MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

Malaysian wings reporting from new terminal. Assign to new gate A3.

Err... what do they call this? flat esculator ka??

dsc8986fi8.jpg

new LCD information for departures.

dsc8987qp5.jpg

waiting lounge.. very nice..

dsc8991nb5.jpg

clear windows.

dsc8993rd8.jpg

Not yet ready.. still under construction..

dsc8998xt7.jpg

Ready for boarding.

dsc9000co3.jpg

to the plane..

dsc9002fr0.jpg

New aerobridge...

dsc9006wq7.jpg

T1 new building very nice indeed.... :good:

Thanks for the preview, Meor. Will use it for the first time this weekend, probably.

Err... what do they call this? flat esculator ka??

Walkalator. And please keep walking..... (hate it when people stop on the walkalator, and block the way.)

Edited by Radzi

Here is some low quality pic i took from my hp just now

post-2494-1202145419_thumb.jpg

post-2494-1202145583_thumb.jpg

Edited by S K Teo

Wah, very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing Meor!

Very KLIA-ish except that the holding lounge at the gate is not carpeted. I'd rather have it carpeted.

In KLIA I'd sit cross-legged, stretched, on my sides and if I feel like it, I'd lie prone in the hidden corners -- on the carpeted holding lounges.

Can't seem to do those here in BKI's new terminal.

Radzi, I'm one of the offenders who'd stop walking on the walkerlator. But I make it a point of standing on the left so as to let people pass. Even with my width, people can still pass me by with relative ease (I think) :)

Malaysian wings reporting from new terminal. Assign to new gate A3.

Ready for boarding.

dsc9000co3.jpg

whoa , nice shots ! :D this one looks very similar to LHR

Thanks a lot for sharing the new T1 inside 'looks' , Meor, it sure is a difference with the 'old' one...

Indeed, Sneeze, looks similar to the new SGN Terminal :pardon:

Did you do some spotting while there ? :huh:

How did you like Viet Nam ?

Will use it for the first time this weekend, probably.

Capt, night stop or transit?? do call okay...

Indeed, Sneeze, looks similar to the new SGN Terminal :pardon:

Did you do some spotting while there ? :huh:

How did you like Viet Nam ?

Uncle Pieter, I didn't have much time to spot there as I was there for my business trip (sigh~~~)

I have at the moment one photo accepted on the A.net which I took there.

A classic mulit proper for Fedex

I don't know if I like the place or not, since I didn't discover much the city, just do my duty from the arrival to the departure. But the new terminal is really over my expected. It is clean and bright. Absolutely it is not the standard like HKG or SIN those. Still, it is lovely to have flight there.

Thanks for the preview, Meor. Will use it for the first time this weekend, probably.

Walkalator. And please keep walking..... (hate it when people stop on the walkalator, and block the way.)

Another name for walkalator is Travelator.

In HK, people are required to stand on the right hand side, to allow for people to walk through your left hand side.

Another name for walkalator is Travelator.

In HK, people are required to stand on the right hand side, to allow for people to walk through your left hand side.

Yes, it was required, but no more such "education" now in the MTR system, maybe we have already well educated. However, this "education" will be a s#1t once we landed on SIN, why?

Cause in SIN, people usually stand on the left, that is the opposite side. That means we HK people standing on right, as what we educated will block other's way.

Wow in 2 days time I will be using it. Yeah...

Yeah different country stand on different side. Malaysian and Singaporean stand on the left while HK people stand on the right. Btw I dont't think BKI will have that high people traffic at the moment so stand which side also whould not block people. :drinks:

Yes, it was required, but no more such "education" now in the MTR system, maybe we have already well educated. However, this "education" will be a s#1t once we landed on SIN, why?

Cause in SIN, people usually stand on the left, that is the opposite side. That means we HK people standing on right, as what we educated will block other's way.

I think the thinking behind standing left was something to do with the way they drive on the street (towards the left).

I think HK's way, ie. standing on the right, is more effective. I am quite used to the HK way actually. Most of us are right handed anyway and it becomes more effective if you use your right hand to save you from falling over. Anyway, the general idea is not to block people's way.

Thanks for sharing the interior of the new BKI. Very KLIA like if you asked me.

Edited by S V Choong

In SIN, there are signs that say "Please stand on the left" above the travelators. In Taipei, people are educated enough to stand on one side although it is on the right. Guess it has to do with the side of driving on the road.

MAB, please take note. We need to put the signs here in Malaysia as well.

yea, BORING.... cut and pasted to many times already this idiotic design... but heck its new :pardon:

Yeah inside really look like KLIA. I saw the old terminal gate all closed....have to walk so far to the new gate.