MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Georg Burdicek

whom to complain to?

What is the best adress to send/email letter of complaints at MAS? I am really upset.

I was travelling today on MH789 from BKK to KUL in Business Class, and the service delivered was the poorest I ever had... But it all started right before checkin when I wanted to collect my ticket. The ticket agent in BKK told me that she can not issue the ticket because someone else already collected it. But I did not collect it, and no one else is allowed to collect it.

After some arguing that I did not collect the ticket so far, she wanted a re-issuing fee of THB1500. Why should I pay reissuing for something I did not receive so far (interestingly enough, they could not tell me when the ticket should have been issued).

After some arguing, the station manager being unavailable, we agreed on not issuing the ticket but checking me in.

Of course this gave troubles with the checkin agent... But after some discussion there as well it all worked out.

This procedure took me nearly 40 minutes.

On board, i was surprised that no hot towel was offered before departure. Only before landing, hot towels were offered. The food was okay, allthough some choices have not been available (with Business class only half full this is a shame). During meal only one drink + glass of water was offered. Crew was very quick in putting trays away again. No coffee, tea offered.

But what was really highly unprofessional was that the crew disappeared after meal service. No more drinks offered, no flight attendant to see for the next hour or so.

A British gentleman seating next to me wanted some coffee and called an attendant. It took her more than 3 minutes to respond - mind you, in a 737 where it is less then 10 steps. But the biggest surprise was that the F/A said that she can not give him any more drinks as meal service was over. He got really upset, and finally got his coffee and two other passengers got a glass of water.

I am sorry, this is not the service for a 5* Airline on an international business class route.

I am Enrich Gold Member (and not living in malaysia this is quite an issue to achieve this level... ) but I am seriously disappointed by the performance of MAS on this flight. I have experienced Thai on SIN-BKK route last week, and i was surprised by their quality of service.

I've been flying SIN-KUL-BKK a few days before in Economy (as businesscl. was fully booked) and experienced the "great new snackbox" concept. Whow I have not eatan something THAT disgusting for a long time. Sandwic (as MAS wants to spell it) really tasteless. Plain awful. But crew was very attentive and always poured new drinks for the whole flight... By the way, the box already changed from posh black/gold design to a cheapo printed cardboard box.

THey had a food survey, with questions like "do you think this box is suitable as a gift" (or something like this, can not remember exactly, but about this direction...)... and when I saw what the people around me filled in the forms I was not alone with not feeling happy about it.

If MAS continues like this, then I was a loyal customer.

Georg, it's really sad to know what you experienced.

But I think that's what in most of the people's mind here. And MH seems to ignore such problems...

I really suggest you to become an ex-loyal customer, no point of spending so much to get such a service, as other carrrier offer far greater services.

George, sorry to hear your disappointment. Many in Malaysian wings here are equally frustrated about MAS' recent changes to their service. You could perhaps write to the customer service manager? I have written to their customer service manager before and they did write back to me.

Personally I have already switched my faith to SQ and CX (apologies to TK and Radzi).

Edited by S V Choong

I am sorry to hear about the experience Georg. First of all, the quality of service to premium passengers are of utmost important. I would be equally mad if I received such treatments as well. Since when an extra cup of coffee should be served during 'a standard meal' time (if such timing ever exist in MH's front cabin)?

Based on the description, I think the inflight bad experince was caused by the flight attendant. I hope you still remember her name so that appropriate action can be taken against her. I would suggest you lodge a complain to MH's Customer Service at this link: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/getdoc/3dd...tomer-Care.aspx

You can also send the complain to Malaysia's local newspapers, The Star or The New Straits Times , since there have been a pouring complaint letters about MH in the last few weeks. If I were you, I would have snapped a photo of the female flight attendant to support my complain. I NEVER TOLERATE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

You can also send the complain to Malaysia's local newspapers, The Star or The New Straits Times , since there have been a pouring complaint letters about MH in the last few weeks. If I were you, I would have snapped a photo of the female flight attendant to support my complain.

