MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

Duty Free at the LCC-T

Sorry this has probably been asked before, but is there any duty free shopping available beyond Customs at the LCC-T. I have only flown domestically out of there and do not want to clear immigration (to catch D72702) and find out that I can not buy myself a bottle of Canadian Club! :drinks:

Thanks!

I'm not sure if theres any duty free shop there in the first place!

Only shop i know is the one outside selling chocolates at an exorbitant price!

I might be wrong though, its been a while since i flew out from there.

There's Eraman Duty Free inside the international waiting area and another at international arrival before custom. Other than that, not sure.

No alcohol ?

Duty free alcohol is available at duty free LCCT, BKI but for international destinations pax only.

Chocolate and perfume at MAHB duty free is normally more expensive than downtown department stores.

For alcohol, MAHB duty free normally charge 0.7 litre downtown price for 1.0 litre duty free bottle. Without discount, most MAHB duty free alcohol is more expensive than SIN and BKK.

Cheapest Johnny Walker whisky in the region is at VTE, Black label at $27, Gold label at $33 and Blue label at $110.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Duty free alcohol is available at duty free LCCT, BKI but for international destinations pax only.

Chocolate and perfume at MAHB duty free is normally more expensive than downtown department stores.

For alcohol, MAHB duty free normally charge 0.7 litre downtown price for 1.0 litre duty free bottle. Without discount, most MAHB duty free alcohol is more expensive than SIN and BKK.

Cheapest Johnny Walker whisky in the region is at VTE, Black label at $27, Gold label at $33 and Blue label at $110.

Hmm, I've gotten Dom Perignon '99 from KLIA df for A$170, which was cheaper than SIN, HKG or BKK at that time. I thought it was pretty good value. But of course ever since the Liquids and Gels Paranoia started I've to wait till I arrive at the departure airport of my final leg in the itinerary before getting any df. :angry: I try to do df shopping in SIN or HKG these days. BKK is also pretty cheap (got Billecart-Salmon '99 there for A$60) but can get chaotic.

I suppose I could pack the alcohol into my checked in luggage but that'd severely restrict weight allowance for shopping.

Edited by Keith T

Btw, 'sometimes' things do not available for international pax only... :p :pardon:

Heh heh, understood ;)

Reality is, if they stick rigidly to the rules at BKI, not much chance of those two df outlets surviving for so long is there ?!

But for Sabahans already 'spoilt' by Labuan prices, BKI df prices are already a bit on high side

Heh heh, understood wink.gif

Reality is, if they stick rigidly to the rules at BKI, not much chance of those two df outlets surviving for so long is there ?!

But for Sabahans already 'spoilt' by Labuan prices, BKI df prices are already a bit on high side

One eye closed and the other one opened huh? ;)

Edited by S V Choong

..... I try to do df shopping in SIN or HKG these days. BKK is also pretty cheap .....
Well, you are certainly much better versed in this than yours truly, but I've always tried to avoid HKG df. Have always been under the impression their prices are not too far off from 'street level' rates, particularly confectionaries. However, the variety and choices there is second to none for sure.Must try BKK again. Last and only time I was there, was such a sick parrot df browsing was not even on to-do list, let alone a priority !
One eye closed and the other one opened huh? ;)
Believe me, it's not even necessary to wink !Just make do without a receipt and bag

Well, you are certainly much better versed in this than yours truly, but I've always tried to avoid HKG df. Have always been under the impression their prices are not too far off from 'street level' rates, particularly confectionaries.

The only df shopping I do is for champagne (and the occasional bottle of vodka). Any of those places in Asia are definitely MUCH cheaper than anywhere (df or not) in Australia. I know df can sometimes be not much cheaper than outside but the whole liquid/gels restrictions mean I either have to stuff it all into my checked in luggage (sometimes not an option) or just go with df.

Edited by Keith T

Believe me, it's not even necessary to wink !Just make do without a receipt and bag
And a bag of yours, to put it inside. They insists this.
LCCT at KLIA for domestic how come I don't see it?
Here's the picture of it, just out of bakery, this morning.lcctdutyfree.jpg

Well, you are certainly much better versed in this than yours truly, but I've always tried to avoid HKG df. Have always been under the impression their prices are not too far off from 'street level' rates, particularly confectionaries. However, the variety and choices there is second to none for sure.Must try BKK again. Last and only time I was there, was such a sick parrot df browsing was not even on to-do list, let alone a priority

According to a handout HKIA handed to their visitors or what they showed on the website. The goods at HKIA is actually around the same prices as what you can get downtown HK. HKIA even endorsed a guarantee on that. But I thought HK is a duty free port/city anyway? They have even turned down on the GST/VAT schemes, which is good!

I know about others, but I find electronic goods in general are quite a lot cheaper in HK than Singapore.

Edited by S V Choong

And a bag of yours, to put it inside. They insists this. Here's the picture of it, just out of bakery, this morning.lcctdutyfree.jpg

Is that BKI T2?

Sign in to follow this