MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

So what happen to the old terminal? Demolish for a new terminal?

There isn't a new/old terminal in strict sense of the word

A new building was constructed as an extension adjoining the existing terminal building, starting about a couple of years back. Now this new portion is nearing completion (?!!), the parts that are ready (boarding bridges and holding lounges) are being used so that renovation/reconstruction of the old portion can commence. They may not completely demolish this bit but from the renderings available so far, it will not be readily recognizable from it's current state

Currently check-in, departure and arrival formalities are still done at the old part of the building. From what I've read, these operations are scheduled to be shifted to the newly constructed facility in April or so

Hopefully by then, BKI will look much less of a war zone than it currently is !

Incidentally, looks likely that T2 operations (AK and others) will be relocated to T1 once construction completed. T2 will then be converted to an air freight terminal

And as things are so cyclical in Borneo, I would hazard a guess that BWN will be due for some major major upgrade/reconstruction soon, now that KCH is done and BKI underway ?! :)

Edited by BC Tam

Hi guys,

Took some pix last Wednesday while on AK from KK to KL. Noticed that the new T1 was already in use.

T2 resident

IMG_0222.jpg

Another T2 resident?

IMG_0223.jpg

Same like Body Shop not selling any 'bodies', no airport is on sale here.

IMG_0224.jpg

My ride - 9M-AFV

IMG_0225.jpg

One other thing I noticed before departure there was an announcement that taking photos outside of the terminal building is prohibited by the authority. The same announcement was made on my return flight. However, no such announcement was made before landing at KLIA and departing KLIA. A special request from KKIA perhaps?

Edited by waiping

thanks a lot for those exclusive pix, "no-ramp-shots spotters"... nevertheless, another Malaysia Airport!.... hope to huh-ha in the terminal soon... :yahoo:

his boarding pass...

DSC00311.jpg

when his ride arrive, although not the buy boy come, and not my ride, but both of us still very very excited... new gates in service... :clapping:

DSC00309.jpg

Meor, the Dragon didn't re-time anymore?

Incidentally, looks likely that T2 operations (AK and others) will be relocated to T1 once construction completed. T2 will then be converted to an air freight terminal

That were to happen,

We would likely to hear TF singing "No" in Mariah Carey high whistle tone to the gov objecting this and flaunting "We Belong to LCCT"

Meor, thanx for the photo sharing. It really looks like KCH International Airport to me here. Cant wait to see it with my own eyes on my next trip to KUL on 19/02/2008.

There isn't a new/old terminal in strict sense of the word

A new building was constructed as an extension adjoining the existing terminal building, starting about a couple of years back. Now this new portion is nearing completion (?!!), the parts that are ready (boarding bridges and holding lounges) are being used so that renovation/reconstruction of the old portion can commence. They may not completely demolish this bit but from the renderings available so far, it will not be readily recognizable from it's current state

Currently check-in, departure and arrival formalities are still done at the old part of the building. From what I've read, these operations are scheduled to be shifted to the newly constructed facility in April or so

Hopefully by then, BKI will look much less of a war zone than it currently is !

And as things are so cyclical in Borneo, I would hazard a guess that BWN will be due for some major major upgrade/reconstruction soon, now that KCH is done and BKI underway ?! :)

Well BWN has done is upgrades-- Just the small extention with 3 aerobridge. That's it. I guess its no use to upgrade BWN airport since it only serve 2-3 airlines.

Taiko, u really a hardcore..today also u went spotting..haha :rolleyes:Taiko, u really a hardcore..today also u went spotting..haha :rolleyes:

Happy Chinese New Year to all 9M-BKI Members, I'll be leaving on the 9th Feb.

Its been great meeting some of MWingers (Meor, Kenneth, Samuel, WaiPing).

See u guys when i see u. =D (I learn from u, Meor)

Happy Spotting in another great year. :friends:

Happy Chinese New Year to all 9M-BKI Members, I'll be leaving on the 9th Feb.

Its been great meeting some of MWingers (Meor, Kenneth, Samuel, WaiPing).

See u guys when i see u. =D (I learn from u, Meor)

Happy Spotting in another great year. :friends:

Do take care bro.. fly safe.. and when you comeback dont forget goodies for us.. cheers :drinks:

see you when i see you.. hehehehe

Happy Chinese New Year to all 9M-BKI Members, I'll be leaving on the 9th Feb. Its been great meeting some of MWingers (Meor, Kenneth, Samuel, WaiPing).See u guys when i see u. =D (I learn from u, Meor)Happy Spotting in another great year. :friends:
Have a safe trip!
Just flash up, when I am in BKI, do I need a ladder?
Yeah, if necessary we just get some here. I think if one is required then all of us would need one.

He's leaving to Singapore then to melbourne? Good luck Eric, go and break the kian kok's 1st record.

Edited by Gavin Andrew David

Hi guys,

Took some pix last Wednesday while on AK from KK to KL. Noticed that the new T1 was already in use.

One other thing I noticed before departure there was an announcement that taking photos outside of the terminal building is prohibited by the authority. The same announcement was made on my return flight. However, no such announcement was made before landing at KLIA and departing KLIA. A special request from KKIA perhaps?

Hello,

i think you came to KK via MAS and back to KL via AA. i dont think its a special request from KKIA but its an official law by DCA esp when in open / outside the terminal like LCCT. why taking photo is prohibited? it because when you taking photo you will disturbed the others for boarding and will make it late. try to imagine if every one want to take photo while tehre is other people want to rush for boarding. and i think it also for safety reasons.

anyway i just came back from LCCT sent my wife back to KK and she just called me told she just arrived and waiting for the bags. and i like to wish Happy Chinese New Year. sorry for belated wish since i'm quite busy with my work and this monday i'll go to Kuala Langat bring my under 12 cricket player for Selangor state tournament.