MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Tried to check in my flight to TWU tomorrow but the Enrich number was unable to register. :(

Pleased to report that the flight selection page now displays the prices in miles instead of cash. It's now smart enough to exclude the non-redeemable fares (i.e. Q/O/G/Z) and display the lowest redeemable fare.

Still no option to modify your search or go back a step, though.

It's a very strange way of redeeming miles. The booking process is the same as for normal revenue tickets, with prices being quoted in cash until you get to the payment page. And there's often no choice to choose a D fare when all flights are displaying Z.

To make things worse you can't change your search, nor can you hit "back" on your browser. You're forced to close the window and start all over again. There seems to be a limit of 50 searches per device, which is just downright stupid when the only way to change your search is starting a new one.

SAD.

Pleased to report that the flight selection page now displays the prices in miles instead of cash. It's now smart enough to exclude the non-redeemable fares (i.e. Q/O/G/Z) and display the lowest redeemable fare.

Not sure if it is me or the system. Since I now only have 20k miles, I am only able to see flights redemption to Bangkok in Y for about 8k+ miles. Tried simulating for J, it shows zero availability in Aug. Tried searching for flights to other destinations, all zeroed out as not available.

Is the new system only showing flight availability based on the miles that we have in hand?

KUL LHR, economy - 39000 + RM77.38

LHR KUL, economy - 31100 + GBP231.47

whats the recommended FFP in malaysia besides enrich? assuming i still fly MH, just dont wanna put a single mile towards enrich anymore?

whats the recommended FFP in malaysia besides enrich? assuming i still fly MH, just dont wanna put a single mile towards enrich anymore?

No idea, I've joined JL JMB instead. Cheap MH fares don't earn anything in JL though.

I've recently redeemed 5 tickets KBR-KUL-BKI for 11k(adult) and 7k for child. It's about the same rate circa 2000s when return TWU-KUL was 25k per person. I think economy seat wise not much changed, but if we're talking abt business class ones, the rate definitely has gone higher.

A bit off - not Frequent Flyer but Frequent Shopper program. lol

i find the AirAsia Big points awarded for lazada purchase is pretty good.

U get 1point for every Rm1 - double the points awarded for AirAsia flight (i seldom fly AirAsia anyhow)

Then i wait for their Final Call Sale where you can redeem for as low as 500points (normal is around 4-6k) - and fly immediately..no need to wait next year to fly.
The cheapest deal is like 500 points for KUL-KBV, KUL-HKT, KUL-KCH etc. (worth around 50-100rm)

So basically, for every Rm1k spent on lazada.. get around 10% cashback via shopback + get another rm100-200 worth of air ticket.

aklazada2.jpg

airasiabig.jpg

Edited by Fahiruz

anyone having issues crediting OW/partner flights to enrich? i notice on partner flights, you have to do a retroactive claim, as the flights dont credit to your account automatically regardless if u quote your FFP# at booking or at checkin. these usually credit in 6-8 weeks, which is ridiculous.

does this happen on other OW ffp's as well? any experience anyone?

in comparison, an ANA flight credited into SQ KF within 2 weeks of travel (also through missing mileage claim)

lastly, does the enrich team EVER reply emails?

anyone having issues crediting OW/partner flights to enrich? i notice on partner flights, you have to do a retroactive claim, as the flights dont credit to your account automatically regardless if u quote your FFP# at booking or at checkin. these usually credit in 6-8 weeks, which is ridiculous.

does this happen on other OW ffp's as well? any experience anyone?

in comparison, an ANA flight credited into SQ KF within 2 weeks of travel (also through missing mileage claim)

lastly, does the enrich team EVER reply emails?

Depends on the OW/partner in question. I had no issues with my QR miles crediting quickly, despite it being insignificant.

Depends on the OW/partner in question. I had no issues with my QR miles crediting quickly, despite it being insignificant.

Yes.. I have no problem with JAL

A lot of times the issue is due to mismatch between pax name as registered on Enrich & booking name. When that happens then the back & forth between Enrich & partner airlines can be excruciatingly painful, especially airlines out in the boondocks like...American.

Yes.. I have no problem with JAL

how long after travel did they credit?

Me too, no problem crediting. The fastest is BA flights

i have one BA flight since may havent credited. also note, that miles are valid from date of travel, so technically you lose 2 months worth of validity just waiting for them to credit.

A lot of times the issue is due to mismatch between pax name as registered on Enrich & booking name. When that happens then the back & forth between Enrich & partner airlines can be excruciatingly painful, especially airlines out in the boondocks like...American.

did you experience this personally? how long did it take in the end?

did you experience this personally? how long did it take in the end?

