all worked out.

On board, i was surprised that no hot towel was offered before departure. Only before landing, hot towels were offered. The food was okay, allthough some choices have not been available (with Business class only half full this is a shame). During meal only one drink + glass of water was offered. Crew was very quick in putting trays away again. No coffee, tea offered.

But what was really highly unprofessional was that the crew disappeared after meal service. No more drinks offered, no flight attendant to see for the next hour or so.

A British gentleman seating next to me wanted some coffee and called an attendant. It took her more than 3 minutes to respond - mind you, in a 737 where it is less then 10 steps. But the biggest surprise was that the F/A said that she can not give him any more drinks as meal service was over. He got really upset, and finally got his coffee and two other passengers got a glass of water.

I am sorry, this is not the service for a 5* Airline on an international business class route.

I am Enrich Gold Member (and not living in malaysia this is quite an issue to achieve this level... ) but I am seriously disappointed by the performance of MAS on this flight. I have experienced Thai on SIN-BKK route last week, and i was surprised by their quality of service.

I've been flying SIN-KUL-BKK a few days before in Economy (as businesscl. was fully booked) and experienced the "great new snackbox" concept. Whow I have not eatan something THAT disgusting for a long time. Sandwic (as MAS wants to spell it) really tasteless. Plain awful. But crew was very attentive and always poured new drinks for the whole flight... By the way, the box already changed from posh black/gold design to a cheapo printed cardboard box.

THey had a food survey, with questions like "do you think this box is suitable as a gift" (or something like this, can not remember exactly, but about this direction...)... and when I saw what the people around me filled in the forms I was not alone with not feeling happy about it.

If MAS continues like this, then I was a loyal customer.

Regards,

Georg Burdicek <http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showuser=2065>

Austria, Vienna

www.malaysianwings.com/forum

Disclaimer:

"The message and any files attached is intended solely for the use of the

person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is

confidential and privileged under applicable laws. If you are not the i

ntended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, review,

disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or dissemination of this

message is prohibited. We take no responsibility of any reliance that

you may place on this message and we further take no responsibility for

any viruses or other damaging elements that may be contained in this email

together with any of its attachments. If you have received this message in

error, please notify us by return email and arrangements will be made to

retrieve the same from you."

Edited by adrianqcs

Yup, we need lots of feedback a constructive complaint to restore MAS so called Golden Service. Without that, MH will loose is lustre soon :rolleyes:

Transport Ministry Discloses Department Heads' E-mail Addresses

June 20, 2007 22:14 PM Printable version of this news

KUALA LUMPUR, June 20 (Bernama) -- The Transport Ministry today made public e-mail addresses of the heads of departments and agencies under the ministry to enable the public lodge complaints or submit suggestions directly to them.

In disclosing the e-mail addresses, Secretary-General Datuk Zakaria Bahari said that all complaints would be investigated and action would be taken immediately.

His e-mail address is zakaria@mot.gov.my.

Following are e-mail addresses:

* Road Transport Department Director-General (DG) Datuk Ahmad Mustapha Abdul Rashid kp@jpj.gov.my; Deputy DG Solah Mat Hassan tkp@jpj.gov.my;

* Civil Aviation Department DG Azharuddin A. Rahman azhar@dca.com.my;

* Peninsular Malaysia Marine Department DG Datuk Kapt Ahmad Othman ahmad@marine.gov.my;

* Sabah Marine Department Director Benjamin Bernard Bijion benjamin@jlsbh.gov.my; Deputy Director Ir Awang Ismail Mohd Tahir awang@jlsbh.gov.my;

* Sarawak Marine Department Director Wan Endot Wan Salleh wes@jls.gov.my;

* Road Safety DG Datuk Suret Singh suret@mot.gov.my;

* Road Safety Research Institute DG Prof Dr Ir Radin Umar Radin Sohadi radinumx@miros.gov.my;

* Railway Department DG Annuar Kassim annuar@dor.gov.my;

* Railway Asset Corporation General Manager (GM) Ruhaizah Mohamed Rashid ruhaizah@rac.gov.my;

