MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
BC Tam

MH Air Incident

Apparently a MH flight en route BKI/KUL yesterday evening suffered engine failure and 'electrical disturbances' and had to return to BKI.

Anyone able to confirm this and furnish details ?

Yes, my friend was one of the fortunate passenger.

He was saying something like engine was vibrating or something. Not sure the whole story was.

Will ask him tomorrow & get the details of it too...

B772 MRC doing BKI-KUL leg; I think a/c was from NRT. On climb approaching FL350 engine number 2 suffered higher vibration than normal. Engine was operated at idle and air turnback was made towards BKI. Approaching BKI the vibration gets worse and the engine was shut down. Aircraft was landed with single engine. Not sure if any fuel was dumped.

MRC_BKI.jpg

The crew pax back to KUL with me today; the incident was told to me by the operating captain.

Due to the incident MH sends in a B744 to BKI today.

MPD_BKI.jpg

BKI spotters look out. The engine of MRC needs to be changed. A cargo aircraft will be needed, who knows what will carry the engine to BKI. Could be something very special....

B772 MRC doing BKI-KUL leg; ...

Which inbound 772 recently had an engine shut down over India and had to land in Delhi?

+++

OK, that's why we had a special treat today at BKI

Thanks capt for the info!!

Thanx Capt Radzi, now i understand why the Hibiscus is here. Well, not bad, wothout such incidence we shall not be able to expect to see Hisbiscus that soon in BKI :rolleyes:

So i guess MH081 on 22 Oct 07 was full ? Otherwise MAS just just send the passengers to KUL on 734.

I once sembang-sembang (talk) with a MAS ground engineer once, he told me (somehting like this) that this RR engine has certain limitations which in terms of power output must not be exceeded or it will cause a lot of problem. And that its not 100% reliable. Is this true.... ?

every engine has limitation.

All we need to do is just like taking care of our "Car Engine"...

Car is on the road, on the Ground..engine dies, car stop.

Plane once inflight, IF "one" engine idle, or shutdown..still can fly with one "other" engine. No problem.

haiz..i think MAS B777 have engine problem.

look at this one

777introublenm1.jpg

This photo is taken at Stockholm Arlanda Airport - ESSA

Sweden

remarks: About ten seconds after take off from runway 19R a lot of smoke and debris (the thrust reverser cowling lost pieces of fibre glass and insulation) comes out from engine #1. The 777 keeps on climbing and after what I heard on the scanner they didn't get any indications at first in cockpit, it was the tower that noticed them that they were trailing smoke. After a couple of minutes the pilots discovers problems with the engine and decides to return to Arlanda after dumping ~65 tons of fuel over the baltic sea.

About ten seconds after take off from runway 19R a lot of smoke and debris (the thrust reverser cowling lost pieces of fibre glass and insulation) comes out from engine #1. The 777 keeps on climbing and after what I heard on the scanner they didn't get any indications at first in cockpit, it was the tower that noticed them that they were trailing smoke. After a couple of minutes the pilots discovers problems with the engine and decides to return to Arlanda after dumping ~65 tons of fuel over the baltic sea.

Actually from what I heard, the person who took this photo called the authorities, who then informed the CT, who then contacted the pilots. Anyway back on topic, I agree that MH is having a problem with B777 engines. Isn't this now the 3rd incident in recent years?

In any case, the 777 is still my favourite A/C :drinks:

It seems like BKI is not a good place for plane engines... We had two planes grounded (one MH and one Korean) there not too long ago... Now we have another MH 777 experiencing engine failure there...

Anyone suspect some foul play or perhaps there is some weird magnetic field around BKI that would interrupt with engine performance?

It seems like BKI is not a good place for plane engines... We had two planes grounded (one MH and one Korean) there not too long ago... Now we have another MH 777 experiencing engine failure there...

Anyone suspect some foul play or perhaps there is some weird magnetic field around BKI that would interrupt with engine performance?

If this were to happen in SZB, i know one sole person who's responsible for the havoc engine drama.... MR.WALLAPER....

But it happened in BKI... maybe his apprentice at work... Sam... are you wallaping things kekeke :rofl:

If this were to happen in SZB, i know one sole person who's responsible for the havoc engine drama.... MR.WALLAPER....

But it happened in BKI... maybe his apprentice at work... Sam... are you wallaping things kekeke :rofl:

how i hope my hand can have 500-600mm of zoom range. wuakakaka.... wallap from the perimeter! :rofl: :rofl: :help:

Years ago, MRC had her number 1 engine replaced at Perth.... Now it is number 2's turn?
I remember this, back in 2001 I think Edited by Liam Gibb

From the BKI Spotting V2, as BC mentioned, he saw the A330 at gate 2 since 9 in the morning, and I saw it was still there at 3pm, anyone has any idea what is going on with that plane?

I once sembang-sembang (talk) with a MAS ground engineer once, he told me (somehting like this) that this RR engine has certain limitations which in terms of power output must not be exceeded or it will cause a lot of problem. And that its not 100% reliable. Is this true.... ?

Every engines has its own limitations. Not limited to RR engines. Even CFM56 also has limitations.

haiz..i think MAS B777 have engine problem.

look at this one

This photo is taken at Stockholm Arlanda Airport - ESSA

Sweden

This incident are not directly an engine failure. It is a 2ndary damage cause by primary damage, a reverser's structural failure.

9M-MPC (Special Livery) ~ Ferry Flight to Israel 27/10/2007 @ 1000LT

O/T, Samsyuri, what livery is 9M-MPC going to wear? Is she allowed to fly directly to Israel given that Malaysia has no direct diplomatic relationship with Israel?

Sign in to follow this