Not personally no - but I've handled such cases before. While they did say 6-8 weeks, it's dependent on how fast the partner airline can confirm validity. Sometimes you can get in 2 weeks, sometimes not.

Not personally no - but I've handled such cases before. While they did say 6-8 weeks, it's dependent on how fast the partner airline can confirm validity. Sometimes you can get in 2 weeks, sometimes not.

It was 6 months for me when I flew on CX & CX codeshare with JAL (HKG-HND) on CX, HND-HNL on JAL, HNL-NRT on JAL, NRT-HKG on CX. I was using Enrich at that time and it took me several times visiting MAS office in KL Sentral to resolve the problem.

CX was quite efficient but it was JAL who took 6 months to credit my miles.

Malaysia Airlines CEO re-engages with Oneworld, reboots Enrich

The airline’s frequent flyer scheme is also subject of what Bellew describes to Australian Business Traveller as “a complete reboot.”

“I think the Enrich program has immense potential. In Malaysia, which is our core market, it’s the most recognised loyalty brand but we’ve done very, very little with it over the years… there’s been a lack of resources put on it, and maybe because of everything else that’s going on.”
“We haven’t been treating (Enrich) like a business,” Bellew reflects. “It’s been a little bit of an interesting sideshow, whereas it should have been core part of the business, so we’re going to invest in people and systems and the backend in the next 12 months.”
A cornerstone of this is the recent appointment of Australian Mark Ross-Smith – a loyalty consultant and champion of ‘big data’ – to head the Loyalty & Enrich portfolio.

New Enrich website is up and running, seems to be a cosmetic change and unification exercise to have the Enrich website no longer as a seperate entity. Functionality remains the same with no integration/linking with bookings as it was previously.

New Enrich website is up and running, seems to be a cosmetic change and unification exercise to have the Enrich website no longer as a seperate entity. Functionality remains the same with no integration/linking with bookings as it was previously.

Old wine in new bottle?

I submit claim for missing miles on my recent Qatar Airways flight on 21 September and today saw the miles already in my Enrich account. Very efficient indeed.

I submit claim for missing miles on my recent Qatar Airways flight on 21 September and today saw the miles already in my Enrich account. Very efficient indeed.

Maybe it was the actual posting of the miles albeit really late! :pardon:

While booking the QR ticket and boarding, I never disclose my Enrich number. I only submitted the outgoing trip for claim on 21. On 22 Sept, I already received email asking me to submit returning trip boarding passes for claim based on the air ticket copy submitted in the outgoing claim. That's why im surprised by the efficiency. Very unMalaysian.

While booking the QR ticket and boarding, I never disclose my Enrich number. I only submitted the outgoing trip for claim on 21. On 22 Sept, I already received email asking me to submit returning trip boarding passes for claim based on the air ticket copy submitted in the outgoing claim. That's why im surprised by the efficiency. Very unMalaysian.

seems like its a very hit or miss thing. partner flights usually take ages to credit.

i flew KUL-CMB-LHR-CMB-KUL on UL and LGW-AMS on BA in may, claimed in jun, all sectors posted only in sept.

flights on CX also took about 2 months to credit.

what really gets to me is that even taking so long to credit, the validity is from date of travel. kinda short change here i feel.

Would like to get your thoughts on this

During the recent 3x Enrich promo I booked multiple flights to take advantage of an easy fast track to gold status. The T&C state that as long as the original ticket was booked during the promo and you travel by 31/3/19 that you are eligible.
Last week I needed to change to a booking from 26/10 to 24/10 and duly paid the RM150 change fee. When I checked my statement I noticed that only 1 elite sector was added instead of the expected 3.
I contacted the Enrich call center and unfortunately was connected to Fiji where the agent told me because changed the flight I wasn’t eligible for the bonus miles/sectors. I referred him to the T&C https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/enrich/tnc/TnC_Enrich_Triple_Everything_Campaign_10OCT2018_FINAL.pdf where #8 states that I should be eligible. After refusing to listen and accept my view I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for a long while before being cut off in the transfer process. Total call time 30mins
I called back and this time connected a helpful Malaysian agent who understood the issue, agreed with my view and placed me on hold a few times whilst she checked. Unfortunately I was again cut off. Total call time 28 mins
By now Im quite annoyed and call back again, get connected to another Malaysian agent and promptly told no you are not eligible. After referring her to the T&C she backtracked and asked for her to find and speak to the previous agent. After being put on hold and just having silence for 14 mins the agent returns to inform be that the 2nd agent is sending an internal email on this and if its not updated within a few days to call back so see whether my claim is successful. Total Call time 18 mins
This is the first time for many years that I had to deal with Enrich and frankly having to make 3 calls and waste 1.25 hours Im not impressed with their call center operation.