* Klang Port Authority GM Datin Paduka O.C Phang ocphang@pka.gov.my;

* Bintulu Port Authority GM Kapt Abd Rahim Akob rahim@bpa.gov.my;

* Kuantan Port Authority GM Datuk Khairul Anuar Abd Rahman khairul@lpktn.gov.my;

* Johor Port Authority GM Zulfakar Rahmat zulfakar@lpj.gov.my;

* Penang Port Commission GM Datuk Kpt Abdul Rahim Abd Aziz rahim@penangport.gov.my;

* Malaysian Maritime Institute DG Datuk Cheah Kong Wai kwcheah@mima.gov.my; Deputy DG Prof Mohamad Ibrahim mohamad@mima.gov.my;

* Malaysia Airport Holdings Berhad Managing Director (MD) Datuk Seri Bashir Ahmad bashir@malaysiaairports.com.my;

* Malaysia Airlines MD Datuk Idris Jala idris.jala@mas.com.my; and

* Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad MD Datuk Mohd Salleh Abdullah salleh@ktmb.com.my.

-- BERNAMA

Edited by adrianqcs

Amazing efforts there! Datuk Seri IJ sounds like a nice man.

I would reserve that comment until later. For all we know, the only thing he cares probably only shareholders, profitability, and his salary and benefits.

if possible file your complaints under MalaysianWings. Collective Complaints are more effective. And state your Flight Number and Date for reference.

Edited by adrianqcs

my god - this is really bad. I thought it can't get any worse. I'm sorry that you had to experience this 'redefined' service by MH, Georg. well done on the letter - i didn't get any reply to my complaint 3 weeks ago.

i only have the normal enrich membership though.

Anyways - i want to email the DG of DCA and the MOT sec-gen. Send him a copy of my letter to NST.

i love mh. its like a sentimental value. and there is always one thing in my mind about mh......"hope". but it looks (it always looks anyway) a bit far-fetched at the moment.

Love for MH... true for most of us. However, if MH no longer love its customer (especially low yielding/self paying ones) its time for sayonara.

Hope.....the higher the expectation, the harder is the fall. Maybe we should change our mindset like MH - pitch itself against LCC like AK all the time, so that every little improvement over AK, no matter how minute, is counted as a 'delightful' achievement. Then, one would not be disappointed..... although this may not be true all the time as MH is inferior to AK in many ways!

Reading the recent threads, particularly those from the last few days - has given me a sense of deja vu. Earlier this year and last year - there were threads after threads of criticisms and outright negativity of SQ and BA in their respective frequent flyer boards. Some people like me have moved on to other carriers which fit our travel requirements better. Others are resigned and choose to keep their fingers crossed, hoping that the service 'enhancements' will stop soon.

Cost cuts all around it seems - some airline more than others. The best way to move forward, IMO, would be to vote with your wallet and take your business to an airline that best suits your needs and preferences.

I do hope that Geog gets a satisfactory response from MH to his woes. The response from Idris Jala is encouraging and I'd hope that the Ms Pushpa returns with more than mere platitudes.

Edited by Keith T

I do hope that Geog gets a satisfactory response from MH to his woes. The response from Idris Jala is encouraging and I'd hope that the Ms Pushpa returns with more than mere platitudes.

One of my email was forwarded by the MH ADL staff to Ms Pushpa about 3 months ago. I have yet to hear from her though.

One of my email was forwarded by the MH ADL staff to Ms Pushpa about 3 months ago. I have yet to hear from her though.

That's unacceptable. You ought to get Idris Jala's email address from Adrian, and bring to his attention the fact that either the ADL staff had lied to you, or the 'MANAGER IN CHARGE of customer complaints' herself is worthy of being the subject of a customer complaint.

Edited by Keith T

so I sent this letter to NST, the Star and Businesstravel Asia

I was travelling a few days ago on MH789 from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur in Business Class, and the service delivered was the poorest I ever had... But it all started right before check-in when I wanted to collect my ticket. The ticket agent in BKK told me that she can not issue the ticket because someone else already collected it. But I did not collect it, and no one else is allowed to collect it.

