MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Is the double elite and double enrich miles promotion only for the selected few? I did not receive any email on this.

These were the contents of the email:

"We'd love to see you next year

Earn more Elite Miles to keep enjoying Platinum privileges

2x ELITE MILES 2X ELITE SECTORS PROMOTION PERIOD

15 OCT - 15 DEC 2014

Dear Mr. Lee,

We hope you are enjoying the much coveted privileges accorded to you

as an Enrich Platinum member (which also carries the oneworld® Emerald

tier status):

Business Class priority check-in

Fast track at security lanes

Preferred boarding and seating

Priority on waitlists and standby

Access to over 600 airport lounges worldwide for you

and a guest, regardless of class flown

As someone who is accustomed to the best of air travel, you would probably

want to keep your Platinum status. However, we notice that you have not

reached the 100,000 Elite Miles / 100 Elite Sectors needed to requalify for

your tier. With this in mind, we are offering you this special fast-track privilege:

Earn Double Elite Miles on top of your 30% Elite Tier Bonus

or Double Elite Sectors for your travel class.

Fly with Malaysia Airlines or any other oneworld member airline from

15 Oct to 15 Dec 2014.

It has been a great pleasure to have you at Platinum and we hope to continue

to be of service to you next year.

Warm regards,

Enrich

Name

Lee Ashley xxx xxx

Membership no.

MH xxx xxx xxx

Elite Miles / Elite Sectors

earned as of 08.09.2014

xxxxx / xx

Elite Miles / Elite Sectors

needed to maintain your

Platinum tier

100,000 / 100"

It was quite saddening to see that the Enrich team doesn't even know the difference between enrich miles and enrich elite miles. Unless of course the programme's heading towards awarding bonus miles AND tier miles proportional to status!

I believe they are offering 2x elite miles as like you we have not quite reached our level of elite miles needed to qualify for renewal.

This is the T&C i got from the email I received:

2x

ELITE MILES OR SECTOR BONUS

PROMOTION PERIOD: 15 OCT – 15 DEC 2014

Terms and conditions

1. The promotion is valid for travel on Malaysia Airlines operated flights from 15 Oct to 15 Dec 2014.

2. This promotion is only applicable to selected members who receive this electronic direct mailer (EDM). Unintended recipients will not be eligible for this promotion.

3. This promotion is not valid on oneworld flights, Firefly, MASwings, all MH5000/9000 series, codesharing flights, charter flights or flights jointly operated by other airlines.

4. Flight is defined as any flight from point of origin to destination or as per sector.

5. Bonus Elite Miles or Sectors will be credited into the account of qualified members who fulfill the conditions listed and between six (6) to eight 8 weeks after this Promotion ends.

6. If Bonus Elite Miles or Sectors do not appear in the respective Registered Member’s account after the Elite Miles or Sectors Credit Period, Registered Members can submit their claim details before 31 January 2015. Find out more by logging on to http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en/enrich/about-enrich/terms-and-conditions.html. To qualify for the additional elite miles for this campaign, such claims for flight activities during the promotion period must be submitted by 31 January 2015.

7. This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers.

8. By joining this Promotion, it is deemed that customers have read and have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may, result in forfeiture of the Bonus Elite Miles or Sectors at MAS’s absolute discretion.

9. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to vary, postpone, extend or reschedule the promotion at its sole discretion without prior notice.

10. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right at any time to change, amend, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations, including the mechanism of the promotion at its absolute discretion without prior notice.

11. Malaysia Airlines may terminate or suspend the promotion at any time in its absolute discretion in which case, Malaysia Airlines may elect not to award any Enrich Elite Miles or Sectors. Such termination or suspension shall not give rise to any claim by the members. If the promotion is continued by Malaysia Airlines, the member shall abide by Malaysia Airlines’ decision regarding the continuation of the promotion and the disposition of Elite Miles or Sectors.

12. Other standard reservations, ticketing and Enrich terms and conditions apply.

The only thing I wonder is if this is a one time thing or are we able to accumulate the 2x elite miles for every MH operated flight we take during the promotion.

