MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

Hahahahaha ... hah lau...

Jalan Cempaka is waaaay better than Tanjong Aru but it will be gone soon if I am not wrong. I got chased away by security (I assume he was) in a Pajero after a while but I still managed to be there for quite a substantial amount of time. I see a lot of works going on where I was and I think they are extending the taxiway, perhaps? Makes no sense for plane to wait at the threshold of rwy 02 while the plane that just landed takes a while to vacate after u-turning (or they skip over the the LCCT before crossing the runway again).

I love KK airport... did I mention that?

Waiping, Birthday spotting? hehe... today off? or :spiteful: . btw, HAppy Birthday!!!!

Ya, went somewhere to unwind. Didn't stay for long though as for the first time I was asked what I was doing there by the airport patrol, but they were quite polite though. Later saw a police car coming in so I thought maybe it's time to make a move before things got worst, perhaps.

That's my bird, thanks for the picture Waiping. Unfortunately it wasn't me flying it that day, instead I was busy trying not to be drowned :help: . I was doing my HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Trainer) training - which basically means I was strapped inside a tube that is then submerged and turned upside down, then I have to get out through a tiny window. If I succeed I get to do it three more times. Anybody want to take my place for the next one?? :yahoo:

I was flying sistership C-GOHA in BKI today. I hope I didn't make too much noise!

Cheers

Steve

But the pilot seems to be having fun, though. :p

He/she is probably really sick of the artificial sky, trees and built environment in Macau and decided to come to Sabah for a bit of nature. :)

Well they'll probably have plenty of time. I heard they have stopped the Marina sands in Singapore and perhaps development in Macau too.

Hahahahaha ... hah lau...

Jalan Cempaka is waaaay better than Tanjong Aru but it will be gone soon if I am not wrong. I got chased away by security (I assume he was) in a Pajero after a while but I still managed to be there for quite a substantial amount of time. I see a lot of works going on where I was and I think they are extending the taxiway, perhaps? Makes no sense for plane to wait at the threshold of rwy 02 while the plane that just landed takes a while to vacate after u-turning (or they skip over the the LCCT before crossing the runway again).

I love KK airport... did I mention that?

The Pajero guy is probably working there. Airport patrol should have blink blink on top of their vehicles, no? Anyway, the workers there probably would not "kacau" you if you don't wonder to the left side where some construction works are going on. Slightly to the left is ok I guess.

Well, you can always come back and check on the progress of KKIA project. :p Now you have MH, MI, AK, 3K and later TR flying direct.

I was flying sistership C-GOHA in BKI today. I hope I didn't make too much noise!

Cheers

Steve

Taxiing on C and J before takeoff?

Well they'll probably have plenty of time. I heard they have stopped the Marina sands in Singapore and perhaps development in Macau too.

Yeah true, like many construction projects around the globe, they are shelved or being shelved due to this credit crunch ordeal.

I was standing over the drain for the longest time... so engrossed by the sights that I didn't even realised what was beneathed me... YIKES! :nea:

Irresistable spotting location

Pajero patrol (beredar team)

Rotting carcass in drain

Man, they are taking security at BKI to the next level ! :)

Taxiing on C and J before takeoff?

Hi Radzi,

That was me. Obvioulsy ATC thought I deserved to use more of the airport for my landing fee :rolleyes:

You weren't the one chasing me in the triple seven were you?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Radzi,

That was me. Obvioulsy ATC thought I deserved to use more of the airport for my landing fee :rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve

Morning around 9:30am? I was on the highway from town towards T1 for some spotting then and saw the helicopter "taking off". So all three of us were within a 1 mile radius? :p

How I wish, but no, I was about to start taxi in the old B734.

just now, around 10.50pm, when i Heading town from Terminal 1, i saw a huge WAU near the pan at Runway 20. when i drive nearer, i realize that the big wau is from a 744 tail, she was land from 02, but got a lot of yellow blink blink light under she. :blink:

DSC02237.jpg

taken at RSTC there.

from there i just realize that it was a 744F! but still, wondering what happen. mechanical problem? over-shot runway when back-tracking? no idea... it took less then 15 minutes to start towing it vacate runway via Bravo and hold at holding Point Alpha. (i'm quite sure that still got aircraft depart at around 10.30pm!) so this incident most probably happened after 10.30pm. :)

btw, because of this incident, caused 4 aircraft forced to circle the field before cleared land, and a few aircraft got to delay their departure. kak ATC keep on asking the pilot from the 744F crew regarding their situation as other flight keep on requesting landing, push-back and start taxi to holding point.......

few minutes later, the 744F crew report to the kak ATC regarding they are now ready to taxi to holding point Alpha via Bravo. kak ATC reply "thanks.". :)

when i reach T2, she was approaching Bravo.

runway vacated,

DSC02241.jpg

is 9M-MPR

DSC02244.jpg

few minutes later, when Asiana is cleared to land runway 20, two guys with a huge video recorder approaching me, then they take their equipment up and point at the 744F.

DSC02248.jpg

the four aircraft that unable to land are included Asiana 321, Korean 738, Malaysian 734 and Asian Express 320.

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

soon after the MAS 734 landed, the Indon AK aka QZ, PK-AXD (if not mistaken), cleared to push back and start, taxi to holding point Bravo, enter runway and lined up (intercept bravo departure)

DSC02253.jpg

after the QZ 7677 departed, Malaysian 62xx cleared to enter runway and vacate via Juliet with it own power. :blink: and assigned to Bay 1 by Ground.

