MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
adrianqcs

Inaugural flight - FireFly Lands in Subang

No XPS - IPH? IMHO, this is a very viable route as there're a lot of people from IPOH working in SIN. Hehehe... like me? :pardon:

Anyone know when Firefly gonna start the JHB - IPH flight? Perhaps after they received a some ATR-72? Could be a good option for me to balik kampung too (go back to my home town). :)

Huh Edwin, i see the WAR in AK website, "Why fly on old planes when you can fly the brand new Airbus"

I think AK still use some b737. Because i so disappointed about the a/c.... the cabin VERY DIRTY, left-over food on seat

and AK magazine in very bad condition (not enough pages)

look this picture (JHB-PEN 9/10/07)

img4729c2af990e4.jpg

my conclusion

MH = Very Dirty Outside & Very Clean Inside

AK (B737 only) = Very Clean Outside & Very Dirty Inside

Huh Edwin, i see the WAR in AK website, "Why fly on old planes when you can fly the brand new Airbus"

I think AK still use some b737...

all flights out of KUL for AirAsia Malaysia since june are all operated on the A320. KUL-PEN would be an A320 flight for sure.

MAS To Consider Operating Flights Within BIMP-EAGA Region

November 01, 2007 19:33 PM E-mail this news to a friend Printable version of this news

KOTA KINABALU, Nov 1 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines' wholly owned subsidiary, Firefly, is considering operating flights from Kota Kinabalu to major towns within the Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines East Asean Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA), said MAS managing director and Firefly chairman Datuk Idris Jala.

He said the Sabah government had given its greenlight to make Kota Kinabalu as one of its hubs to operate a domestic and international network.

Idris said Firefly had ordered 10 Italian turboprop aircrafts, a smaller aircraft capable of carrying 72 passengers in a move to expand its network.

"We have also made an option for another 10 turboprop aircrafts and when they arrive gradually over the next five years, we can position some of the aircrafts in Kota Kinabalu to cater for BIMP-EAGA subregion.

"We cannot make money using jet but certainly turboprop may be possible," he told reporters after meeting State Minister of Tourism, Culture and Environment Datuk Masidi Manjun, here today.

Idris said MAS had agreed to cooperate with the state government to attract more foreign tourists, especially Japanese tourists to come to Sabah.

He said at present there were only four direct flights operating the Kota Kinabalu-Tokyo and Kota Kinabalu-Osaka sectors weekly, and it would be increased in future depending on the demand.

"It's not so much on seat availability but how to fill in the available seats. As of now, only 70 percent of the seats are occupied. So, it is important to promote Sabah vigorously in Japan to get more tourists to Sabah.

Meanwhile, Masidi thanked MAS for its willingness to help the state government promote Sabah in Japan.

"Japan is a lucrative market for Sabah and we believe with the support of MAS we can probably tap this market, thereby helping chart the future of Sabah tourism," he said.

-- BERNAMA

all flights out of KUL for AirAsia Malaysia since june are all operated on the A320. KUL-PEN would be an A320 flight for sure.

I read the AK advertisement on newspaper in mei 2006, 100% Airbus 320 in June 2006

i think AK still uses b737 in LCCT. Because i have fly with b737 from JHB to KUL in feb 2007,

same type of aircraf when i fly during hari raya holiday (see pic above)

Ahh I can hear it now... the wave of cheers from the local spotters

For some of us, the F50 experience is extremely satisfying. From the moment one step onto the tarmac, boarding via the short staircase to taking off and landing, the feeling is something quite different from jet flight. Brings back the romance of travel, to borrow SQ's tagline. When boarding, images of people dressing up, clutching leather holdall to board the F50 in the olden days kept flashing....

However, I am not so sure if the appeal holds true for the majority of passengers accustomed to the usual trappings of a jet flight.

I read the AK advertisement on newspaper in mei 2006, 100% Airbus 320 in June 2006

i think AK still uses b737 in LCCT. Because i have fly with b737 from JHB to KUL in feb 2007,

same type of aircraf when i fly during hari raya holiday (see pic above)

Their KUL Hub is 100% Airbus now, having some of their 737 based in JHB, KCH and BKI. You probably boarded the flight which origin from JHB, and thus it is operated by the 737.

KUL LCCT has 1 x B733 for operations into BND (Bandung),this is due to the apron LCN unable to take A320,and also as a spare capacity for other hubs and also for KUL for some contingencies.To Mr Sofian,dont be too harsh on AXM/AK just because youre an ardent fan of MAS subsidiary Fireflyz,each has its own supporters and detractors.Let the consumer decide for themselves whichever airline they prefer to fly,be it domestic or international,according to affordability,comfort,convenience,timing,punctuality,customer service and satisfaction.By the way things are looking at MAS/MH,they are more like AerLingus and AirCanada today than the legacy full carrier service that they are supposed to be.

i believe there will be a consideration done by firefly on the idea of flying into ipoh after MAS has ceased it operations into that state since the national route ratinalisation.=)

I think FY will use Sultan Mahmud Airport, they already have staff here

I think they will, after they got the ATR. If they do now, maybe the aircrafts wont have enough turnaround time...

Their KUL Hub is 100% Airbus now, having some of their 737 based in JHB, KCH and BKI. You probably boarded the flight which origin from JHB, and thus it is operated by the 737.

sorry... couldn't agree. last few weeks, Meor onboard 733 on BKI-KUL. then back on last flight back BKI on 733 again! and normally BKI only got 1xA320 night stop, and 2x733 night stop. :pardon:

FY add more flight to SZB from PEN starting 17 November...

FROM PENANG

FLIGHT DEPART ARRIVES

FY 3401 07:00 AM (PEN) 08:00 AM (SZB)

FY 3403 11:30 AM (PEN) 12:30 PM (SZB) *

FY 3405 07:30 PM (PEN) 08:30 PM (SZB)

FROM SUBANG

FLIGHT DEPART ARRIVES

FY 3402 08:20 AM (SZB) 09:20 AM (PEN)

FY 3404 12:50 PM (SZB) 01:50 PM (PEN)*

FY 3406 08:50 PM (SZB) 09:50 PM (PEN)

New good time planning!!!

Edited by M. Sofian H.

How about Malacca? It can recieve F50 right?

I think Firefly can start with a Penang-Malacca. Both are major tourist destination. Malacca can also provide air sevices for folks from Northern Johor and Negri Sembilan.

How about Malacca? It can recieve F50 right?

I think Firefly can start with a Penang-Malacca. Both are major tourist destination. Malacca can also provide air sevices for folks from Northern Johor and Negri Sembilan.

Fitri, wouldn't it be closer for the folks at Negeri Sembilan to go to KLIA? (At least from Seremban)

Penang-Melaka... pax capacity may not be good enough... but FY could give it a try. 1 flight daily should do it. but then again, got enough time for the 2 workhorses ke?....

Erm i think Pen-Melaka is unprofitable for FY, but SZB-Melaka-JHB or whatever...

i hear FY will 'borrow' one more F50 from MAS(or MASwings), to extend the route

Sign in to follow this