Edited by Henry

On qr, one needs not fly j or f class to qualify for platinum/emerald status, and is a lot easier to achieve and maintain than mh.

On qr, one needs not fly j or f class to qualify for platinum/emerald status, and is a lot easier to achieve and maintain than mh.

With MH you don't need to fly J or F to qualify for Platinum/Emerald status. Its Platinum P that you need to fly J or F exclusively.

It says on the MAS website that reaching platinum with Enrich gives your spouse platinum status as well. Does this count for de-facto partners (including same-sex relationships)?

Received an EDM selected for the special fast-track offer 2X miles/sector bonus too.

Dear Mr. Mohd,

We hope you are enjoying the privileges you are entitled to as an Enrich Gold member (which also carries the oneworld® Sapphire tier status):

Business Class priority check-in Preferred boarding and seating Priority on waitlists and standby Access to Business Class and frequent flyer lounges for you and a guest, regardless of class flown

Little luxuries like these help make journeys more relaxing. We would like to
offer them to you as long as we can. That's why we have selected you to enjoy
the special fast-track offer below. We notice that you have not reached the
50,000 Elite Miles / 50 Elite Sectors needed to requalify for Gold.

Earn Double Elite Miles on top of your 25% Elite Tier Bonus
or Double Elite Sectors for your travel class.

Fly with Malaysia Airlines from 15 Oct to 15 Dec 2014.

Requalification is on a yearly basis, so keep flying with Malaysia Airlines
and other oneworld member airlines to earn the Elite Miles / Elite Sectors
you need. Also remember to always key in your Enrich membership number
when you book your flights and check in.

Warm regards,

Enrich

FFP miles is like currency, trading chips or monopoly money, after squaring off at the end of accounting period, issuer like Enrich need to pay deficit or receive surplus from its partners e.g. BA Avios, CV Asia Miles, etc. As Enrich has smaller members base and usage of Enrich card on other carriers is low, Enrich is more likely to be in deficit with its partners. Given Enrich's parents MH is operating at negative cash flow, it won't be a surprise paying off miles with $ to partners is lower down in priority; which probably explain why Enrich is slow to credit miles to partner account if at all.

Edited by KK Lee

Yesterday on 30OCT14 just traveling from KUL/PEN economy class O, as Gold Enrich I
got double promo awards credited as 2 elite sectors, 127 enrich miles and 202 elite miles. Thanks MH. :)

Don't know if this has been asked before but I'm new to FFP programs. Am I right to say miles converted from credit cards do not contribute to Enrich tier miles?

Don't know if this has been asked before but I'm new to FFP programs. Am I right to say miles converted from credit cards do not contribute to Enrich tier miles?

Correct. If it did count the lounges would have standing room only :p

Is the double Elite sector points promotion still going, or has it stopped early? I thought it was continuing to mid Dec, but my last sector was only credited with standard level of points.

I think you need to have received the email to quality for double elite sector points.

I think you need to have received the email to quality for double elite sector points.

Thanks Henry, I didn't receive the email, however, my previous five sectors were credited with double elite sector points. Strange.

Is the double Elite sector points promotion still going, or has it stopped early? I thought it was continuing to mid Dec, but my last sector was only credited with standard level of points.

Like you my double elite and sectors has posted as normal. Any other members receive the same issue? P.S i did receive the email regarding the promotion.

Like you my double elite and sectors has posted as normal. Any other members receive the same issue? P.S i did receive the email regarding the promotion.

I facing the same problem. But i ask enrich department and here the answer

Thank you for your email and enquiry on the promotion. Kindly be informed as follows:
1. The promotion is valid for travel on Malaysia Airlines operated flights from 15 Oct 2014 to 15 Dec 2014.
2. Bonus Elite Miles or Sectors will be credited into the account between six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the Promotion ends.
3. If Bonus Elite Miles or Sectors do not appear in the Member’s account after the Elite Miles or Sectors Credit Period, members can submit their claim details before 31 January 2015.
4. Claims for flight activities during the promotion period must be submitted by 31 January 2015.

:

Only ADL and DRW get 50% off. I guess those are their unpopular destinations in AU.

After paying surcharge could buy promo d7 ticket.