Or at least note the name of the offending crew member. IF you have a name they can have a 'chat' with the crew member; perhaps even blacklist her against promotion to purser, IFS etc.

Ever since last year, my family and I has pledge to take CX or EVA Air for our route to US.

I've experienced some of these bad stuff during my last KUL-LAX route. Not just the service is below average, the aircraft is also in poor condition, believe it or not one of the overhead luggage compartment broke off when the plane rotate but luckily the seat is empty. During the flight, this one malay stewardess ask me if I want any wine :nea: . But we land at LAX one hour early then scheduled time, that is the best part and I got early 1820 IAH connection flight instead of the 0115 flight.

Azuddin

You better write your complaint to The Star paper ...

You better write your complaint to The Star paper ...

Try write your complaint to TV3 news@tv3.com.my

try this (sorry i forget the DSIJ emel)

idris.jala@mas.com.my

idrisjala@mas.com.my

Deplorable products and service indeed.This is what happens when a so-called 5-star carrier wants to become a cheapskate airline of dubious prestige.

Just write a complaint letter Georg, send it to maybe Idris Jala (CEO MAS) then to the papers, The Star, NST, send it to whomever you can ! With all these letters pouring in every 2 days in the press i'm sure they are bound to take response.

Do tell us too if you have gotten any response to them. I'm actually very damn disappointed and pissed with MH and its current board staff. They have just single handedly ruined the good reputation built all this while! Sad!!

Edited by Walter Sim

I just hope this is a once off event, not the ripple effect from cost cutting. Otherwise, MH may lose the main source of their profit. I was actually thinking to take MH business class for intra SE Asia trip in February, now I'm not so sure anymore.

Though I am no businessman, tenet in business : "Never shortchange your customer" still hold true.

Send a complaint letter to MAS, the local papers if you want... but vote with your wallet for your future flights.

I suspect the recent spate of mwingers MH bashing was done in the hope the national airline will soar again and restore some lost pride, without malicious intent. However, once one is reconciled to the hard cold truth that this will not happen and that the management will literally sell their mother to obtain profit at any cost, including losing loyal customers, the choice is extremely easy. Cut the Gordian knot and banish MH.... but sort of contradictory for me, since I still eagerly await any MH news. :( I still feel like a traitor for my next few flights will be with SQ. It is not easy to cut the knot afterall

Edited by V Wong

those folks up at the highest floors in the headoffice are not airline guys. they come in, chop this, cut that, stop that. they are smart at cut cut and cut, chop chop chop and stop stop stop! and thus no doubt they are smart to turn red into black. i have no complain about that. but they love to continue chop cut and stop without realising they have gone too far for the sake of profitablity. they only know A380 after they joined mh. for them its the numbers game. what they aim for is to present to the government a report full of numbers and says "see!! we know how best to run!!". the hell with service and the hell with employees and the hell with customers.

and when their a380 finally arrives, they shall boast that they got the latest this and that in their aircraft without having a slightest clue that folks in SQ and EK are laughing their heads off.

i love mh. its like a sentimental value. and there is always one thing in my mind about mh......"hope". but it looks (it always looks anyway) a bit far-fetched at the moment.

so sorry about your BKK-KUL experience mate!! welcome to the club!

MAS is going wild!! Dont they realise that?

MAS recently cut off inflight meal for flights that are less than 4 hours but prices of tickets remain unchanged.

This indeed influence the quality of service.

I know MAS a 5star airline, you want to feel the quality of life with MAS? you have to spend MYR10,000+ for a first class travel in long houl route.

Everyone going on for airasia for domestic flight and i will rather book other airline for international

I think Idris jala's mentality and the way he runs MH is just like his former company, Shell, where people still have to buy petrol no matter how expensive the petrol is or how stupid the bangla maning the pump is...

bullcrap 5 star. MAS is 5 star if they want compare themselves with below average South African countries LCC. Come on lah, even TAAG Angola Airlines nowadays has updated aircraft with better service then MH. I'm giving 2 star to MH if comparing MH to other European, US or Middle Eastern carrier.

