MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
razlizam

New Flight Charter Services by Pan-Northern Air Services

Saw the launching ceremony in Berita TV3 20th October by Menteri Besar Kedah.

Flying high with local charter air services

By : Noor Adzman Baharuddin , NST Online

Pan-Northern Air Services’ chief operating officer Mohamed Sam Manaf showing a picture of the Cessna Citation Sovereign.

ALOR STAR: What started as a modest operation with a single-engine, four-seater aircraft has turned into a high-flying venture for a local company here.

Two years ago, Pan-Northern Air Services Sdn Bhd took to the skies with a Cessna 172 — commonly seen spraying fertiliser in American films — and conducted aerial remote sensing for the government and the private sector.

However, from tomorrow, it will be spreading its wings by offering chartered flight services.

The Bumiputera-owned company, which has five aircraft, will be relying mostly on its Cessna Citation Sovereign for the charter services.

The executive jet, the latest Cessna model, will arrive from Guam today piloted by Capt Ahmad Zabidi Md Zain, the company’s managing director, and Capt Zaini Ramli, its flight operations manager.

Pan-Northern chief operating officer Mohamed Sam Manaf said the 10-seater executive jet, costing RM65 million, would be capable of flying as far as Japan and Australia without the need to stop for refuelling. The target market includes corporate clients, businessmen, senior civil servants and members of the royalty.

“In fact, all our other aircraft can also be used to provide charter services as they can be easily converted,” he said yesterday.

Besides carrying out aerial remote sensing, the company’s other aircraft — the Cessna 172, BN2, King Air and Cessna Citation Bravo — are also used for aerial photography, digital mapping and geospatial information solutions.

They also carry out GIS system development, infra-red photography, flight planning and navigation and carthographic services for clients.

Mohamad Sam said the company had received a number of bookings from local and foreign clients.

“We are banking on the chartered flight services to boost our earnings by RM20 million annually,” he said.

Saw the launching ceremony in Berita TV3 20th October by Menteri Besar Kedah.

Flying high with local charter air services

By : Noor Adzman Baharuddin , NST Online

Besides carrying out aerial remote sensing, the company’s other aircraft — the Cessna 172, BN2, King Air and Cessna Citation Bravo — are also used for aerial photography, digital mapping and geospatial information solutions.

This is good news for me. I've been asking around about aerial photography for about a week now. Must have missed the news. Thanks for sharing with us razlizam.

I guess this is definitely one of the aircraft mentioned, this was captured last week on approach to Kuching Intl. from Guam, and its Citation Sovereign... Nice jet.. but is it the latest??? :pardon:

800DSC_4631.jpg

Edited by Ignatius

I guess this is definitely one of the aircraft mentioned, this was captured last week on approach to Kuching Intl. from Guam, and its Citation Sovereign... Nice jet.. but is it the latest??? :pardon:

800DSC_4631.jpg

I am not sure about the aircraft registration number. But if it is N174TM, I thing it is not theirs. Check this out:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N174TM.html

800DSC_4631.jpg

Hi guys Im new here.

Its not the latest exec. jet but then it cruise like rocket for its size.....0.80Mach abv 29883 feet and some r equipped with HUD(head up display). the HUD enable u to land in low visibility ..zero-zero(apa pun tak nampak).

I am not sure about the aircraft registration number. But if it is N174TM, I thing it is not theirs. Check this out:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N174TM.html

A/c type is a confirmed Citation Sovereign, came from Guam... its destination thereafter was SZB... should be it kekeke... ;) I think the latest Citation is the Citation X... well... all Citation flies like damn fast anyways dont they?? :p

It is the newest completely new model from the Citation range and is also the largest (cabin size). Yes, it is slower than the the Citation X, which btw, is being test flown now with winglets to improve its already amazing performance. The Cessna 680 Citation Sovereign is one damn fine jet!

Website shows the delivery flight as being Wichita - Honolulu - Guam - Kota Kinabalu - Subang to Alor Star

Edited by Liam Gibb

It is the newest completely new model from the Citation range and is also the largest (cabin size). Yes, it is slower than the the Citation X, which btw, is being test flown now with winglets to improve its already amazing performance. The Cessna 680 Citation Sovereign is one damn fine jet!

Website shows the delivery flight as being Wichita - Honolulu - Guam - Kota Kinabalu - Subang to Alor Star

is the aircraft delivered or sooner?

Sign in to follow this