MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

lolz... you din see someone at the end of the runway with the weapon armed? :p btw, new pattern ka? no longer BKI-LBU-BKI-KCH or KCH-SIN-KCH-BKI?

With the new runway extension, I don't really know where to look for you guys...huhu. Anyway, 17Oct, anyone spotting? If can I want to join but maximum until 1pm only, sux right? This pattern however is better than the old 1. The old pattern is KCH-SIN-KCH-BKI followed by 3 hours transit at BKI then to KCH again!

With the new runway extension, I don't really know where to look for you guys...huhu. Anyway, 17Oct, anyone spotting? If can I want to join but maximum until 1pm only, sux right? This pattern however is better than the old 1. The old pattern is KCH-SIN-KCH-BKI followed by 3 hours transit at BKI then to KCH again!

17 Oct, Fri, work. :cray: and WaiPing will not in town too that day. maybe Ewan will be free, try contact he. :D

I think last time where was a flight KUL - JHB - KUC - MYY - BKI. You'll probably developed orange juice phobia after that flight.

17 Oct, Fri, work. :cray: and WaiPing will not in town too that day. maybe Ewan will be free, try contact he. :D

I'll be on an adventure! :yahoo:

Here are some more photos I took but found the image not very sharp despite some editing.

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Nice picture waiping... brightsider taikor.... :clapping:

No lah. Taiko must have something big to show, like Bigma. Hehehe... :D

Hmm... long time no updates in this thread.

Here are some pics of a routine AK A320 arrival.... enjoy! :drinks:

AKarr1.jpg

AKarr2.jpg

AKarr3.jpg

AKarr4.jpg

Hai Guys..BKI spotters..

Hope don't mind to tell us any Hajj Flight Schedule in/out from BKI this year??

thanks for sharing, Andi! :drinks:

btw, some red shots from today spotting session. :drinks:

wasn't very nice, but just would like to share with you guys. hope you guys will enjoy. :)

Foxtrot Bravo.

DSC_9983-800.jpg

Hotel Delta

DSC_0004-800.jpg

Hotel Golf, taken by Ewan Bro!

DSC_0041-800.jpg

FOXTROT ALPHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

DSC_0049-800.jpg

edit:

anyone got the information for the Haj Flight into BKI?

Edited by Samuel Chy

Whoa! Caught a big one last night with Sam and gang! Stay tuned for pictures and story. :good:

Ok. A series of luck resulted in this being captured at KKIA last night 04 Nov 2008. Sorry for the picture quality. Primary weapon was left at home so have to switch to secondary - my Sony Ericsson handphone.

DSC00064.jpg

Was having dinner with some business partners at Ocean Seafood Restaurant last night. At about 2015 heard the familiar roar of the B727 taking off. Soon after another somewhat stronger roar and I thought couldn't be possible to have 2 B727 leaving at the same time from BKI. My friend was telling he thought the plane coming in for landing was too low.

Soon after got sms from Sam "Mas B744!" I was so excited I asked if it's a Maskargo. Sam and gang were at Grace Court at the time. Next sms he replied they were on their way to T1. However I was still stuck with my biz partners. Apparently it was the eagerly awaited Hajj flight for BKI.

Worst was yet to come for me. After dinner manager said head to Shenanigan's for second round. S#it! No choice have to accompany them until about 2300. Then left and met up with Sam and gang at Sadong mamak stall. Finished at about 2330 and I thought maybe can try my luck so drove to T1 without hesitation.

Arrived at 2350 when they already commenced pushing back the jumbo. Just in time for me to capture the picture above. :p Waited for awhile and then she was gone. The last time I remember a pax B744 in BKI was the Hibiscus standing in for a B777 AOG.

Btw, was surprised to see 3 planes heading for Seoul in succession next - an Asiana A321, a Korean B738 and another MH B734. Eh, Korean downgraded to B738 from B744?

DSC00065.jpg

Edited by waiping

Wow, so many type of airplane at KK. KIA still not changes, everyday show the same face .. :(

Great shots, Sam !!! :drinks:

We've another nose-photographer (in East-Malaysia) :yahoo:

WaiPing, MH sent B734 for the Seoul flight? I thought it was used to be A330?

No lah. Send the B734 to Seoul and next you hear is an aircraft run out of fuel around Japan.....B738 can lah.

Edited by Radzi

No lah. Send the B734 to Seoul and next you hear is an aircraft run out of fuel around Japan.....B738 can lah.

Sorry didn't know the B734 cannot reach Seoul. Maybe it's code share with Korean. The Asiana A321 left just before the B744.

Sorry didn't know the B734 cannot reach Seoul. Maybe it's code share with Korean. The Asiana A321 left just before the B744.

i don't think it was code share flight. OZ758 depart at 0005, KE674 depart at 0030 and MH064 depart at 0050. and for MH8020 depart at 0010.

and under normal circumstances, MH064 will opts by A330.

Edited by Samuel Chy

Was anyone spotting at BKI around noon today ?

Thought I saw something different flying off, bluish tail with white body - but then I was far away at Dah Yeh area

Cannot possibly be a Valuair bird could it ?

Was anyone spotting at BKI around noon today ?

Thought I saw something different flying off, bluish tail with white body - but then I was far away at Dah Yeh area

Cannot possibly be a Valuair bird could it ?

Sounds like Silkair to me :pardon:

Ah thanks Andi - that would be it I think :blush:

Recalled (wrongly) the blue of Silkair's tail doesn't extend beyond base of fin :fool:

Passed by T2 last night and there was another BAe-146 at T2, near the taxi parking area. Not the FAAM one I think.