Of course this gave troubles with the check-in agent... But after some discussion there as well it all worked out.

Arriving on board, I was surprised that no hot towel was offered before departure. Only before landing, hot towels were offered. The food was okay, although some choices have not been available (with Business class only half full this is a shame). During meal only one drink and one glass of water were offered. Crew was very quick in putting trays away again. No coffee or tea offered.

But what was really highly unprofessional was that the crew disappeared right after meal service. No more drinks offered, no flight attendant to see for the next hour or so.

A British gentleman seating next to me wanted some coffee and called an attendant. It took her more than 3 minutes to respond - mind you, in a 737 where it is less then 10 steps between the front galley and the cabin. But the biggest surprise was that the F/A said that she can not give him any more drinks as meal service was over. He got really upset, and finally got his coffee and two other passengers got a glass of water.

I am sorry, but this is not the service quality you would expect from a 5* Airline on an international business class route.

I am Enrich Gold Member (and not living in Malaysia but in Europe this is quite an issue to achieve this level... ) but I am seriously disappointed by the performance of MAS on this flight. I have experienced Thai Airways on SIN-BKK route last week, and i was surprised by their quality of service.

I've been flying SIN-KUL-BKK a few days before in Economy (as business class was fully booked) and experienced the "great new snackbox" concept. I am acquainted to a lot of things from European carriers, but I have to say that I have not eaten something THAT disgusting for a long time. Sandwic (as MAS wants to spell it) were really tasteless, and even disgusting looking (see photo attached). I can hardly imagine how any person eating this would vote for it positively in a survey. They had a food survey going on also on this flight, with questions like "do you think this box is suitable as a gift" and thelike... and when I saw what the people around me filled in the forms I was not the only one not feeling happy about it.

The stellar thing about this flight was the crew, which was very attentive and friendly and always poured new drinks for the whole flight.

Again, this quality (of food, in this case) is not acceptable for a five star carrier. Why not serve simple local dishes? They can not be that much more expensive than this threaded snackbox, and even if food was more expensive, I guess customers would be happy to pay RM10 more for the ticket but receive the well known and rewarded service.

Until today, choosing Malaysia Airlines as my carrier for flights to and from Asia as well as inter-asian connections was more or less a no-brainer, as I knew that no matter what class booked, I could expect perfect service quality, a great, friendly and attentive crew and a good asian style food service. I was a loyal customer and also referred all of my friends on colleagues flying to Asia on flying with Malaysia Airlines.

But with my recent experience and the recent changes in service quality in economy class, I have to reconsider that.

It is not on me to give Malaysia Airlines advice on how to run their business, yet I can say that even as a loyal customer I will never tolerate bad service in any way. And especially in a business which has to be service oriented, customer satisfaction is a key issue. If you keep them satisfied, they will even pay a premium for the quality of service offered.

If MAS wants to become a low cost carrier, that is another thing though – but I guess neither cost structure nor company politics would allow them to turn into a real LCC anytime soon. But If they follow their aim to become a “five star carrier at Low Cost Carrier cost”, I may predict –as this attempt has also failed with my national carrier Austrian Airlines, and many other carriers in Europe, where service quality was never that high firsthand – that Malaysia Airlines will lose a lot of your current clients to their competitors.

Georg Burdicek

Guest Michael

You are right MAS may lose its 5 star status soon if they are not careful about how much they are cutting back on products and services I will agree with you there.

as long as skytrax is around , MAS will continue this 5 star nonsense which isn't worth much anyway !

and as for your ' reply ' ....

I doubt it is Idris Jala himself replying those emails ..

Probably someone they hired to give the same response to everyone else who complained

No surprise. My friend (Not Malaysian) tried both MAS and Qatar to the UK on separate occassions and he said Qatar is FAR better than MAS.

Edited by I. Wong

My friend (Not Malaysian) tried both MAS and Qatar to the UK on separate occassions and he said Qatar is FAR better than MAS.

Good to hear that, as will experience QR in about 4 weeks myself :pardon:

Sign in to follow this