Azahan got the point. Not just they just know the A380 not long ago, I also heard they think that all turboprop is Fokker and plane with longer "body" (it's how they say fuselage) is airbus.

If MH keep on this way, Malaysia going to be one of the country without a national airline.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Georg, on behalf everybody that still have a speck of faith on our national carrier, I would like to apologise on your ill experience. I do hope to see MAS soar again like before. and the only thing that we can do is to voice out our dissatisfactions. you may want to write to the particular people/dept a well as the newspaper mentioned so that everybody can see what other people feel..

By the way, the box already changed from posh black/gold design to a cheapo printed cardboard box.

I knew it! Those sick people must have been planning to do this sick cost cutting flick!!!... sick! sick! sick! :angry:

Edited by Yusoff

Step 1: Write to the local papers to publicie your recent bad experince with the fake 5-star airline known as MAS.

Step 2: Fly on SQ or TG or CX for all your future international flights.

Step 3: Hope that one fine day in the future, the likes of SQ or CX will service intra-M'sia flights like KUL-BKI.

Just abandon MH - for taking the customer for granted.

Georg, I'm also sorry for what you experienced lately... I have not been taking MAS for more than a year now, and I am not aware of these issues cropping up.

I think you could write to a local newspaper to make your experience known to the Malaysian public, then perhaps MH might want to write a responce and we'll see what they have to say. Hopefully, it's something constructive. But, we might expect the negative, in which case, you might wanna decide on an alternate way of dealing with it.

After some arguing that I did not collect the ticket so far, she wanted a re-issuing fee of THB1500. Why should I pay reissuing for something I did not receive so far (interestingly enough, they could not tell me when the ticket should have been issued).

After some arguing, the station manager being unavailable, we agreed on not issuing the ticket but checking me in.

Of course this gave troubles with the checkin agent... But after some discussion there as well it all worked out.

This procedure took me nearly 40 minutes.

For you information, this is very common around the country. I don't know if it is common around the globe, but it is in Malaysia.

I raised this issue about my university library service in this forum before. I was very frustrated with the librarians mentality, and I am still. I won't elaborate here anymore, but they are similar to your experience. Also, if you go to a food stall, for instance, sometimes you don't get what you ordered, and when you insist for your order, you are charged for what was the waiters' fault. It happens...

I NEVER TOLERATE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

This is the sad part. I don't like to tolerate and I usually don't condone the mistakes in such occasions. However, when I insist for the right stuff, I am often seen as hard-headed or fussy. I believe you guys have the same experence as well...

Georg, do write to the media as well as MAS' customer satisfaction service. Hopefully, constructive measures will be taken.

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

The many responses from fellow MWingers do show we want MH to be an excellent carrier which we all knew, but somehow the current management has ruined it to the core.

I think the only way to teach them is to try MAS management in the court of public opinion. The local newspapers have been very kind in publishing several letters lately about MAS' deplorable products. With such letters reaching a far larger audience who perhaps will shun MAS (temporarily)and cause its cashflow to slow down, perhaps the management will realize their startegies and tactics were very wrong.

so many cut cost done by MH lately, but yet still no improvement either to service, ticket price or aircraft condition.

I always thinking this must be cut cost for the good of cronies pocket :angry: :angry: :angry:

Instead of restrict your complain to local media, I would recommend you to post your complaint to Business Traveller magazine in their 'Letters' section. Not only you can voice out your concern/dissatisfaction to larger/more specific group of readers, the magazine will help to seek reply from the airline plus you'll have the chance to win great prizes if your letter is chosen as the 'Letter of the month'.

The email address is : editorial@businesstravellerasia.com

Sign in to follow this