DSC02257.jpg

she will depart again after unloading the cargo if not mistaken.

~~~the end~~~ :drinks:

if not mistaken, just now when the 12am news at TV3 got report this incident near the end part of the news. but i missed it. :D anyway, anyone got further information regarding this incident? regarding why she cannot taxi on it own power after landing?

edit: sorry for the poor quality picture, all shots was taken by using my mobile phone only. :sorry:

Edited by Samuel Chy

just now, around 10.50pm, when i Heading town from Terminal 1, i saw a huge WAU near the pan at Runway 20. when i drive nearer, i realize that the big wau is from a 744 tail, she was land from 02, but got a lot of yellow blink blink light under she. :blink:

taken at RSTC there.

from there i just realize that it was a 744F! but still, wondering what happen. mechanical problem? over-shot runway when back-tracking? no idea... it took less then 15 minutes to start towing it vacate runway via Bravo and hold at holding Point Alpha. (i'm quite sure that still got aircraft depart at around 10.30pm!) so this incident most probably happened after 10.30pm. :)

btw, because of this incident, caused 4 aircraft forced to circle the field before cleared land, and a few aircraft got to delay their departure. kak ATC keep on asking the pilot from the 744F crew regarding their situation as other flight keep on requesting landing, push-back and start taxi to holding point.......

few minutes later, the 744F crew report to the kak ATC regarding they are now ready to taxi to holding point Alpha via Bravo. kak ATC reply "thanks.". :)

when i reach T2, she was approaching Bravo.

runway vacated,

is 9M-MPR

few minutes later, when Asiana is cleared to land runway 20, two guys with a huge video recorder approaching me, then they take their equipment up and point at the 744F.

the four aircraft that unable to land are included Asiana 321, Korean 738, Malaysian 734 and Asian Express 320.

soon after the MAS 734 landed, the Indon AK aka QZ, PK-AXD (if not mistaken), cleared to push back and start, taxi to holding point Bravo, enter runway and lined up (intercept bravo departure)

after the QZ 7677 departed, Malaysian 62xx cleared to enter runway and vacate via Juliet with it own power. :blink: and assigned to Bay 1 by Ground.

she will depart again after unloading the cargo if not mistaken.

~~~the end~~~ :drinks:

if not mistaken, just now when the 12am news at TV3 got report this incident near the end part of the news. but i missed it. :D anyway, anyone got further information regarding this incident? regarding why she cannot taxi on it own power after landing?

edit: sorry for the poor quality picture, all shots was taken by using my mobile phone only. :sorry:

Nice coverage, Sam. :good: Nothing on the news today as yet.

Some news about it on tonight's TV3 news, without any reason given.

That the aircraft was able to later taxi on its own power means that nothing was wrong mechanically, and it didn't went off the runway either. So my wild guess is that it stopped too far ahead, just barely before the end of runway, making turning 180 degree there impossible. Therefore tow truck was called to help them make the turn, and after that it can easily taxi on its own power to T1.

Seen the video mentioned by Sam on News today.Those guys were TV3 crew.What happened actually? :blink:

Sorry would like to backtrack a few days back to 22 Dec. At around 12pm was informed by Sam that a B744 was at KKIA. Since I got my camera with me I made a dash to KKIA. Unfortunately the weather wasn't idea for photography so here are some shots of the departing B744.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

Waiping, the credit should give to Meor. actually Meor called me when he saw the jumbo at T1.

still no further updates on the 744F. :(

btw, some X'mas spotting pixes to share. just a short spotting session.

a shorted version of sick bus

DSC_0720-800.jpg

hunted aircraft?

DSC_0706-800.jpg

Dutch lady style.. :wub:

DSC_0697-800.jpg

:drinks:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

thanks for the nice words, guys! :dirnks:

Sam... nice blue sky... :clapping:

--

Update on Cessna Sovereign N188TL..

expect arriving BKI in 40min (from this post)

check progress here FlightAware

yupz, she arrive BKI exactly 40 minutes after your post, but i almost melted by the time she arrive. :p and i at the wrong spot (at the end of 20), she came from 02 since i expect she will depart from 02. hehe... :D

Before blue sky it's cloudy. :( Personally I prefer this angle but too bad lighting not so good on that day.

IMG_1208_filtered.jpg

IMG_1211_filtered.jpg

IMG_1218_filtered.jpg

After Sam and I found out Jalan Bunga Raya is closed on public holiday we ventured around for another spot. These were taken near what looks like a makeshift warehouse with some hostels, presumably for the construction workers. We need to walk a bit before reaching the spot. Anyway, glad that Sam's car was still intact when we leave. :p

Edited by waiping

Some news about it on tonight's TV3 news, without any reason given.

That the aircraft was able to later taxi on its own power means that nothing was wrong mechanically, and it didn't went off the runway either. So my wild guess is that it stopped too far ahead, just barely before the end of runway, making turning 180 degree there impossible. Therefore tow truck was called to help them make the turn, and after that it can easily taxi on its own power to T1.

Capt, any possibility brake overheat .?

Edited by Azman Ismail

some shots from yesterday spotting session.

N118TL

DSC_0754-800.jpg

Romeo KIlo, it had been quite some time since my last catch of Triple. :D

DSC_0749-800.jpg

Foxtrot Quebec

decals start peeling off after 1 1/2 years of hardworking.

DSC_0763-800.jpg

something special for me, M28-01.

DSC_0738-800.jpg

:drinks: